PDA

View Full Version : Tips for 5/6 player variant?

thesheriff
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone has altered the rules to allow for 5 or 6 players? If so, what does this version involve? I have some basic ideas myself but would love a few tips from other players.

Matt_Hyra
03-12-2012, 06:12 PM
No one has been so foolhardy to try it... but here are some thoughts:

Still 2 members of Team Zombie, but Team Survivor is now 4 players.
Since Scrounge cards and Allies will be so scarce, I'd say that you need just 3 of the 4 Location cards to win as a Survivor.
And the Department Store should only give 1 Ally even if it's the first you go to. Otherwise you will run out of extras way too quickly.

I've never tried it, so let me know what you end up doing and how it goes... if you dare.

thesheriff
03-13-2012, 06:25 AM
That sounds great, will definitely be trying it. Thanks for the reply!

Another variation I've been thinking of:

6 survivor players start.
Each player gets only 4 scrounge cards, the remaining 16 form the scrounge deck.
Each player gets 2 ally tokens, the remaining 4 form the ally pool.
Department store only gives 1 ally, until they run out.
Each player only needs to make it back to camp with 3 location cards to win.
The first two players to die do not become walkers, they are simply out of the game. Their scrounge cards are shuffled back into the scrounge deck and their location cards are returned to the appropriate locations.
From here, the game carries on like a normal 4 player survivor game, with the next two players to die becoming walkers, except players still only need 3 location cards to win.

Might be tricky but therein lies the fun!

Matt_Hyra
03-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Pretty rough on the first 2 players to die... No one wants to be sitting out that long.