PDA

View Full Version : Hero without specs retroactive?

Neko7
07-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Hello.

Since WorldBreaker Hero cards come without a specific spec/talent tree, and this is what type of talent hability/ally that determine what is their specs.

It was suggested, in an article, that it could be use retro-actively, a.k.a. that older heros loose their specs on the cards, and are determined by their deck instead.

I apply this option/choice to my ruling (I inform new player of this before hand), but we are about to have a larger event at the store and I will have toi judge people coming from other area, who experienced others judges decisions/choices on the matter.

So I need to know if what I do is "legal" and if there is a strick CTZ policy on that point?

Thanks in advance.

Ugamachi
07-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Worldbreaker Block Heroes and Heroes from Previous sets that have a printed Talent can only use talents cards of that type.

Only the newer heroes from the Aftermath Block and moving forward have the option of choosing a talent.

Without knowing what type of "Larger Event" you are referring to, I would still suggest letting your players know that what is stated above is correct in terms of deckbuilding rules.

Shirik
07-22-2012, 05:37 PM
The rules state that if a hero has a talent spec then that is what applies. There is no retroactive removal of that spec. Any deviation from that is violating the rules. That being said, a head judge's ruling stands and cannot be appealed. But I would expect players to be pretty annoyed if you're knowingly choosing to apply a different ruling.

Neko7
07-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Thank you for your answers