PDA

View Full Version : Judge call for Washington state

martinezjkind
08-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I am looking for at least one judge , or it could be rotating judges, for one of the Washington stores that just notified me that their current judge is no longer able to do it due to time. Currently they are running events every other Saturday at 6pm and it is up in Redmond.

I am also wondering when we Champions would get a list of judges in our states so no judge ever gets burn out.

pckid47
08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
if i still lived there, i totally would. :P however its nice to see WoW flourishing up on the mountain from what it use to be 2-3 years ago. u guys do an awesome job.

GeekyRyan
08-02-2011, 05:07 PM
I just passed my Level 1 test and would love to help out. Currently I have no experience with organizing and being part of events, but would be more than willing to come out and help if another judge is there until I get a feel for it. Feel free to contact me.

martinezjkind
08-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I had one person contact me already , but the more the merrier. It helps prevent burnout and also you can see how each handles different situations and learn from it

GeekyRyan
08-02-2011, 05:23 PM
If it is possible to come and observe and maybe just see how it all works I would really appreciate it, then I would possibly be available to fill in sometime in the future. I could even be like a minion or something :)

jarome
08-02-2011, 06:01 PM
it wouldn't be a bad idea, but it would involve you traveling to Tacoma.

GeekyRyan
08-02-2011, 08:04 PM
OP said Redmond, regardless if it is Saturday or Sunday I am willing to drive to Tacoma for the experience. I couldn't do it all the time for Battlegrounds or something. What ever experience I can get the better. We have nothing in Snohomish county and before I even considered trying to start something seriously I need to have some idea of how thinks go. I have never even played in a tournament for any game, which I hope to fix during PAX.

The short version, I am willing to drive to Tacoma even to better myself as a Judge or TO.

jarome
08-02-2011, 08:13 PM
well the judge call is for redmond but myself and Jason (he judges) play in Tacoma on Sundays at 3 in Tacoma.

martinezjkind
08-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Games and Gizmos is the place and the location is 16150 NE 87th St, Redmond, WA 98052.They hold events every other saturday at 6pm, I am working graveyard from 2am to at least 8 on sunday and then do my local BG at 2pm to help new players if they need help. I am not able to go up to Redmond on a regular basis , but they asked me if I could and so I took it upon myself to find them a judge. I did inform G&G that if they hold any larger events or demos I would be glad to help out , that way the local judges can actually play since at that level of play you can not play at the event you are judging. There is a judge that contacted me privately about judging at the location and if it pans out , you both can learn from each others views on how to deal with situations .As for learning about rulings , most of the information is in Comp rules, also a lot of SI7 check the forums and have facebooks if you can find them .

-edit- You get a lot of judging experience at larger events since it is with people that don't know you and you don't know them . It is a lot different having a rules question with players you have known for 3+ years and people you never met and there is a cash prize on the line .

GeekyRyan
08-03-2011, 12:11 AM
I am willing to drive to Tacoma and Redmond (Redmond more often) or else where on weekends. If you could just point to whom ever I need to speak with about "interning" or what not, like the TO or head judge I would greatly appreciate it. I just don't think I am ready for taking it on myself, and want to make sure I truly deserve the title of Level 1 Judge and passing wasn't just luck. Thanks for the help.