PDA

View Full Version : instant vs instant

gruntofkis
08-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I was playing the game at friend house, this came up. Player A plays instants that allow add bonus to a card, by naming a card name and get +4 for each copy of that card in all players army. so that player A's card now has +16. Players B plays instants that discard the his current solider which was that name card that Player A use. So does that mean now that Player A card is worth +12?

jollytothegreen
08-16-2011, 08:34 AM
you might want to be more specific. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Stupnick
08-16-2011, 08:58 AM
From my understanding and a few attempts at playing the game,

You take turns playing instants, then at the end compare the total Yumminess. If your Yumminess is less you lose.

So in this case, if your opponent removes one of your servings, which gave you a bonus you would reduce your bonus as he is no longer there to buff your other serving

LennyV
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
My thought is that you are correct, the additional yumminess is recalculated if you change what the instants are basing their yumminess on.
I see nothing in the rules that states which way this event would be solved.
-Lenny

__X__
08-16-2011, 10:23 AM
lol, thought it was a bot until I saw it was the Food Fight forum, not the WoW forum.

Bernado
08-16-2011, 10:51 AM
lol, thought it was a bot until I saw it was the Food Fight forum, not the WoW forum.

-1 yumminess to you, sir. :D

Stupnick
08-16-2011, 10:56 AM
My thought is that you are correct, the additional yumminess is recalculated if you change what the instants are basing their yumminess on.
I see nothing in the rules that states which way this event would be solved.
-Lenny

The main reason my assumption of this is, is that in the rules it specifically states you calculate it to get to the best yumminess. So if you were to play something that gave +4 yumminess on a card that had an effect to double it, that +4 would be doubled...

__X__
08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
-1 yumminess to you, sir. :D

...but I'm holding a Dunkin' Donut?

boba_fouts
08-16-2011, 12:56 PM
...but I'm holding a Dunkin' Donut?

...and I'm holding a Krispie Kreme, & since you don't have coffee...I WIN!

Matt_Hyra
08-16-2011, 03:58 PM
I was playing the game at friend house, this came up. Player A plays instants that allow add bonus to a card, by naming a card name and get +4 for each copy of that card in all players army. so that player A's card now has +16. Players B plays instants that discard the his current solider which was that name card that Player A use. So does that mean now that Player A card is worth +12?

Candy Warhol locks in the bonus when you play it, so no, it does not lose the additional 4.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
CZE R&D and Food Fight Game Designer

Stupnick
08-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Awesome.. Thank you for the explanation...

Bernado
08-17-2011, 12:00 AM
I don't think I can stand official explanations on this game for very long.
... I get hungry. :D
Thanks for the explanation, Matt.
Enjoy your meal [fight].