PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPad version of Penny Arcade The Game - Gamers Vs. Evil

Tragix
11-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Is there an rough release date for the game mentioned at the back of the manual for Penny Arcade The Game?

Matt_Hyra
11-29-2011, 09:47 PM
We don't yet have even a rough date that we can announce. It will still be a few months from now.

Wyatt
12-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah guys i am still waiting but officially it is not revealed and there is no information of its launch but i think in the new year this will come.

Riotproof
01-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi folks! Any update on the release for the iOS app? I just got the game and absolutely love it and I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks!

Riotproof
04-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Any news on this at all? Im getting a little worried it might have been cancelled. :(

pdillon
04-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Still in development, and has NOT been canceled. Will probably be around the 2nd half of 2012.

Skinner
04-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Does that mean that it will include RiR when it does finally hit iOS? Or at least have it as a purchaseable add-on at release?

Riotproof
04-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Still in development, and has NOT been canceled. Will probably be around the 2nd half of 2012.

Thanks for the update! :)

Matt_Hyra
04-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Does that mean that it will include RiR when it does finally hit iOS? Or at least have it as a purchaseable add-on at release?

I suspect that RiR will not be in the first release, so an add-on would seem likely. Since it's not done, things are not 100% nailed down yet.

GeekyRyan
04-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Is there a chance of seeing this and/or other games(Food Fight) on Android?

Matt_Hyra
04-26-2012, 05:22 PM
There is a chance, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything soon. iOS is where most game dev teams are at.

Weirmarc
07-09-2012, 07:27 PM
I know that it is just the beginning of the second half of the year but I was wondering if there is any new word on the release date for the game on iOS. My wife and I just played the game for the first time yesterday and loved it. Now we have our own copies on the way and it would be so much fun to have on our phones as well.

Matt_Hyra
07-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Glad to hear you like the game! The iOS version is still under development, but hopefully we will have some more concrete info later this summer.

mikonanaki
07-30-2012, 08:24 PM
I just picked up the Penny Arcade - Gamers Vs Evil game and played my first game with my wife. I can positively say that once this hits iOS we will be on the app store purchasing it so we can play even when we're away from each other. I can't wait for an update on release info!

Monju25
08-23-2012, 07:08 AM
THANKS FOR EVERYBODY.

piles (http://www.pilesbd.blogspot.com)

Riotproof
10-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Any other updates? Don't mean to pester, I'd just really love to be able to gift this app to a few people in time for the holidays. :) Thanks!

boba_fouts
10-08-2012, 09:45 PM
In lieu of gifting the app, you could gift them the card game.

Riotproof
10-09-2012, 06:23 AM
In lieu of gifting the app, you could gift them the card game.

Very true! And if its not out in time I may do that. I'd just like to be able play them online when we can't all get together. :)

ToddRussell
10-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Playdek has updated their website, including the addition of Penny Arcade The Game - Gamers Vs. Evil with a release date of "Coming Soon". I'm happy to see that Playdek is developing the iOS version of Penny Arcade, as I feel that they did an amazing job with Food Fight and "other" IP's. Can't wait for Penny Arcade to hit the app store, and it looks like it won't be too long now.

Clavaat
10-19-2012, 10:11 PM
You don't know how tempted I would be to program this for Android myself XD. While at college, I don't get to see my friends that often who want to play this a lot, so having an online option would be amazing. Unfortunately, I've never actually programmed apps for a smartphone before, but I would totally be willing to learn and at least get a project rolling with other people...after this semester that is haha

Riotproof
10-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Playdek has updated their website, including the addition of Penny Arcade The Game - Gamers Vs. Evil with a release date of "Coming Soon". I'm happy to see that Playdek is developing the iOS version of Penny Arcade, as I feel that they did an amazing job with Food Fight and "other" IP's. Can't wait for Penny Arcade to hit the app store, and it looks like it won't be too long now.

Yeah...just checked out Playdek's site and they took down the Penny Arcade addition. :( That makes me....nervous. I will be so sad if its been shelved.

ToddRussell
10-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Yeah...just checked out Playdek's site and they took down the Penny Arcade addition. :( That makes me....nervous. I will be so sad if its been shelved.

It's still there, just make sure you click on the "games" tab at the top of the page. :)

Riotproof
10-24-2012, 10:08 AM
It's still there, just make sure you click on the "games" tab at the top of the page. :)

Whoops! I think i had navigated to an older version of the page by just using a google search instead of going to the homepage first. My bad! :)

sivartalappes
11-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Any new news about this yet? I may be getting an iPad soon (with Christmas right around the corner) and would love to play Penny Arcade on it if I do....

Matt_Hyra
11-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Still working on it, but getting close. A Christmas iPad might soon get it...

wingedweasel
11-25-2012, 09:13 AM
That's pretty awesome news. Has anything changed in regards to the android situation?

sivartalappes
11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
I actually just got an iPad over the weekend for Black Friday. WOOT!

Matt_Hyra
11-25-2012, 07:36 PM
That's pretty awesome news. Has anything changed in regards to the android situation?

Nothing yet. The iOS developer just does iOS at this time.

wingedweasel
11-26-2012, 12:49 PM
That is unfortunate. Just have to stick with the physical version.

Riotproof
12-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Still working on it, but getting close. A Christmas iPad might soon get it...

Oooooh I want it I want it I want it....

sivartalappes
12-16-2012, 03:47 PM
I just heard a rumor that it's getting released next week! This true?!

boba_fouts
12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
It is potentially true.

pdillon
12-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil for iOS is now available on iTunes

iTunes link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/penny-arcade-game-gamers-vs./id538996749?ls=1&mt=8

Official Announcement - http://www.cryptozoic.com/articles/penny-arcade-game-gamers-vs-evil-ios-now-available

Enjoy!

sivartalappes
12-19-2012, 01:18 PM
So far there aren't many people on there... I saw 4 games set up... tried to play them... sat there for like 5 minutes and the other person never started... PLUS I couldn't figure out how to change my avatar... and everything seems to run very slowly....

Skinner
12-19-2012, 01:41 PM
So far there aren't many people on there... I saw 4 games set up... tried to play them... sat there for like 5 minutes and the other person never started... PLUS I couldn't figure out how to change my avatar... and everything seems to run very slowly....

1. It juuuuuust came out. Give it time, or get some friends to play with you.
2. You don't change your avatar, you select which Hero you play as and that is your avatar for that game.

Matt_Hyra
12-19-2012, 04:25 PM

Go into the options menu and change the Game Speed and Animation to FAST.

cakedraftmasters
12-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil for iOS is now available on iTunes

iTunes link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/penny-arcade-game-gamers-vs./id538996749?ls=1&mt=8

Official Announcement - http://www.cryptozoic.com/articles/penny-arcade-game-gamers-vs-evil-ios-now-available

Enjoy!

Cool App. Any plans to have the promos available? Also should we post issues we found in here? I played Crossbow of Caroling(the Santa that if you crit you get to reroll it and any other Santa you played this turn) and hit a 19. It rerolled for itself, but wouldnt allow me to reroll the other ones I played that turn.

cakedraftmasters
12-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Also I thought You could play Pax Poxs, for cards that count cards with different names.

Matt_Hyra
12-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Also I thought You could play Pax Poxs, for cards that count cards with different names.

Because the PLAY ALL button is the way most people play, it just happens too often that people would miss out on being able to delete their Poxes. So we left them in hand, which only hurts one or two cards, instead of virtually every destroy card.

In the physical game, you can still play your PAX Poxes if you want...

sivartalappes
12-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Woah... why did BatMilk get changed? It's 2 cards in the physical copy, but only 1 card in the iOS...

Matt_Hyra
12-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Woah... why did BatMilk get changed? It's 2 cards in the physical copy, but only 1 card in the iOS...

More fair now.

sivartalappes
12-20-2012, 07:33 AM
ugh. I don't like it now. With 2 cards it was fun. With 1 card it's not very useful.

Skinner
12-20-2012, 09:19 AM
ugh. I don't like it now. With 2 cards it was fun. With 1 card it's not very useful.

Disagree. It's absolutely slower than the physical game, but it's still effectively a multi-use card as either a draw 1 (like RCN) or delete 1 (like FC or Div). If there's some big token generators on the board like Werewolf or Pickle Recognition Engine on top of Bat Milk, it's a good sign that a green loot deck may be successful.

cakedraftmasters
12-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Another card that is not setup right is one of the Satan boss loot. The double all power this turn only doubles the power of cards you played, but it does not double the continual power effects. For example if you have the hero that gives you +1 power, or the satan boss loot that stays in play and gives you +1 power it does not double the power from those cards.

brooklynapple
12-20-2012, 10:44 AM
New player here, having picked up the iOS version of the game yesterday. I'm enjoying it, but am confused about one thing - is there any way to tell how many victory points you have before the end of the game? So far, I've been ending games without any clear idea of whether or not I'm ahead in victory points, which makes it hard to tell if choosing to end the game is strategic or not.

cakedraftmasters
12-20-2012, 10:59 AM
New player here, having picked up the iOS version of the game yesterday. I'm enjoying it, but am confused about one thing - is there any way to tell how many victory points you have before the end of the game? So far, I've been ending games without any clear idea of whether or not I'm ahead in victory points, which makes it hard to tell if choosing to end the game is strategic or not.

You can click your deck and it will show you the remaining cards in your library. You can also click your discard pile and see the cards in there. You can count the star value on the bottom left all the cards in your hand, library and discard pile to determine your victory point total at that point. If you wait until your opponent's deck is mostly in their discard pile, you can get a good guess on how many points they have.

brooklynapple
12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Ah, okay, thanks! It would be nice if the game gave you a running total of your victory points, since you can manually calculate them at any time. Saves a bit of trouble to have that piece automated.

Team_playdek
12-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Hi all,

George from Playdek here.

A quick note regarding compatible devices: we've seen at least one report showing that a discrepancy exits in the iTunes listing for the game... iPod Touch 2nd generation is listed as "compatible" but in fact it is NOT supported. We require OS 4.3 or higher and the iPod Touch 2nd Gen only goes to 4.2.1. We regret any problems this may have caused anybody and we offer our apologies!

We've been stoked to bring Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil to iOS and working with Cryptozoic and we greatly appreciate your support!

Please email any issues you find (or questions) to support@playdekgames.com. That'll get it into our database for review by the team. Questions will be answered as our staff can.

Once again, thank you all very much!

George@Playdek

NichM
12-21-2012, 10:29 PM
So I'm going to email this to the team, but this bug was too good not to brag about here as well: I managed to break the game by scoring too many points.

http://www.maragos.org/images/pa-winner.jpg

What happened was, the computer kind of screwed itself over by getting a bunch of Candymancers, Deep Crows, and Bat Milks early on, and ended up without enough purchasing power to buy anything worth any VP. During that time, I was getting my own much more effective engine up and running, with which I managed to buy most of the Satan cards. Once Kill Stealing came up, I started using it to buy multiple Santas each turn (the computer still hadn't scraped together enough tokens to buy even one), and spent the turns between Kill Stealing bonanzas buying up all the high-VP red cards on the deck.

By the time I was forced to end the game, I'd bought 9 Satan cards and 7 Santas, as well as all the Winter Kings, all the Laser Squids, and nearly all of the Chaos World-Smashers and Witchaloks, plus other stuff. I think the game either didn't know how to handle a score that large, or assumed I was cheating... so it awarded the game to the AI and its piddly 29 points!

sivartalappes
12-22-2012, 06:15 AM
NichM, you didn't know you were ACTUALLY playing Penny Arcade: Golf? Where the lowest score wins. lol

Mace1370
01-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi guys. First, I love the game (have both the card and the iOS). I am curious about future expansions, however. Are there any plans to bring the explanion (Rumble in R'lyeh) to iOS?

Matt_Hyra
01-27-2013, 09:19 PM
No plans one way or the other at the moment, but we would certainly like to.

Willzyx
08-04-2013, 05:17 AM
Have there been any developments over the last six months, or are we still looking at "no plans"?

Matt_Hyra
08-04-2013, 02:25 PM
There are still no plans to do it. There is more to it than us simply wanting to, unfortunately.