PDA

View Full Version : End of Game?

boba_fouts
05-29-2012, 03:53 PM
In the GvE set, the game ends when 6 stacks are gone; in the RiR expansion, it ends when 4 stacks are gone. Since RiR in more recent, does 4 stacks trump the 6 stack rule?

Matt_Hyra
05-29-2012, 06:26 PM
No, the 6-stack rule still applies for GvE. It was cut down to 4 only for RiR, as the Gold Row reduces the total number of cards bought per game. Often in GvE, players will buy both Red and Green. In RiR, they tend to buy just 1 Gold instead.

When you play with Gold cards (mixed sets or RiR only), just have the players decide if they want a normal game (4) or longer game (6).

sivartalappes
05-30-2012, 07:05 AM
I was actually going to ask about this just now when I saw this very recent thread. We (the game group I play in) were wondering why the 6 went to 4. We played RiR by itself last night and we all thought it was odd that the game ends at 4 piles now. It worked out because with 4 piles we finished JUST as the FLGS was closing, but it still felt odd to have only 4 piles removed. Especially since in many cases we were buying green cards and red cards even when we could have bought gold cards instead (almost everyone seemed to go for a Merch and a Fleshreaper instead of a Sad Zombie)

Matt_Hyra
05-30-2012, 10:16 AM
During early testing, we always went to 6 stacks. But the games felt long. When we went to 4 stacks, they ended in the same amount of time as GvEvil games went. If you prefer longer games, please feel free to play to 6 stacks gone. That's why we mentioned it in the rulebook. The 4-stack rule in RiR was just to preserve the same playing time as before.

boba_fouts
06-01-2012, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Matt_Hyra;169973]No, the 6-stack rule still applies for GvE. It was cut down to 4 only for RiR, as the Gold Row reduces the total number of cards bought per game. QUOTE]

We've been playing this way the whole time. It was until recently when I thought that the 4-stack rule might have supersceded the 6-stack rule, since the RiR rulebook was released more recently.

Clavaat
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
This feels like an appropriate thread to ask this:

The rules state that the Pax Pox pile counts as one of the 4 (or 6) piles that can be depleted towards the end of the game. Say Head Crabs is played and the pile is now 0 with 3 (or 5) other stacks gone. The card states that you only GAIN the card after it falls off your head, otherwise it goes back to the pile. Does the game end right when the pile is depleted, or does it continue until the Pax Pox either fall or are put back and play resumes? This has happened many times, especially in games with a lot of PVPA Cards. Thank you.

Matt_Hyra
07-07-2012, 02:21 AM
The PAX Pox stack should not be considered depleted while there are potential Poxes that could come back to the stack by way of Head Crabs.
You indeed have been playing a lot to see so many weird situations...

Clavaat
07-07-2012, 08:07 AM
I don't know if I should be proud of that or not XD. Either way, thanks for the clarification, that sounded right, but there was debate.