PDA

View Full Version : Maxing the game out with 8 players

Brainskull
05-31-2012, 10:37 PM
OK, with my group of friends we can get up to 8 players in a single game. I want to figure out how to have a well balanced game with that amount of people playing. I own both sets, so the quarters and tubes are covered, but how many cards should we randomize, how many cards to win and should we have more then one green and red boss? I did a mock trail run where i mixed the randomize deck(both decks are put together for this) and pulled 20. It was really heavy on the green, 14 greens to 6 reds. I dialed it back to 17 to make room for the 3 gold cards and got a good mix, 9 reds and 6 greens. As for how many decks needed to be bought up for ending the game I thought of 10, following the example spoke of on the other thread 5-6 players, which is add 1 more deck to the original amount needed for every player over 4 players(6+4=10). To have more then one set of red and green bosses I am at a total loss there, with out having tried it or having to chance too any time soon I won't know. I figure with the gold boss there to end the game you must have a gold boss loot before you can purchase the last green or red boss. The final version I have right now is 17 random 3 gold, 10 to win, and 1 red, green and gold boss. Any type of suggestions on improving this will be much appreciated and again this has not been tested nor will it any time soon, trying to get a formula down before we all get together.

sivartalappes
06-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Looks better than what we did. lol My group, a few weeks ago, tried a 7-player game... it did not go so well. We used just the normal setup, but with only needing 4 stacks to be bought in RiR, the game ended very fast. I think the winner of the game had 12 victory points! lol

Brainskull
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Well if you get your buddies together for another round, try my way and see how it goes. If you can reply back on the results.