PDA

View Full Version : This game is great for my marriage!

claxattack
06-16-2012, 09:58 AM
My wife has never been of fan of me playing card games, but she bought me both penny arcade games for Xmas and i think she likes them more then me. Does anyone have a good set up for 2 people thats not to quick/powerful. we are just using random set ups currently. Also does anyone know if u can still find the FF boss promo? i found one on ebay that was very expensive.

RJPelonia
06-17-2012, 02:02 AM
Fantastic to hear! A wife who loves this card game; You're a lucky man. ;)

One on one duels are a blast, but there definitely are some cards that have a bigger party in mind. So I quickly cooked up this preset just now (meaning I haven't tested it in any way) with hopes it meets your criteria for a "not too quick/powerful" game.

Attack of the Clax
"A preset meant for a one on one match. Note: It is not required for your opponent to be your significant other. Or perhaps they will be your soon-to-be significant other. ;)"
Green Cards:
Magical Unicorn
Giraffe Problems
Merch
Sinistine, Bow of the Black Maiden
The Salmon, Salivo, and Hindsight
Sorcelator
Kittens
Red Cards:
Giant Cupcake
Globfather
Golf Cyborg
Fleshreaper
Giant Snake
Witchalok
Evil Gumbo

As for the FF Prime Boss cards, sadly I cannot help you there though I am in the same boat as you are in looking for a set. So hey, I second the call-out for any information regarding any and all promo cards.

ButteryLLAMA
06-17-2012, 11:36 AM
There really isn't a way to obtain copies of those without a third party seller, so ebay and what not. If you use sleeves for your game, you could always proxie the promo cards.

sivartalappes
06-18-2012, 08:28 AM
I taught Penny Arcade to my girlfriend a couple weeks ago. Now she always wants to play and she DESTROYS ME at it almost every game... which sucks because nobody in my gaming group can even do that!

ButteryLLAMA
06-18-2012, 11:22 AM
I taught Penny Arcade to my girlfriend a couple weeks ago. Now she always wants to play and she DESTROYS ME at it almost every game... which sucks because nobody in my gaming group can even do that!

Dude! Mine too! I've won exactly one game out of like 10 that she and I have played just the two of us. I don't get it! It's like boobs give you +10 to dice rolls or something.