PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from my fellow judges

FluxInfinity
09-14-2011, 06:16 PM
This past weekend I judged during my store's Draft Rally. I found today that a call I made during the event was incorrect and I have since discussed it with my regular players. Everyone understands the rule and I have appologised to them. They are all friends and are being very understanding about it. However, there was one player there that came quite a distance to play in our event. My question to my fellow judges here is this: would it be inappropriate to message that player and appologise to them? I want to be the best judge I can be. I do not want my inexperience to sour a players enjoyment but those I have posed this to so far have insisted that I not worry about it. I thank you all in advance for your consideration in this matter.

martinezjkind
09-14-2011, 08:43 PM
No matter how experienced a judge can be , we are all human and make mistakes . You should not worry about it since it happens to the best of us and we learn and move on.

Masuabie
09-15-2011, 12:25 AM
I make judging errors at our store, and usually another judge will correct me on the error. But, the game has many different exceptions and special times for things and remembering them all can sometimes be a hassle. As Martinez said, we are all human and it happens. You are being the stronger person though by admitting to your fault and trying to correct it with everyone. Good job man.

gentlegiant303
09-15-2011, 07:55 AM
I would agree. The important thing is to learn from your mistake and make sure you do not make it again. No reasonable person is going to judge you over a mistake. If you are really worried about that player you can message them, but I do not think you need to.

Benitomallari3
09-16-2011, 05:55 AM
The fact that your willing to own up to it is amazing. Thank you for stepping up. As said already, everyone makes an error here or there and that is how we grow. You said you wanted to be the best judge you can be... These are the chances to become better then you were. Regarding contacting the traveling player, I don't think you need to but you can certainly do so and I am sure they'll undrstand.

G'Luck