PDA

View Full Version : Judging Realm Champs

-Ash-
03-14-2012, 08:15 AM
I have the opportunity to judge at realm champs, and I am trying to decide if I would rather play or judge. Does anyone know what the judge prize support for realm champs consists of?

BlueRider
03-14-2012, 08:41 PM
If the only reason you would judge is based off of what they'll give you, you should play.

Tommi
03-15-2012, 01:13 AM
It is absolute legitimate to ask about compensation. And it's also ok to judge because of it.

-Ash-
03-15-2012, 06:39 AM
It wouldn't be the only reason. I like judging, but I have been prepping a deck too. Just weighing the pros and cons.

cervidal
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
If you decide to play, let me know. I'm specifically not qualifying because I'm cutting way back on travel this year but enough locals will be attending that I'd come down to judge.

No play/judge conflict here.

Zeenigami
03-15-2012, 02:31 PM
I'd also be interested in hearing what the judge comp is for realm champs. :) Thanks!

Ferrier13
03-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Typically Realm Champs Comp includes top 32 card and participation cards and then whatever product the TO deems their judges should receive.

Shard
03-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Last year the compensation was actually pretty bad... players got foil King Varian and judges got silvermoon city... value difference was quite huge. Of course got some boosters, but boosters are allways random.

-Shard

jinxed8602
03-16-2012, 06:44 AM
I am the TO for Feralas realm champs. The packet SUGGESTS a minimum of 24 boosters of crown for each experienced judge that judges the entire weekend and says there are extra foil Yseras, but doesn't say how many (so if you have more judges than Yseras...). Other than that, there is no other listed comp. It is ultimately up to the specific TO on what player comp will be. You may find that the TO wants to do more comp or less comp or that maybe even the store owner wants to throw in some comp. I would suggest that you ask the TO for your realm champs.

Moryg
03-17-2012, 01:40 AM
To avoid opening a new thread since it's related to the RC - is there a way to import CZE IDs of people into the CZE tracker beforehand to speed up the registration? Or would the only way be going down the "qualified players list" when they're done and entering them manually. Would be nice to have a function like that integrated into the tracker (connect to their database on the internet and import players from certain countries / qualified for a tournament etc).

Patrigan
03-17-2012, 05:45 AM
This is what I will be giving the Wetlands Volunteers:
Ysera the Dreamer Alternate Extended Art Promo Card (1 for each judge)
Wake of Destruction Foil Promo (1 for each judge)
36 Boosters Crown of the Heavens (1 box for each judge)
The precise number of boosters could vary based on the number of players. If we have an unexpected high outcome of players in the public events, this might be lowered. However, I will promise a minimum of 24boosters per judge.

Before any responses come in on: "Wow that's more than most players". Yes it is, but it is a lot less than what the winner would get. A judge does not have ANY chance to become a VIP.

Occularus
03-17-2012, 08:05 PM
I am running the Teladrassil realm champs and that is what I am attempting to give my judges. I need to work it out with the store owner. We will see what he says.

cervidal
03-17-2012, 08:35 PM
I do hope you've a level 2 running it, or have been upgraded beyond your signature.

DanCapt
03-17-2012, 09:26 PM
You don't need to be level 2 to run the event, just to head judge it.

cervidal
03-17-2012, 09:36 PM
You're not supposed to even get the event in your name unless you've your level 2, as I was told

jinxed8602
03-18-2012, 01:40 PM
You're not supposed to even get the event in your name unless you've your level 2, as I was told Being the TO doesn't require level 2. As said before, just HJ. I'm a level 1 and am the TO for the event.

Occularus
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I have a level 2 judged lined up to be the head judge.

Patrigan
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Some regions won't be able to get a level2 for the event, so it's not an actual must.

YogoJunzo
03-27-2012, 10:13 AM
This is what I will be giving the Wetlands Volunteers:
Ysera the Dreamer Alternate Extended Art Promo Card (1 for each judge)
Wake of Destruction Foil Promo (1 for each judge)
36 Boosters Crown of the Heavens (1 box for each judge)
The precise number of boosters could vary based on the number of players. If we have an unexpected high outcome of players in the public events, this might be lowered. However, I will promise a minimum of 24boosters per judge.

Before any responses come in on: "Wow that's more than most players". Yes it is, but it is a lot less than what the winner would get. A judge does not have ANY chance to become a VIP.

I'm running the Tanaris Realm Champs and that is the same prize pool I'm giving pretty much. Some of our judges may want sleeves or other product as well so we give them a credit pool that can be exchanged if they choose. Most go for the boosters but not always.

Chark
03-28-2012, 09:06 PM
To avoid opening a new thread since it's related to the RC - is there a way to import CZE IDs of people into the CZE tracker beforehand to speed up the registration? Or would the only way be going down the "qualified players list" when they're done and entering them manually. Would be nice to have a function like that integrated into the tracker (connect to their database on the internet and import players from certain countries / qualified for a tournament etc).

There is, although it's a little complicated, and it will result in you having about a 1000 or so extra players in your Tracker. Some people don't like that, as it makes finding any one person in that list difficult.

1. You'll need the qualified list from your TO. (we'll email those to TOs about a week before the event).

2. There is a feature in tracker called import enrolled players. It looks for a specifically formatted CSV file. To get the formatting, open any tournament (that has enrolled players) in tracker and use the export enrolled players feature. Save the .csv file it generates and open it with something (excel, notepad, etc.) just to see what format you'll need to make the qualified players list.

3. Once you have a properly formatted qualified players list, create a new tournament in tracker (call it test tournament or something like that). Then use import enrolled players. Point tracker to the qualified players list and give it a minute or so to enroll the 1000 or so qualified players. Close the test tournament. You now have the 1000 or so qualified players in your tracker.

I still recommend that whoever is doing reg just have the Qed player file open and copy/pasting IDs/names into tracker. It shouldn't be too bad for about 40-60 people.

martinezjkind
06-24-2012, 05:47 PM
For large events I do not care about what I get for comp, I am in it for the game and the stores.I want the stores to want to run more events and get more business due to this game , making them want to support more crypto games.One of our local judges for another game will if needed dip into her own compensation to make the prize pool go down to the top 50%