PDA

View Full Version : Cryptozoic League judging info

Tenebrae
06-22-2012, 01:19 PM
i wonder if i can play EMO deck on cryptozoic league with this decklist http://www.wowtcg.cz/zobrazeni_baliku.php?kod=4653351211

main part of that deck is that i will kill myself before enemy kills me

BlueRider
06-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Looks like a legal Pinprik deck. League is kind of whatever you want to play, so you can certainly use a Classic deck if your opponent is fine with it.

Though I don't really get the point of a Pinprik deck with so much stuff that damages your own hero.

Tenebrae
06-22-2012, 01:56 PM
main point is that i can play a lot of league matches so after each match i get random price ... so more matches -> more prices i get

BlueRider
06-22-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not overly familiar with League play, but aren't you supposed to play a different opponent each time? It seems like the upper limit would be the number of people you can find to play, not the number of matches you can get through in the day.

Tenebrae
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Thats a good note BlueRider i hope somebody else will help me find answer in this question :)

Sanik
06-22-2012, 03:49 PM
While there's no hard and fast rules about what decks you can play in League (the point is to play and have fun), deliberately building a deck just to mill through League prizes as quickly as possible is clearly against the spirit of League play. We strongly discourage players from this kind of behavior and have even occasionally enforced a prize cooldown for players caught doing this.

Tenebrae
06-22-2012, 11:12 PM
While there's no hard and fast rules about what decks you can play in League (the point is to play and have fun), deliberately building a deck just to mill through League prizes as quickly as possible is clearly against the spirit of League play. We strongly discourage players from this kind of behavior and have even occasionally enforced a prize cooldown for players caught doing this.

thx a lot Sanik :)

Saguaro
06-23-2012, 06:36 AM
I got another question about the League, would you be able to make it into a full day event or is it more like you participate in a DMF and you can play in the League while you wait?

Skinner
06-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Some players attend DMFs and higher and only participate in League games; most others sign up for whatever the main event is, and then play League games between rounds or after they are done with the main event for the day. It's completely casual/free-form as far as how much or how little you want to play in League.

greensaber25
07-09-2012, 06:42 PM
League was created to give players something to do in between rounds and/or tournaments and to promote players getting to play with new people. It is casual play, and when I'm running it, i tell people that you and your opponent decide on the format. I would play decks that are intended to have fun rather than turn 3 or 4 kills just to get it over with.

The whole idea of League is to have fun...sit down, play a friendly game and have a good time. The League Sleeves are just something to give out. I have been to many events and the people who seem to have the best time with league are the ones who are just hanging around, playing fun games and meeting new players. I have met many people just by running League and constantly see people getting a game in here and there, meeting new people and having fun with the whole process.

League is usually one of the first things open in the morning, and is a good way to bring the community together.

TLDR Version: Bring a fun deck, play whenever you can, meet new people and have fun.

JesusChristMD
07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
TLDR Version: Bring a fun deck, play whenever you can, meet new people and have fun.

This. James runs a tight league ship!

WarcraftinJapan
07-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Kentro Slade into Deathwing is for league!!!

Pulled it off a few times at NACC.
(when I wasn't working).

Key is fun and socializing!

Skinner
07-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Kentro Slade into Deathwing is for league!!!

Pulled it off a few times at NACC.
Once against my teammate Sat night! ;)

I think he was possibly more excited to be on receiving end of someone pulling off a Kentro MH than you were playing it!

WarcraftinJapan
07-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah baby...
I Rock!

It was funny watching faces as the realization of a Kentro about go off hit them.