PDA

View Full Version : Question

DakkonHax
06-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Ok I took the test to be a judge
I am not one but volunteered to judge at the tourney at my local game store to help out
A player said I made a bad call
he is the only one questioning. I want an answer to if I made a good call or not.
two instances happened
first one occurred: player 1 attempts to put signed in blood on the chain targeting player two's signed in blood
player two then puts his singed in blood on the chain targeting legend of lore. I think the quest that heals 3.
Player 1 cannot complete legend of lore not enough resources
the chain resolves
player twos resolves first legend of lore is flipped over
player 1s attempts to resolve and fails because of it being an illegal target.
Second case player 1 attempts to target seeds of their demise of player twos with signed in blood
player two completes the quest to make his go off first making player ones signed in blood have an illegal target.
Those were the calls I made helping my local game store he emailed cryptozoic and they said I was wrong what do you guys think

RRzero
06-28-2012, 05:29 PM
I say take a deep breath. Now try re-asking the question and explaining the situation. I only vaguely followed what I think you meant and I'd like to actually understand what it is you are talking about.

DakkonHax
06-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Might be easier to read now if you have a question let me know

Shirik
06-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Firstly, rules questions should go in the rules forum.

First case:
Secondly it is not an illegal target if the resource is face down. The target qualifier is "target resource". The fact that it turned face down between when Signed in Blood was completed and when it resolved is irrelevant, except for the fact that it won't accomplish much. But it does get to resolve. Regardless, whether or not it successfully resolved would not make a difference in the game - you flip your quest face down when you complete it, not when its reward resolves off the chain, so it wouldn't really make a difference. I'm not sure I understand what the "call" was here.

Second case: Same thing.

Both of your cases end with "become an illegal target". They are not illegal targets because the only target qualifier is "target resource". A resource can be both face up and face down, and flipping it face down does not cause it to become a different card, so the target is illegal. But even if it did become an illegal target, this would have no effect on the game. Signed in Blood only attempts to turn the card face down. You already paid for Signed in Blood, so Signed in Blood itself is face down. There is no difference.

Does this answer your question?

DakkonHax
06-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Ok so it doesn't make it an illegal target when the quest is a face down resource now? Even though it says turn target resource face down I understand that either way it doesn't nothing. It would mean that he could complete it and his would be face down right? And those were my calls original questions were first case why won't my signed in blood stop his signed in blood? My answer because his signed in blood was already completed and will not be able to affect it.
Second problem I want to use singed in blood to turn my opponents resource over opponent well in response I will complete the n you targeted my call thats fine player 1 well how can he do that ? My call you tried targeting his putting your quest on the chain he responded by putting his on the chain signed in blood doesn't interrupt it's a premetive thing not a counter

And sorry I posted her because I am being called on my judging ability even to the point that I am being accused of not knowing anything about being a judge I am new at this and like I said I volunteered and the card shop owner said it was ok I was helping her

Also he said I threatened him and I have witness against this nothing was ever said anywhere close to that so kinda want to get to were I know I was either right or wrong and can move on from there

Tsvet
06-29-2012, 05:14 AM
For reference:

http://www.tcgbrowser.com/images/cards/medium/signed_in_blood.jpg

Ok so it doesn't make it an illegal target when the quest is a face down resource now?

Dakkon, pay attention to the wording. It says "turn target resource face down".
What is its target? "Target resource".
It doesn't specify "target quest", "target location" or "target face up resource", just this: "target resource".

Every card you have on your resource row is a resource, so everything is valid as Signed in Blood target.
If a Signed in Blood targets a face-down resource (being it for controller's choice or, as in your case, the other player paying its cost as response) it will resolve normally, but doing nothing since it's already face down.

My answer because his signed in blood was already completed and will not be able to affect it.

Almost right. It will be able to affect it, but at the time it will be face down already.
But yes, the first Signed in Blood will not be able to stop the second one.

Second problem I want to use singed in blood to turn my opponents resource over opponent well in response I will complete the n you targeted my call thats fine player 1 well how can he do that ? My call you tried targeting his putting your quest on the chain he responded by putting his on the chain signed in blood doesn't interrupt it's a premetive thing not a counter

Yup, that's right. If you start the chain with your Signed in Blood, I can answer it by playing anything instant, activating an Ally or completing a quest (that doesn't has "On your turn" printed). Player 2 was right in completing his quest, you was right in calling it right. And I'm sure that Player 1 was sad, because he didn't accomplished what he wanted (cancel a quest) and lost his signed in blood :P

DakkonHax
06-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Thank you I will try and be clear when explaining it to him