PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of some cards

Pollonius
04-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi,

As I'm getting to know this game, I do have a few questions about a few cards. The rest is pretty self-explanatory but what about:

Flap-Jack the Ripper: If I get it correctly then every player is putting his next troop into the discard pile. The one who played this card will get +1 for every player meaning if I would play with someone else, my yumminess goes up +1. If I would be playing with 4 players, then I'll get +3, etc..
This card can't be played at card number 5 (as there are no more cards to put in the discard pile), correct?
Playing this card at card number 4 = you'll win automatically round number 5 as you are the only one with a card left, correct?

The cards that say: Discard any number of [lunch/breakfast] troops. Each one gives [name of card] +5/+4 or +10/+8 if it's a [name of card]. Use only once per serving.
You mean by this, discarding any troops you have in your hand ? or troops that already have been played before? or both ?
If you have 2 of those, can you discard first 1 & then another 1/2/3/.. with the other card?

Thanks for the answers.

So far I've only been playing with 2 players but I'm looking forward to introduce this to my friends :)

Cheers!
/P

g3p3nk
04-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Flap-Jack the Ripper: If I get it correctly then every player is putting his next troop into the discard pile. The one who played this card will get +1 for every player meaning if I would play with someone else, my yumminess goes up +1. If I would be playing with 4 players, then I'll get +3, etc..
ripper will put every player's troop into the discard pile, INCLUDING yours.
and you are right that it adds 1 yumminess for every discarded troops.
you are also correct on ripper doesn't give you anything if you play it on the 5th round (or the 7th round if buckaroo was used).

This card can't be played at card number 5 (as there are no more cards to put in the discard pile), correct?
well, you can play it on the 5th card, you just don't get anything out of it.
unless of course, buckaroo was used making it a 7 cards battle, then you MIGHT make something out of the ripper =p

Playing this card at card number 4 = you'll win automatically round number 5 as you are the only one with a card left, correct?
no, there will be no 5th card battle.
as mentioned earlier, you will have to discard your own troop too.
in short, you are making a 5 cards battle into 4 cards battle.

also, one thing to clear up..
normally, if you use ripper on 4 player game, you will get +4 yumminess provided EVERYBODY has at least a troop left.
if, say, one of the players only put 3 troops, and you use ripper on 3rd card battle, you will get only +3 yumminess (from your own troop + 2 other players).
in short, you are NOT guaranteed to get +<numberOfPlayer> yumminess.

oh, and i think this is quite obvious, but you also do not kill a player's troop that does not participate in your battlefield.
for example, if you are playing on breakfast and using the ripper, you do not kill other player's troop that is in lunch/dinner battlefield.

The cards that say: Discard any number of [lunch/breakfast] troops. Each one gives [name of card] +5/+4 or +10/+8 if it's a [name of card]. Use only once per serving.
You mean by this, discarding any troops you have in your hand ? or troops that already have been played before? or both ?
If you have 2 of those, can you discard first 1 & then another 1/2/3/.. with the other card?
you can discard however many troops IN YOUR HAND.
let's use buritto as an example.
when you flip a buritto, you may then discard any number of breakfast troops (that are still in your hand) for additional yumminess.
if you had put them them during plating, or they were out in the table already, you can NOT discard them that way anymore.

the "Use only once per serving" means you can only use that discarding ability once per serving.
so, getting back to our example earlier..
you flipped a buritto, you decided to only discard 2 breakfast troops.
now your opponent reacts by adding instants and now you're losing.
you may NOT discard any more breakfast cards even if you have more left in hand, because you have used the ability on that serving!
so, it is generally better to discard all of your breakfast cards when you only have 1 buritto during plating. however, do be careful with this, as your opponent might have buckaroo at hand, and that may put you in a pinch if you have discarded all your troops.

Matt_Hyra
04-30-2012, 03:45 PM
g3p3nk is super right on all accounts, despite his lack of capital letters.

Pollonius
05-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the info !