PDA

View Full Version : Rules clarification

plague_dog32
11-14-2011, 12:05 PM
How does the scout master work? 7 tokens to spend turn one? or 7 quarters and my card just has a misprint? imho the scout master seems incredibly overpowered if its 7 tokens.

When a card says face-up card what are valid cards for that? does it mean also peoples discards and deleted cards? does the final red boss card count as face-up? if so does gaining it this way actually end the game since it says "bought"?

AdmiralPendragon
11-14-2011, 04:01 PM
The scoutmaster's starting deck is composed of 7 quarters (tokens) and 7 tubes (power).
When a card says you may gain a face up card it means from the purchaseable piles.
I'm not sure about the last question. I'll have to re-read the rules.

plague_dog32
11-14-2011, 04:19 PM
So I guess its a misprint? my scout master has 7 tubes 7 tokens written on it and all other cards have X tubes X quarters.

AdmiralPendragon
11-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm confused. All of your other Hero cards say X/X?

plague_dog32
11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
I just put X / X as they are all different depending on the card, my point was that scout master is the only hero card with tokens printed on it rather than quarters.

Matt_Hyra
11-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Yes, the Scoutmaster should have read " 7 Quarters " instead of 7 Tokens. No you don't get 7 tokens on turn 1. You'll want to play the card as if it said Quarters. Those 14 cards make up your starting deck as the Scoutmaster.

The final Boss (the one worth VPs) does not count as a face-up card.

TheChrisWaits
11-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Another question, regarding TouchWieners. If the active player plays multiple TouchWieners, do the other players need multiple copies to reveal, or can the same card be revealed multiple times?

Matt_Hyra
11-18-2011, 09:26 PM
The other players may reveal the same card over and over, as it doesn't leave their hand. Cards are technically always played one at a time, but it very rarely matters, so the rulebook doesn't beat you over the head with the proper procedure.
A non-active player with more than one TW in hand may reveal only one per TW played by the active player.

Wyatt
12-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah guys i am still confused that is it possible that a card can reveal more than once and if it happens than what are the rules of this game.