PDA

View Full Version : Partial Sponsorship Preference

AdmiralPendragon
04-22-2012, 06:27 PM
I know the application indicates if you do not require sponsorship you are more likely to be selected. Is there a similar preference on CZE's part within partial sponsorships? In other words, from within the sponsorships, are you more likely to get selected if you need only hotel or only flight?

Viteh
04-22-2012, 07:57 PM
I'd guess you are more likely to be chosen if you only need hotel, it's probably cheaper. I guess it depends where you are flying from.

Tonier
04-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Don't volunteers share rooms? If so, then the hotel will probably be easier for CZE.

AdmiralPendragon
04-22-2012, 09:01 PM
They do, but I was adding up the cost of even the room block rate for 3 nights. Factoring an additional two nights and then dividing by 2 make it just about the same as a flight from Houston, if not more, which is why I asked. I certainly don't have all the information, its entirely possible they have a certain number of hotel rooms already booked or they have them at an even lower rate, or something.

Viteh
04-22-2012, 09:04 PM
They do, but I was adding up the cost of even the room block rate for 3 nights. Factoring an additional two nights and then dividing by 2 make it just about the same as a flight from Houston, if not more, which is why I asked. I certainly don't have all the information, its entirely possible they have a certain number of hotel rooms already booked or they have them at an even lower rate, or something.

Yeah, it's probably easier to get your a room than to book you a flight. It's also less coordination, so it takes less time for them.