PDA

View Full Version : World Championship and DMF Rotterdam Staff Call

Gwon
08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Cryptozoic is now taking applications for sponsorship to 2011 World Championship and DMF Rotterdam. We are looking for judges and Champions that have tournament and administrative experience. Words/DMF Rotterdam will be held 10 November through 13 November, 2011 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.

Cruise Terminal Rotterdam
Wilhelminakade 699
3072 AP Rotterdam
Netherlands

World Championship Information Page (http://www.wowtcg.com/tournaments/world-championship/world-championship-2011)
DMF Rotterdam Information Page (http://www.wowtcg.com/tournaments/darkmoon-faire/darkmoon-faire-rotterdam-2011)

The sponsorship application window begins on 31 August, and will close on Wednesday 21 September 2011.

If you would like to apply for sponsorship, you must email volunteers@cryptozoic.com. Please put “2011 Worlds Sponsorship” in the subject line.

Here is some useful information:
There will be three different sponsorships available -
• Full sponsorships will be provided a flight and shared hotel room from 9 November and leaving on 14 November 2011.
• Flight OR Hotel sponsorships will be provided either a flight OR shared hotel room from 9 November and leaving on 14 November 2011. You may apply to be provided a flight or other travel (this include train). PLEASE SPECIFY CLEARLY WHAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
• Volunteer sponsorship means that the staff person will cover both hotel and travel to the event. CZE will assist those that cover their own hotel or travel. • You will be provided lunch _or_ a small stipend. No other costs will be covered.
• Judges are expected to wear nice, clean black slacks with black shoes. Additionally, you will be issued two Cryptozoic judge shirts if you have not already received one (from working a previous event). If you fail to meet the dress code, you will be asked to remedy the situation and if you cannot, you will not be asked to attend other shows on behalf of Cryptozoic. Non-judge staff will be expected to wear nice, clean blue jeans (with no holes, not tattered, no rips) and a Cryptozoic Event Staff shirt. If you have not received one yet, you will be given two.

Here are the requirements:

• Must have extensive experience conducting effective and efficient administrative tasks (Scorekeeping, Registration, League staff). OR Must have extensive judge experience.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Willing to work the entire event.
• Able to judge long hours. Days will be 8-10 hours.
• Able to lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding jobs relating to tournament setup.
• Must be friendly and have a positive attitude.
• Willing and able to assist the event staff as required with additional duties, which may include registration, table clothes, floor maintenance, radio check-in/out, breaking down of event materials, packing pallets at the end of the event, etc…
• Must be able to respond to emails within 48 hours with regards to travel arrangements.

Here is what we need in your email:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Please send your sponsorship request to volunteers@cryptozoic.com, include “World Sponsorship” in the subject line.
• Your name.
• Your CZE ID.
• Level of sponsorship you require; Full, Travel OR Hotel, or volunteer. Please remember that you are more likely to be accepted if you are able to cover your travel and lodging.
• Would you prefer to work administration or judge?
• The day you are able to arrive to the event.
• Your email address.
• Your shirt size and if you have not received one yet.
• Your date of birth.
• Your complete mailing address and phone number.
• List of events you have worked for Cryptozoic.
• Airport you would fly out of if flight sponsorship is needed.
• Emergency contact information and drug allergies.
• Languages you speak
• Do you have the necessary Passports?
• Any special requirements you have.
• Your CZEV# (if you are a Champion)
• Remember to include the name of event that you are requesting sponsorship for in the subject line.

What is expected?

• You will bring four days’ worth of appropriate attire.
• You will either conduct administrative duties or judge (depending on staffing requirements and sponsorship requests) Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This will require long days with almost no breaks.
• You will prepare for the event thoroughly. If you are judging, you can start by reviewing all available rules, procedures and policies.

What is NOT paid for (partial list of common assumptions)?

• Food (Each person will receive either lunch or one small stipend each day).
• Taxi fares, bus fares, parking, etc.
• Additional room costs (room service, movies, laundry, etc).
• Ticket change fees (if you change your ticket, you pay all related fees).

Hotel Info:

• If you receive hotel sponsorship, you will be sharing a hotel room with at least one other person working the event.
• Spouses, friends, volunteers, players, significant others are not permitted.
• Your hotel will be paid for starting the day before the event and last until the day after the event. If you wish to stay longer or arrive earlier, you must arrange for this yourself.

Judge Testing:

• There will be all levels of judge testing at this event.

Important Notes:

• This is not like a vacation, this is like work. It can be very rewarding and valuable, but it is hard work.
• If you are not chosen, don't take it personally. There are a limited number of sponsorships available. Again, if you would like to increase your chances of being accepted, covering your own flight and hotel will go a long way.

Please send your sponsorship request to volunteers@cryptozoic.com. The deadline to apply is Wednesday 21 September 2011 .

Judge/Volunteers who work the entire event will receive the following gifts:
4 displays of product from a recent set
7 Judge Sleeves*
2 Rare Loot card from a recent set
2 Uncommon Loot card from a recent set
3 Common Loot cards from a recent set
2 Worlds Participation Promos
1 Worlds Top 96 Promo
1 Worlds Deckbox
1 Worlds Playmat
1 DMF Top 64 promo
2 DMF Participation promo
1 DMF Playmat
1 DMF Deckbox
8 League Prize Sleeves
4 Archives Packs
1 Judge Notepad
1 Fans First Band
1 Pack of Deathwing Sleeves
1 Pack of Headless Horseman Sleeves
Various Promos from other Cryptozoic products (CZE Lanyard, Sleeves, and other cool stuff)

* Judge Sleeves are new. Each sleeve will consist of 3 judge foils. These will be judge foils that have already been given out in the past as well as new judge foils. This way judges may trade amongst themselves for judge foils that they may be missing.

Reikio
08-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Is there a point for Americans to apply for Full Sponsorship?

Littlejon24
08-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Is there a point for Americans to apply for Full Sponsorship?

i would try anyways. they may need to deny a lot of American sponsorship applications, but some may be chosen to go.

Aaric
09-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Just in case the applications are sent to some box or something and not reviewed until the app deadline is up, if we wanted to change something in our app can we? I originally applied for full sponsorship, but just found out I have enough airmiles for the trip and would only need hotel.

albi_TheRookie
09-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Just in case the applications are sent to some box or something and not reviewed until the app deadline is up, if we wanted to change something in our app can we? I originally applied for full sponsorship, but just found out I have enough airmiles for the trip and would only need hotel.

Just if you won't apply in a second mail, you wouldn't find out :) Be sure, you can send a second mail, just do it! I would like to see you in Rotterdam.

WarcraftinJapan
09-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Bring it on... I will be there judging or not! All booked up!
I hope to be on the judging team this time though. NACC was fun, but wish I had volunteered!

Belahar
09-14-2011, 02:56 AM

I've noticed that, once your application gets processed, they will usually mail you back if there is no full sponsorship avaible. I'm not sure what the case is if you need to edit something, because I also need to edit something, but I'm just waiting untill the confirmation that I did get accepted to do that.

Hope it helped, though.

Sokles
09-14-2011, 04:43 AM
AFAIK from previous events there is no auto behind e-mail, just a normal person ;) So rather You can mail them for the second time especially You want less then before ;)

Patrigan
09-19-2011, 09:41 PM

Ooh, Robert is coming! I promise that I will drop the Canadian jokes this time (need to stay original, no?) In fact, I will boldly state that Canada is obviously better than USA!

Aaric
09-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Ooh, Robert is coming! I promise that I will drop the Canadian jokes this time (need to stay original, no?) In fact, I will boldly state that Canada is obviously better than USA!

I don't know if I'm coming yet, it depends if I get picked up for hotel sponsorship.

Patrigan
09-20-2011, 04:38 AM
I don't know if I'm coming yet, it depends if I get picked up for hotel sponsorship.

Based on what was said at the last DMF: Any (experienced) judge that will pay his own travl will most likely get a hotel sponsorship.

Ofcourse, don't take my word for it, but since you managed to bribe someone for that Artisan, I have little doubt about your hotel sponsorship :p

demonfae
09-20-2011, 08:22 AM

Hey. Hold on a second....

You may have to make up for this slight with chocolate. I'm just sayin'....

Aaric
09-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Based on what was said at the last DMF: Any (experienced) judge that will pay his own travl will most likely get a hotel sponsorship.

Ofcourse, don't take my word for it, but since you managed to bribe someone for that Artisan, I have little doubt about your hotel sponsorship :p

Can you say anything without it sounding like an insult?

martinezjkind
09-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I am not sure how they work on who gets what sponsorship or who gets a hotel and who does not . So i don't worry about it too much

edit : and on judge levels , I have done 2 conventions , at least 4 realm Q, 2 realm championships , DMF , a nationals , and some pre-releases . I have always been a level 1 judge, UDE and Crypto, and continue to get sponsorship from time to time . I say as long as a judge is working hard , trying there best , and finding ways to improve themselves why should the level matter to other people

Patrigan
09-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Can you say anything without it sounding like an insult?

Difficult! But hey, at least I managed not to insult Canada? :p Just remember, it's all just a joke. If you feel I'm going overboard, say the word and I'll be silent ^^

It'll be great having you at the event, we can use every experienced hand at a World Championship.

Patrigan
09-21-2011, 01:00 AM
I am not sure how they work on who gets what sponsorship or who gets a hotel and who does not . So i don't worry about it too much

edit : and on judge levels , I have done 2 conventions , at least 4 realm Q, 2 realm championships , DMF , a nationals , and some pre-releases . I have always been a level 1 judge, UDE and Crypto, and continue to get sponsorship from time to time . I say as long as a judge is working hard , trying there best , and finding ways to improve themselves why should the level matter to other people

I agree with your statement, however these levels are also an indication of how hard you want to judge. If you become a level 2, you're basically saying "I'm interested in judging higher level events". There's no point in gaining levels to prove you have an excellent rules knowledge. There's people on the rules forum who probably have better rules knowledge than most of us and a lower level.

sdxbbs
09-21-2011, 11:35 AM
hello everyone !

did they send the judging confirmation ?

thank you in advance

demonfae
09-21-2011, 12:18 PM
hello everyone !

did they send the judging confirmation ?

thank you in advance

Today is the last day for applications, and it usually takes a week or so for them to sort everything out and respond.

Sokles
09-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Sometimes even more than week.

Eerion
09-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Sometimes it may be even more then a month ;D

Viteh
10-09-2011, 03:36 AM
Do they reply to everyone or just the ones that are approved?

Huiasher
10-09-2011, 04:27 AM
They reply to everyone. Usually

Eerion
10-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Worlds will start 1 month from now.

I think we should get our responces.
Soon™

Moryg
10-10-2011, 10:07 AM
So noone got a reply yet?

Ugamachi
10-10-2011, 05:42 PM
No response yet. I imagen we'll see something fairly soon.

Moryg
10-12-2011, 08:07 AM
edit: nevermind.

Aaric
10-13-2011, 12:28 AM
I just got the e-mail a couple hours ago.

Eerion
10-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Same.
I'm in.
Gratz to those who passed and see you in Rotterdam :D

Xistortion
10-14-2011, 08:54 PM
any chance we can get a "how to get to the hotel/venue" guide like we had for the world cup?

Patrigan
10-15-2011, 12:30 AM
any chance we can get a "how to get to the hotel/venue" guide like we had for the world cup?

We always get one, so don't worry bout that.

Eerion
10-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Anyone got hotel info already?
This seem strangely late, compared to DMF Poznań.

albi_TheRookie
10-30-2011, 11:22 PM
we always get the hotel-info, even if we get the infomration late :)

we always find the hotel & the venue, i don't mind

Aaric
10-30-2011, 11:37 PM
I don't know if they'll include it in our info packets, but does anyone have suggestions what to do on Wednesday? I don't really want to lug my suitcase around Amsterdam, so what is there to do/see/eat in Rotterdam?

Aatnie
10-31-2011, 04:17 AM
Rotterdam has some excellent sight-seeing and eating spots.
I would recommend to do a tour of the city by boat or even a boattour of the Harbour.
Also it has some nice musea like the Maritieme museum.
Also in dining and food we have foodplaces ranging from 10 to 50 euro's a person.
If you want to know more, you can always ask me.

Cheers

Eerion
10-31-2011, 04:57 AM
50 euro's person?
I'm just a poor judge, don't expect so much! :D

Ugamachi
10-31-2011, 11:38 PM
I am excited for Worlds / DMF Rotterdam. It's going to be a long trip but well worth it!

Aatnie
11-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Well you can try one of the four beren (bear) restaurants, who have an exellent choice of meat with fries and salad. If you like pizza or pasta more you can go to Vapiano. And offcourse we have a lot of fast food/deli restaurant who can all serve you for around 10 euro's :)

Aaric
11-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Well you can try one of the four beren (bear) restaurants, who have an exellent choice of meat with fries and salad. If you like pizza or pasta more you can go to Vapiano. And offcourse we have a lot of fast food/deli restaurant who can all serve you for around 10 euro's :)

Ok I gotta ask...bear restaurant? And are meals at fast food restaurants really 10 euros? That's pretty expensive for a big mac.

Xistortion
11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Anyone receive any info for hotel?

Aaric
11-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Anyone receive any info for hotel?

Not yet. I'm hoping we get it soon so I can google some stuff to do near it.

Programmer
11-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Ok I gotta ask...bear restaurant? And are meals at fast food restaurants really 10 euros? That's pretty expensive for a big mac.

A Big Mac menu is € 5,95
Usually people want something extra, or supersize it, or whatever.

That's the reason Aatnie says € 10, this is however the upper price for your meal :)

Aatnie
11-02-2011, 01:30 AM
www.beren.nl --> bear restaurants :) 4 of them in Rotterdam and about 15 in the Rotterdam Area.

Aaric
11-02-2011, 08:55 AM
www.beren.nl --> bear restaurants :) 4 of them in Rotterdam and about 15 in the Rotterdam Area.

Phew, I was thinking something totally different. The pics of the food looked ok, and 13 euros isn't bad for a ribs meal.

Aaric
11-04-2011, 04:01 PM
My flight gets in to the Amsterdam airport at 10:50am Wednesday. Is anyone else arriving approximately the same time who wants to meet up and take the train to the judge/staff hotel?

Ugamachi
11-04-2011, 05:55 PM
I would but my plane gets in at 8:30am :/ and I am at a diffrent hotel.

aoineko
11-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I arrive at 9:15 am. :/

Ferrier13
11-04-2011, 10:39 PM
I get in around 1PM on Wednesday.

albi_TheRookie
11-05-2011, 12:23 AM
i will arrive 11pm

Eerion
11-05-2011, 02:18 AM
I'll land 13:10 but in Eindhoven.
So I think I won't get to hotel before 16

albi_TheRookie
11-05-2011, 08:59 AM
i there any chance to get the OCR and card Pictures in an Mobile-Phone-Format?

spetznaz
11-05-2011, 01:58 PM

If you have a phone that can read pdf-files you can just use those on the phone:) might not be perfect, but it works

demonfae
11-06-2011, 04:15 PM

There aren't currently any apps for it. If you have a smartphone, there are a ton of PDF/document reader apps you can download, and you can save the CR and OCR to one of them (that's how I have them on my phone). You might also want to save policy documents.

dakkon
11-07-2011, 01:31 AM
So it seems that we have to walk 30+ mins from the train station to Cruise Terminal and there's no public transport for that part of the route?

Programmer
11-07-2011, 03:03 AM
So it seems that we have to walk 30+ mins from the train station to Cruise Terminal and there's no public transport for that part of the route?

You can use http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/ to find public transportation. There is a metrorail (subway) for part of the route...