PDA

View Full Version : Nectar of Nirvana

docleo83
04-18-2012, 08:58 PM
How do people handle this card? Dead wizard cards in general? Do people draw a new dead wizard card every turn after their death? If nectar of nirvana is drawn, is that player out of the game for good? For the next game? Or is it just a bonus-less dead wizard card?

TheoConfidor
04-18-2012, 09:12 PM
It's just a bonus-less dead wizard card.

Stupnick
04-18-2012, 09:14 PM
actually, from what i can tell you apply the benefits of the card at the start of the next round....

so you actually are dead the following round as well..

0dnan
04-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Well, there is no clarified rule for this in the guidebook. What I gather is that it depends on predetermined rules that you and the players construct. The only question I have for it is when Midnight Merlin's is played and Nectar of Nirvana is picked up as a result of Midnight Merlin's: is the effect of Nectar of Nirvana instant or held off until the next round?

Stupnick
04-18-2012, 10:00 PM
the rules specifically state

http://www.cryptozoic.com/downloads/files/epic_spell_wars_rulebook.pdf

"after everyone has cleared their cards, wizards with dead wizard cards should gather those bonuses, then discard those cards"

i take that to mean that they have no effect until they are applied at that point.

Zeenigami
04-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Yes, dead wizard cards have no effect until the start of the next round. I'm not exactly sure what Nectur of Nirvana is, but there are no cards that say that you're dead permanently.

Stupnick
04-18-2012, 11:00 PM
not dead permanently, but when you reveal it, it states you are dead for that following round too.. IMO

Zeenigami
04-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Mind reminding me what Nectar of Nirvana says?

Stupnick
04-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Iirc. Your dead, deal with it.

Matt_Hyra
04-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Nectar of Nirvana is just a blank. You are currently dead when it is drawn, so it is just reminding/taunting you. It is not applied at the start of the next round. Notice that there is no mention of the start of the next round as there are on many of them