PDA

View Full Version : Game Face clarification

GeekyRyan
04-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Game Face says you get +4 token/power if you played 3 other green/red cards this turn. Do Boss Loot cards that stay in play count? Like Grandma's Man Candy.

Thanks

Matt_Hyra
04-26-2012, 03:36 PM
No, those cards are only played when you first put them into play. On subsequent turns, they are already in play and no longer "played."

GeekyRyan
04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks. That is how I played them but wanted to be clear.

Clavaat
04-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Another clarification please:

Seeing as the text on Gold cards states "Gold cards count as BOTH red and green cards," does this mean, that if I were to play 4 Gold cards, then Game Face, would I receive +4P AND +4T? Or just one or the other? Because...that's really strong if true...

Matt_Hyra
04-28-2012, 01:50 AM
You would get +4P and +4T. Yes, really strong, but it is fairly difficult to collect 4 Gold cards, then manage to draw them all in the same hand. By the time you get such a great hand, the game is probably close to over, so you might draw into it once or twice.

Skinner
05-06-2012, 09:06 AM
In 6-pile, 4 player games we've had people go off with hands full of Diabolus/Mage Fish, Gabe's Mouth, and Game Face a number of times. It's pretty ridic. I actually almost was able to buy 2x level 1 Gold Boss loots in a single turn because of it.

sivartalappes
05-07-2012, 07:03 AM
but it is fairly difficult to collect 4 Gold cards, then manage to draw them all in the same hand.

In a game yesturday, one of my opponents had like 5 Diabolus and managed to draw his entire deck a few times because of it (he also had a Twisp.... so he won the game pretty efficiently)

Clavaat
07-06-2012, 08:48 AM
My group is almost to the point of banning Game Face after playing with it a few months. My scenario of playing multiple gold cards has happened many times, especially since you build a deck towards Game Face if it is out. Also, having it be 3 red and 3 green makes it very easy to proc the effect with a standard hand, it should be 4. So far our only true ban is Bat Milk, but Scout Master is close as well.

Matt_Hyra
07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Game Face can be great if you have a lot of Gold cards in your deck. But it does cost 5/5, so you should get something for all those resources. Werewolf in a Top Hat gives you 3 & 3 for just 6 Tokens... and it never fails to deliver. However, the 3 VPs on Game Face might make up for that.

Not every Hero can easily get a 3 and 3 hand. The Heroes that are weighted to Tokens or Tubes are more focused, so a card like Game Face slightly helps the Heroes who start at 6 Tokens and 6 Tubes more than it helps a player who starts out 8 & 4.

In an older thread, I posted an errata for Bat Milk: Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's Green, draw it. Otherwise, you may delete it or leave it on top.

Clavaat
07-06-2012, 01:26 PM
For starters, let me make it clear I'm not trying to complain. When I say "my group" I mean we play A LOT, so it isn't that we don't love the game, just some very specific cards that we have a problem using. Hell, we probably wouldn't even be analyzing it this much unless we truly enjoyed this game above all other DBG's!

The thing about Tokens and Tubes are that they should be gone pretty fast through deletion (get rid of pennies in order to have a better chance of drawing dimes). Though yes, the example you gave is specifically for Tranquil Tycho which is a whole different strategy in and of itself. I actually like him a lot because it forces one player into an entirely different point than another, as they are able to Turn 1 a Green Boss (it's happened), or get one regularly if they are able to delete all 4 tubes. Oh...this is kind of off-topic. Either way, the point stands that Game Face is very, very strong, and most times the cost does not even come close to out-weighing the benefit.

Also, yes, we have seen the Bat Milk "fix", however we felt that the card is too extreme in either direction: If reveal 2 cards, the card is bought out as quickly as possible, but if reveal 1 card, it is almost too useless to bother purchasing and would be better off buying a Merch or something. The idea for this card was creative and interesting, however I just don't think it worked out and is better not being used at all.