PDA

View Full Version : New Online Judge Review Form

Aurien
06-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Hello all,

I stole this from Jen but here is the online version of the judge review form. This is MEANT but be used after major events to critique fellow judges and staff on their performance over the weekend. This is NOT meant to be filled out randomly to critique local judges. If you have any questions, please post them here.

Judge Review Form (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHFCZmtxdGwzaVR1Q041Z1BJZ0NWYWc6M Q#gid=0)

ComicBkJim
06-17-2012, 11:50 AM
So why shouldn't local judges be reviewed?

Aurien
06-18-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't think it's a matter of whether or not they should or should not be reviewed. It's just not the particular pupose of this form. I know that CZE is working on the judge program to allow this type of feedback for judges at all levels but it's just not there yet.

demonfae
06-19-2012, 09:30 AM
If you'd like to use this form to review a local judge, go ahead, but please, p make sure you note that where you can find space. Because every review gets routed to one spreadsheet at the moment, it's difficult to sort through everything. Eventually there will be a solution that makes this easier on both ends.

Skyhaven_Games
06-19-2012, 11:57 AM
As a suggestion; could you possibly put name tags on judges? I mean, I know some I'd love to say: "Hey, this guy did a great job!" but since I don't know their name... :(

Aaric
06-20-2012, 12:52 AM
As a suggestion; could you possibly put name tags on judges? I mean, I know some I'd love to say: "Hey, this guy did a great job!" but since I don't know their name... :(
Ask them.

yohji
06-22-2012, 03:46 AM
hi it's alex from HK.
i am going to judge apcc soon. (probably HJ, or if that's not me, it will be my friends)

For training, we usually have our judges rotate from different position.
So, how should i feel these forms for them. if they have difference roles. u know, APCC takes 3 days.

thx

demonfae
06-22-2012, 07:09 AM
hi it's alex from HK.
i am going to judge apcc soon. (probably HJ, or if that's not me, it will be my friends)

For training, we usually have our judges rotate from different position.
So, how should i feel these forms for them. if they have difference roles. u know, APCC takes 3 days.

thx

Selecting any of the roles they performed that weekend is fine. If your review is based on a certain day of the event, please use their role from that day if possible.

yohji
06-23-2012, 08:19 PM
noted with thx

just want to make sure that the info would be confidencial right?

Ranolen
06-24-2012, 08:34 PM
When someone does a write up on us will we be told the feedback so we can improve? I haven't heard any feedback from NACC. That was one of the best things about the in person feedback.

Porkchop
06-24-2012, 10:26 PM
as an fyi, after u fill out a report, u can totally see some responses. u cant tell from who, but u can see who filled out a report and who a report was filled out about.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewanalytics?formkey=dHFCZmtxdGwzaVR1Q041Z1BJZ0NW YWc6MQ

rickie_g
06-26-2012, 01:10 PM
dose the judge that the forms about get any feedback sent to them at all because id like to use it to find out about where i am and what i need to work on

Aaric
06-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Like a couple others have said, it would be nice to be able to see our own reviews.

Porkchop
06-28-2012, 01:45 AM
Like a couple others have said, it would be nice to be able to see our own reviews.

the thing about that is, some reviews (IE: the one i wrote) were written knowing that only christina would see them since they were largely negative

lizii
06-28-2012, 04:04 AM
I would assume any reviews the judge ends up seeing will be completely anonymous.

Porkchop
06-28-2012, 04:44 AM
I would assume any reviews the judge ends up seeing will be completely anonymous.

well lets just say, that it would be pretty obvious to this person that i wrote the review

demonfae
06-28-2012, 07:45 AM
The point of reviews is to provide feedback to the judges and staff you've worked with. If you have something that's entirely negative to say, a review might not be the best place for it. The very top of the review form mentions this:

Assume that any feedback you provide will be seen by the judge you're reviewing.

Reviews should be a tool for improvement: if you think there's something a staff member can do to improve their performance, that doesn't have to be negative. The word I like to use is "constructive".

At some time in the future, reviews will be viewable by the person they were written for. At this time, that functionality does not yet exist.

ComicBkJim
06-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Removed because Demonfae said it much better than me. I hadn't completed the thread before posting.

Jim

Porkchop
06-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Jen, sorry, negative was the incorrect word, with "Constructive" being a better term, but

Assume that any feedback you provide will be seen by the judge you're reviewing.

directly contradicts what was said to us at the staff dinner which was that Christina, and only Christina would be reading the reviews.

ZerinaX
07-02-2012, 03:58 PM
You can communicate with me directly through wowtcg.com/contact if you wish to discuss this in private.

Porkchop
08-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Can we get this stickied?

Shirik
11-10-2012, 08:17 AM
I just noticed that there is no "XO" role available on the form. Could we get that fixed? (For now I'm just going to use 'team lead' and write in some comments.)

No Nathaniel of course I'm not writing up a review on you. Why would you think that? :)