PDA

View Full Version : Rumble in R'lyeh standalone expansion announced!

michaelsacco
12-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Just when you thought it was safe to pick up the controller...just when it seemed the time for cardboard tubes was at an end...the dread elder god Cthulu rises from his slumber in the sunken city of R'lyeh, and he's not playing games!

Penny Arcade The Game: Rumble in R’lyeh is a complete game, but it's also an expansion to the hit deckbuilding game of 2011, Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil. Players can easily mix the two sets together for the ultimate crazy ride through the sublimely bizarre world of the Penny Arcade web comic. Explore Gabe's Gross Mouth, harness the dubious power of Bono Trask: Timesqueezer, and fall under the curse of TouchWeiners' dark double: the Were-Swan.

So what's new under the sea? Gold cards! These powerful cards require both Tokens and Power to acquire and count as both Green and Red cards, unlocking tons of new synergy and customization options with the previous set. New Green and Red cards add even more longevity to the game.

What's in the box:
406 Game Cards
• 10 Hero Cards
• 31 Cardboard Tube Starting Cards
• 31 Quarter Starting Cards
• 99 Gamer Cards (9 each of 11 different cards)
• 54 Gold Cards (9 each of 6 different cards)
• 99 Evil Cards (9 each of 11 different cards)
• 9 Boss Cards
• 24 Boss Loot Cards
• 20 PAX Pox Cards
• 1 Deleted Stack Card
• 2 Unique Hero Starting Cards
• 26 Randomizer Cards
1 20-sided Die
1 Glob Token

At a Glance:
• Number of Players: 2-4
• Age Range: 15+
• Time to Play One Game: 30 minutes
• MSRP: $44.99

Content features the humor of Penny Arcade and is for audiences 15+ years old.

JesusChristMD
12-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Does want.

nearlysober
12-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm really looking forward to this! It looks like this is primarily being sold as a full stand-alone version (with tubes, quarters, pox, etc). Are there plans to sell a add-on version, with only the new items?

Matt_Hyra
12-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Clocking in at over 400 cards for the full thing, versus 330 for the "new" only, it's not really worth doing two different boxes. The amount of new is enough to warrant the purchase. Consider the extra starting cards as replacements. They do get played the most.

nearlysober
12-26-2011, 12:27 PM
True, our quarters and tubes are looking pretty worn. We keep telling ourselves we're going to get some sleeves for them but it has yet to happen.

Wizardmon
02-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Is there going to be a promo pack for this one like there was with the original game? and if so will I get it even if i pre-order now and don't check off something that doesn't exist yet?

sivartalappes
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Is there going to be a promo pack for this one like there was with the original game? and if so will I get it even if i pre-order now and don't check off something that doesn't exist yet?

Same question.

pdillon
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Orders from the Cryptozoic Entertainment e-store for Penny Arcade The Game: Rumble in R'lyeh (including pre-orders) will receive the PAX promo card "Ultimate PAX Mega-Fan" (while supplies last). Pre-orders will be fulfilled first, but the card may not ship immediately with your game order (it will ship separately and may arrive shortly after).

Megalodon360
03-12-2013, 08:24 AM
will an IOS version of this be available like in the original Penny Acrade.That would be awesome.

Matt_Hyra
03-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Hopefully, but it's up to Playdek if they want to keep going with it.

RenegadePhantom
06-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, been really enjoying both the original and the expansion, and I was wondering if you're ever going to do another expansion set?

Matt_Hyra
06-05-2013, 10:41 AM
No plans so far, but who knows for the future...