PDA

View Full Version : Best way to prepare for test?

Alark
08-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Hey guys, I am very interested in taking the lvl1 judge test, however I dont just want to keep failing every week until I pass.

Obviously I have read the rules cover to cover but I doubt that will prepare me for more complex questions.

So how did everyone else revise for the test?

Regards
Alark

DarkSeverance
08-31-2011, 12:05 PM
I try to answer questions when I can in the TCG Rules forum. If you aren't sure if the answer is correct, then just read the first part of the question and write your answer down on a piece of paper or type it in notepad. Then when the answer is given, see if your answer matches what was given or scroll down if the answer was already given.

The best way to learn is to answer the questions and learn why. It is so much as getting the answer correct as it is important to know "why" the answer is correct. That's what I usually do.

Ferrier13
08-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Your best bet is read the comprehensive rules located at http://www.wowtcg.com/documents

After that You should be ready for level 1 test easily.

demonfae
08-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Your best bet is read the comprehensive rules located at http://www.wowtcg.com/documents

After that You should be ready for level 1 test easily.

I love you to death, Zo, but this advice is pretty awful. The CR is way more than you need for the L1 test, and it's pretty intimidating to read cover to cover. (I don't know if Zo just likes torturing new judges, or if he's one of those people who sleeps with the CR under his pillow...I keep two copies, just in case.)

For the L1 test you need to understand basic game rules and concepts. Knowing the starter rule book inside and out is sufficient. If you want to advance in judge levels, you'll eventually need to read the Comprehensive Rules for the nitty gritty stuff, but that can be overwhelming and I recommend you tackle it piece by piece. Keep in mind also that the L1 test covers game rules. Tournament Policy and the Penalty Guide are important, but are more prevalent on higher level tests.

Ferrier13
09-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Bah, The comp Rules are not that intimidating.. i mean their only what 10 point topics... thats nothing... But yah I wasn't really thinking about what was required for the level 1 test. If you know the basic rules you should be able to pass the level 1 test. Also remember the level 1 test is open book.

ComicBkJim
09-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I would definitely be aware of Pre Priority Processing section. As many things are addressed there that I believe should be addressed under card types/key words as well. Things such as Locations, Unique, Pets ...

Jim

ajsingle
09-01-2011, 10:35 AM
In order to pass the level 1 judge test, first learn to read. Once you've done that, you're ready for the test! Most people that have played 10 games of the card game could pass the L1 judge test.