PDA

View Full Version : Rules regarding Pax Pox

thats1ce
01-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Greetings,

I'm curious what happens to Pax Pox when they get deleted. Are they removed from the game (placed in the delete stack) or can you put them back in the original stack?

The reason I ask is because if there are only 20 pax pox cards, is it possible to use them all? If I've deleted 5 of them, the potential that anyone could gain would only be 15. Is this correct?

-1ce

JesusChristMD
01-02-2012, 04:23 PM
We put them back in the stack. Iunno.

Morp
01-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Deleted cards are removed from the game even pax pox.

Matt_Hyra
01-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Indeed they are deleted and removed from the game.

nearlysober
01-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Indeed they are deleted and removed from the game. It is important not to put them back into the original Pox Pile because that stack counts as a depletable stack for an endgame condition.

I've had a few games abruptly end when the Pax Pox runs out (being the 6th depleted stack). Which brings up a question maybe Matt can clarify.

Let's say there are 5 depleted stacks, and 1 Pax Pox left. I've laid down 11 power so far and the last card in my hand is a Chaos World Smasher. I want to play it for the 2 power so I can attack the final Red boss. But when I lay it down... does the PvP attack happen first, enabling the player to my left to pick-up the last Pox and end the game? Or do I have the option of using the 13 power to first buy the boss, and then the game is over and the person to my left doesn't have to pick up the Pox?

Since there really isn't an "action, buy, cleanup" defined phase... we currently leave it to the players discription of what happens first... in this case a seasoned player would choose to buy first, and end the game before the pvp action hit.... while some of our newer players, or inebriated seasoned players, might make the mistake of declaring the attack action prior to the buy.

Matt_Hyra
01-03-2012, 11:07 PM
While the rulebook is rather dogmatic on the topic of when the game ends, since this is a rather uncommon scenario, I would just say that is was not the intention of the rules to have the game end mid-turn. The Chaos World Smasher does resolve before you make your attack on the Red Boss. But I really don't like the idea of a game ending mid-turn. Imagine some player wanting to buy 2 cards in a turn, but he depletes the 6th stack with his first purchase and is denied the 2nd purchase. Seems bad to me. Let's go ahead and just say: Finish the current turn.

FuriousMILK
12-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Well, not to question Mr.Hyra, why can't they just buy in another order? As a side question, and I may be behind here, but Pax Pox aren't counted toward the 6 stacks, are they? We play them as not simply because we always run into the issue of them all being gone.

sivartalappes
12-26-2012, 08:54 AM
As a side question, and I may be behind here, but Pax Pox aren't counted toward the 6 stacks, are they? We play them as not simply because we always run into the issue of them all being gone.

From the rulebook for Gamers VS Evil, Page 8:

END OF GAME
The game ends immediately when one of the three conditions is met:
-The Level 3 Green Boss is bought
-The Level 3 Red Boss is bought
-Six stacks of cards are depleted from the board. PAX Pox counts as a stack.

FuriousMILK
12-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Well then, my mistake.