PDA

View Full Version : Question re: Buckaroo the Mad Cowboy

wjmorris3
11-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Buckaroo's power states that each player may add two troops to the bottom of their army, in an order of their choosing. This may lead to a player having more than 5 troops in their army.

If a player does end up with more than 5 troops in their army, would that create extra Servings in that Meal or are the Servings in a Meal capped at 5, regardless of whether a player would have more in their army?

Cory_Jones
11-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Yes, you would have extra servings

wjmorris3
11-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Okay. Thanks. In addition, because this one effectively decided the game. (Note: we were playing under "boot camp" rules):

Player A had 6 VP going in, Player B had 8 VP, and the other two players, C and D, had 2 VP apiece. The battlefields came up: B3, L2, D2.

A and C went for breakfast for 3. D went for lunch for 2. B went for dinner at 2. Breakfast went to A - and I think B was lucky that A didn't have a cereal win or a Pyro blowout, else A would have won. A now at 9 VP.

D was me, and I fought the Dog and won, 2 VP to me, now at 4 VP.

Now B is at dinner, and will face the Dog. The first armies come out and it is Bacon v Dog (0). Obviously, Bacon is eaten by the Dog, leaving the Dog alone. At the time, we had to ad hoc rule and what we came up with was that B had a Yumminess of 0, which tied the Dog's 0. Since the Dog, by rule, loses all ties, the chip went to B. B would beat the Dog 3-2, and win the game. But I'm almost wondering since I see on this blog that if you have Servings left to dish out and others do not, they can't win the chip.

Were we right in our ruling or does the Dog win, even with the 0, due to no opposition?

Matt_Hyra
11-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Correct. The Dog wins that Serving, as the player has no troop.
Sounds like it was a good game!

CharlesMitchell
11-16-2011, 11:36 PM
You mean to say that at least we must have 5 troops to win this game and for extra servings. Right?

Matt_Hyra
11-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Not quite, Charles. It is possible to win a Meal with only 3 troops in your Army. If all 3 of your troops win Mints and no one plays Buckaroo, you will win the Meal. You won't be able to earn Mints during Servings 4 and 5 if you only plate 3 troops, but you can still win without competing for those Mints. If someone does play Buckaroo and you weren't able to play any additional troops, your 3 Mints will likely not be enough to win.

While it is a very good idea to plate 5 troops so you can compete in each of the Servings of a Meal, it is not a requirement to plate 5 to win. And you certainly don't need to worry about extra Servings happening too much, as Buckaroo is a Mascot, so there is only one of him in the deck.

The question I was answering concerned a disappearing Big Bad Bacon vs The Dog's 0. If the player has no troop, he does not tie the 0. The 0 wins versus no troop.

CharlesMitchell
11-17-2011, 10:50 PM
It is quite obvious Matt if you do not have a troops then you can not move forward and can't win servings. In your answer you mentioned that if I am playing Buckaroo and I have a 3 troops then I can win a meal but not Mints. Mints can be earned in 4 and 5 servings. I understand Matt. I was trying to win Mints without troops and in a 3rd serving. You are absolutely correct Matt. Thanks for the information. It is really helpful in future. :-)