PDA

View Full Version : Solitaire?

sivartalappes
05-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Anyone come up with a Solitaire variant? I play solitaire Ascension when I'm unable to find anyone to play Ascension with (like in the middle of a work day when I'm stuck on home on call). I'll have my copy of Penny Arcade: Gamers VS Evil this weekend and am wondering if there's any way to play it alone when there's nobody around to play with...

Matt_Hyra
05-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Haven't tried it, buy one way I can think of would be to challenge yourself versus X number of rounds:

You have 16 turns to buy all of the 8-cost Loot of one of the colors. If you succeed in doing that, you now have 8 turns to buy all of the 10-cost Loot of that color. Finally, you have an additional 4 turns to buy the 13-cost Boss. If you fail to hit a deadline, you restart.

If you want to make it a little more difficult for yourself, grab one of each card with cost 2-6 and shuffle them together. At the start of each round, reveal and discard one of the cards. If the card is a PvP Attack card, you get attacked. In addition, all stacks that share a color with that card cost 1 more to buy. This method also helps you keep track of what turn you are on (discard them into groups of 5).

Let us know how it goes.

sivartalappes
05-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Well, what I just tried was this:

16 turns to try and gain ALL the boss loots (all of a green boss AND all of a red boss). Once I went to a new level for either boss, the "clock" would turn back 1 turn as a bonus (giving no more than 20 turns total).

I just did it with 2 turns remaining. It was pretty fun. Though, I think my random setup and character happened to be perfect for it this time around (my character was Catsby and in the green cards were batmilk, werewolf in a tophat, AND pickle recognition machine... so I got green bosses pretty fast and then was able to Twisp them). Curious to see how well it will work with other setups.