PDA

View Full Version : Random Foes

lastalchemist
12-17-2011, 08:40 PM
This game looks like it totally kicks ass, and I can't wait to get a copy. I read through the rules and I do have one question:

It says in the rules under "Random Foes:"

Starting with the Player to your left, distribute values on a single six-sided die to each of the legal targets for the effect. Then roll a die to see who the victim will be. (see example below.)

Even after checking the example below I am a little confused about this. The rules don't say that the distribution of numbers on the six sided die have to be even for every legal target. So if I am in a four player game and my three opponents are all legal targets of my random kick ass spell, but I really want player 2 to take the damage from the spell, can I assign the numbers from the six-sided dice like this:

Foe 1: 1
Foe 2: 2-3-4-5
Foe 3: 6

In the example it distributes the numbers evenly among the three foes, but I can't find anything in the rules that states you must assign the numbers of the six-sided die evenly amongst the legal targets, only that they must be assigned.

Thanks for your help in advance.

LA

Matt_Hyra
12-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Distribute the numbers means you cannot weight one player over another. Each foe gets the same number of "hits."

lastalchemist
12-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Hey Matt,

Thanks for the reply, but after rereading the rules the term "evenly" does not appear anywhere with regards to "Random Foes." "Evenly" is also not found in the play example at the end of the rules with regards to distribution for Random Foes.

Thanks for the clarification, I will definitely be playing that way, but it may be something worth putting in a FAQ at some point.

Thanks Again,
Dan

Matt_Hyra
12-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Ok, it doesn't actually say evenly, but hopefully the example will show that evenly is the only way it's truly random. Can't imagine anyone getting away with weighting one player over another.

drewamek
01-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Sounds like a great house rule to me. :eek:

Matt_Hyra
01-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Sounds like a great house rule to me. :eek:

Call it an official clarification and how all events will be played. :cool: