PDA

View Full Version : Vassal

Nodal
04-20-2012, 01:19 AM
I've created a VASSAL module for Gamers vs. Evil. Are there any spoilers you'd like me to blank on the cards before I post it, to make it harder to play for people without a copy?

sivartalappes
04-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Dude, get it online ASAP! lol I have been planning to make one myself, but I couldn't find JPEGs of all the cards, I don't own the game yet myself, the friend I have that DOES own it didn't want to scan that many cards for me, and the moderators on here told me there's no visual spoiler anywhere (again because of the huge number of cards).

In other words, Kudos to you to getting done what I was unable to accomplish (assuming you're using the ACTUAL cards in the module and not just crappy text/msPaint art like the Quarriors module).

I want to play Penny Arcade on Vassal. Upload it sooooooooooooooooooon! lol (I'm leaving for work in a couple minutes, I expect to play this when I get home this evening! lol)

Nodal
04-20-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm not uploading anything without Crypto approval, sorry :\

sivartalappes
04-20-2012, 11:07 AM
have you sent them a message directly yet, or only this thread? I'd suggest sending them a private message to ask permission.

sivartalappes
04-21-2012, 12:47 PM
well? any word?

Nodal
04-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Nope! Nothing.

sivartalappes
04-21-2012, 06:00 PM
well blah. :(

sivartalappes
04-22-2012, 07:36 PM
ok, what gives?! Right now, this very second, on Vassal under the "server Status" setting, I see "Penny Arcade: Gamers VS Evil" with one person logged in to play... (Austin Sumigray)... but on vassalengine.org I can't find it listed anywhere to download....

sivartalappes
04-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Now there are THREE people logged into the Penny Arcade module, but I STILL don't see it for download anywhere! Is this your module, Nodal? I desperately want to play it!

NichM
04-23-2012, 09:24 PM
It is his module. He's distributed it only to three close friends, all of whom bought the game at PAX and live far apart from each other, so we can continue to play. Since there has been no word from Cryptozoic, I wouldn't count on him releasing it in public.

Widdershins
04-23-2012, 09:27 PM
To echo Nich's comments, once again, we're all acquaintances of Nodal's, are helping him playtest his module, and have all actually purchased the game legitimately.

If you're going to be impatient for someone to provide you a free version of a game you can't be arsed to buy, you can at the very least not demand they magically receive updates from Cryptozoic on the weekend, harass them on vassal directly, and post their names in a public forum. You're not really endearing yourself to anyone here.

sivartalappes
04-23-2012, 10:09 PM
woah! Hostility levels, man.

1) It's not that I "can't be arsed to buy"... I literalyl CAN'T buy it (Can't afford it or I would).
2) I was not harrassing anyone, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
3) I wasn't posting anyone's name publically, I posted the vassal username. most people on vassal modules don't use their actual names, so there's no reason to believe this was anyone's actual full name (I'm the guy that made the Ascension: Return of the Fallen module and the Ascension: Storm of Souls module, so I'm on there often).

Widdershins
04-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Handles or names, it's bad form all the same.

The fact remains that you are not owed any special privilege, and neither posting incessantly on a forum nor directly messaging players in vassal is going to get you what you're looking for. IF the module is released publicly, it will be done with whatever provisions Cryptozoic deems necessary. At any rate, if it sees the light of day at all, you'll have better luck monitoring the vassal module list than the boards.

Consider starting a piggy bank, perhaps.

sivartalappes
04-23-2012, 10:32 PM
it's a little hard to save money when a) I was unemployed for over a month and just recently started working again and b) the amount of money I make at my new job is LESS than the amount I pay a month in bills (I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make this work).

pdillon
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Cryptozoic Entertainment cannot authorize the development, sale or distribution (online or otherwise) of a Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers Vs. Evil vassal module using the vassal open source engine. Doing so would be an unauthorized use of the Penny Arcade license. Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers Vs. Evil is developed under an official license from Penny Arcade.

I would note that though Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers Vs. Evil is currently in development on the iOS and will be available later this year.