PDA

View Full Version : Couple Rules Questions

Skinner
10-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Picked up the game today and just finished our first 2 player game, really enjoyed it! We did have a couple questions though:

1. Shortcut: How is this supposed to be used? Before rolling the move die? After? Or is it supposed to be used when a Walker shares a space with you to escape fighting them perhaps?

2. Love Triangle: Similar to the FAQ in the rulebook about "Personality Conflict", I assume that if you have no Allies (or if there are no other Survivors) you can still choose that option instead of returning to Camp?

3. Surrounded: When it says "Each player in your region must fight.", how does that work? Do we each separately have to roll against the 5 Strength? Or is it combined between the players? Or does each other player in the Region get a separate encounter card?

Thanks guys! :D

pdillon
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Here you go.

1. Shortcut: Like any other card that does not say "any player" you may only play it on your turn. Use it help yourself or another survivor, or hinder another survivor. Best used after you roll. You can't use it to avoid an encounter you have drawn or a player walker when you are attacked.

2. Love Triangle: Correct

3. Surrounded: Each player in the region fights alone vs the 5 Strength of that one card.

Thanks for your questions. Hope that helps!

Vodka
12-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Hello,

I could not find anywhere a description, what is the Setup in Sinlge Player Game.

Matt_Hyra
12-04-2011, 01:31 PM
The Single player rules are on page 4 of the rulebook.

The setup is to choose a character and start at Camp as usual.
Put 10 random Scrounge cards in the deck, then draw 5 of them as usual.
Start with 2 Allies and 2 Allies in the pool as usual.
Now try to get all 4 Location cards and get back to Camp without dying as usual. If you do, you win. If not, you die, so try again with another character.

tongsun
12-07-2011, 07:50 AM
The more you share, thank yousadfzan@yahoo.com

tongsun
12-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Your suggestion is very good, thank youhttp://www.cx-7.info/g.ph

Vodka
12-08-2011, 10:29 AM
The Single player rules are on page 4 of the rulebook.

The setup is to choose a character and start at Camp as usual.
Put 10 random Scrounge cards in the deck, then draw 5 of them as usual.
Start with 2 Allies and 2 Allies in the pool as usual.
Now try to get all 4 Location cards and get back to Camp without dying as usual. If you do, you win. If not, you die, so try again with another character.

I try this variant, but I never win. I lost my Ally next the second Location, and usually I die befor the forth Location. But it is possible, that I roll bad :-)
Thanks for your help :-)

Matt_Hyra
12-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Since solo games are fast, no sense in them being easy! Just remember that the "Take an Extra Turn" spots aren't so good in Solo play... unless you have a Handgun.