PDA

View Full Version : 5-6 players?

Riotproof
04-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Hi folks! Im back from PAX East where I picked up a copy of Penny Arcade Rumble in R'lyeh, which I love! The Gold Cards have added a lot more to the game and are great addition! However the problem is my whole gaming group loves it too! This is both a blessing and a curse as it gets to the table a lot but the max players is only 4. Is there a way i can get this up to 5 or 6 players and still be a balanced game? I have both Rumble in R'lyeh and G vs. E. I'll definitely have enough tubes and quarters but what about the piles? They will probably start to deplete quick. Should i add more piles? And maybe double the amount needed to be depleted before ending the game? I'd love to be able to have all six of us play without having to break it down into 2 groups of three. Thanks! And keep up the good work! :cool:

Matt_Hyra
04-17-2012, 09:29 AM
4 player max was mainly put there to make sure there is as little waiting around as possible. But for a dedicated group, 5-6 is fine. Doubling the number of depleted piles needed to end the game sounds like the perfect solution. Let us know how it goes!

Riotproof
04-17-2012, 07:41 PM
I've got my group coming over this Sunday so maybe we will give it a try. Im thinking maybe adding additional piles to purchase from as well? Im not going to add another Boss because I think with the addition of the Gold Boss that 3 should be plenty. Either way we will tweak it as a group and let you know what we come up with. :D

Matt_Hyra
04-17-2012, 07:55 PM
"One extra pile per extra player" is easy to remember, so it might be a good starting point. Remember that each player will get less turns and attacked more often, so games will go a bit longer.
Yeah, with Gold Boss being #3, that should be plenty of Bosses.

sivartalappes
04-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I just hope the guy from my group that pre-ordered his gets it soon! lol I'm dying to see what new stuff in in this game (of the couple cards I've seen online, I think Bromance is the new Touch Weiners! lol

Riotproof
04-18-2012, 06:58 PM
You're going to love it. The gold cards really add a nice new strategy to it and the humor is, of course, spot on. :)