PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Cards?

Dreadnaught
08-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Will Cryptozoic be allowing homebrew cards in this forum when the game comes out?

FuriousMILK
12-26-2012, 12:49 AM
That's actually a very good question. This is the only deck building game I own and thus, I am very excited to hear about when the expansion will drop. So why not have some other things to spice up the board until then. A Raven hero and magic, anyone? Toss in the rest of the Titans, Red Hood... I'm going to give myself a headache thinking of all the awesome and possibilities...

Villains set!

aoineko
12-26-2012, 01:49 AM
WTB Red Hood cards!

FuriousMILK
12-26-2012, 01:59 AM
I don't know what WTB means, but he said Red Hood! Excitement!

kaiz0rd
12-26-2012, 04:10 AM
I don't know what WTB means, but he said Red Hood! Excitement!

WTB = Want To Buy.

sivartalappes
12-26-2012, 08:49 AM
The great thing with this game, is there are many obvious expansion choices:

Teen Titans
Justice Society
the Batfamily (Nightwing, Huntress, Batgirl(s), Batwing, etc.)
more Justice League members
various Corp members
and God only knows how many villains

FuriousMILK
12-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Exactly. I really want to see a set with all the Lantern Corps. I'd like to play as some of the villains too, admittedly. Dunno how that would happen, though.

Ssobaekil
12-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Make a super villain starting characters like cyborg, WW, GL, etc..... then have them fight Super heroes. Their abilities could be dirty, like steal a card from another player's hand

houjix
12-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Make a super villain starting characters like cyborg, WW, GL, etc..... then have them fight Super heroes. Their abilities could be dirty, like steal a card from another player's hand

Legion of Doom expansion. I'm in.

zimagic
01-04-2013, 08:12 AM
I'd be more interested in cards that add to the game-play than specific heroes.

Cards that put into question the utility/VP value. Would you buy a blank card worth 4+ VPs over another cards that does something for example? Or a card that does something decent (destroy) but is worth no VPs?

What about cards that play with the line-up a little more: "Exchange a card in your hand with one of equal cost in the Line-up" or "Destroy up to 2 cards in the line-up and replace them".

I'd also like a Super-Villian that has the first attack: "Destroy any non-villian card in the line-up. Replace any cards destroyed in this way straight away. If a non-villian card is revealed, repeat this process. Trigger all attacks in the Line-up." FIGHT!!

LexLuthorJr
01-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I've actually started to tinker with homemade cards...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/LexLuthorJr/PlasticManHero_zps4262e79f.jpg

Grish
01-04-2013, 07:05 PM
I got bored.

http://i50.tinypic.com/330613t.jpg

aoineko
01-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Immediately or at the end of your turn, for Booster? The latter is a much better effect.

(Hm, some blank card frames would be nice to help with this.)

Clavaat
01-04-2013, 08:52 PM
While we're on the subject of expansions and such, I was wondering how the expansions would actually come into play. The MD being the size that it already is, just plopping an expansion on top of it would make it huge! Maybe shuffling them together and then pulling out exactly half?

Grish
01-04-2013, 08:57 PM
O I should have put at the end of turn. I was going off of Martian Manhunter effect for wording instead of WW.

Quickly adjusted it.

Now should it also include gaining cards or just buying?

aoineko
01-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Oh, that's interesting. I think it should include gaining. Allows for some more interesting deck choices. He would really want Cheetah for example.

Grish
01-04-2013, 09:47 PM
I use for the white text Liberation Sans Narrow Size 18.

The hero name I use the color picker for the gold color. I used italics with the Impact font at size 36.

http://i46.tinypic.com/s1uxit.jpg

Skinner
01-04-2013, 10:55 PM
I love designing stuff so much.
Now admittedly, I don't really know many DC characters very well, so maybe there's better thematics for Nightwing, but I figured, former circus acrobat, so why not be hard to land a blow against? And nothing else in the game really references Defense or Attacks except one another, so why not?

http://i50.tinypic.com/rh22rm.jpg

Might be a lot of draw opportunity which can be really, really powerful, but I did some math on the main deck and other Super Hero's powers, and found a total of 23 combined Defense/Attack cards that this Hero would potentially benefit off of, vs. say, Cyborg who has 44 combined Equipment and Super Powers to pull from (not including Kicks), or Wonder Woman who has 33 Villains to pop out, etc. So, seemed like it could balance out moderately well, and be a pretty interesting deck to build/play. :)

aoineko
01-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Draw a card against every attack? That could be intense.

Grish
01-04-2013, 11:35 PM
This one seems interesting. I thought of the idea of doing a double flip hero. Shazam and Billy. But settled with this for the moment.

I did have his effect be of the Deadman card I just made, but it made more sense to use the effect for Deadman. This effect is him being able to use his Super Powers at will any time just like his character Billy shouting Shazam to instantly turn into a super hero.

http://i45.tinypic.com/biw9dx.jpg

Grish
01-05-2013, 12:40 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/nb2n4h.jpg

Skinner
01-05-2013, 04:53 AM
Draw a card against every attack? That could be intense.

Yeah maybe, would need testing to be sure I think. Without including the Super-Villains First Appearance Attacks it keeps it from being an always-on power and would force the meta into second-guessing those Scarecrows or Ivys, but could be one of those things that scales somewhat poorly into a 4-player game compared to a 2-player game when a lot more of the deck is being seen. But idk, the same can be said for a lot of the heroes, to some extent, no?

Alternative Attack-based power: "When a foe plays an Attack, reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. You may use a revealed Defense from those cards to block the attack, then discard the rest." A lot of text, though.
Maybe, "When a foe plays an Attack, you may discard a card to draw a card before resolving the Attack against you." Keeps the hand size the same while reaching the goal of getting to as much Defense in your deck as possible.

Also thought about something like, "You may discard any 1 [or 2, more likely] cards to block an Attack.", giving him an out to Attacks in general at cost of hand strength, but didn't like the idea of a player being permanently able to avoid attack effects the entire game, since they can be somewhat defining of the game play I think; especially from the First Appearances. Plus it wouldn't encourage building a deck full of defenses.

All these words and Christian is up here just pumping out dudes left and right. D:

sivartalappes
01-05-2013, 07:54 AM
This one seems interesting. I thought of the idea of doing a double flip hero. Shazam and Billy. But settled with this for the moment.

I did have his effect be of the Deadman card I just made, but it made more sense to use the effect for Deadman. This effect is him being able to use his Super Powers at will any time just like his character Billy shouting Shazam to instantly turn into a super hero.

Since you want him to "instantly turn into a super hero", perhaps it might be cool to have something like "Once per turn, when you buy or acquire a superpower, you may put it in your hand"?? Just a thought.

Dr.Doom
01-05-2013, 11:03 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/124gglu.jpg

I can't even describe the awesomeness of this post. Balanced, fitting, creative...

Kudos!

Of course, it would need some cards added to the deck that destroy things...

Skinner
01-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Moooooooore! Aside from just being a good exercise in design, these are getting me to go out and read up some on DC characters I never knew about until now. :V

http://i47.tinypic.com/28tgher.png

Works well with Nth Metal, no? :)

LexLuthorJr
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Changing things up a little...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/LexLuthorJr/CirceSuperVillainDone_zpsc9f8e8f7.jpg

dynamic_duo
01-05-2013, 12:06 PM

To increase his power level, I would say reduce the cost to free or only 1 power. Seems like his ability would be useless until late game.

dynamic_duo
01-05-2013, 12:18 PM
I use for the white text Liberation Sans Narrow Size 18.

The hero name I use the color picker for the gold color. I used italics with the Impact font at size 36.

http://i46.tinypic.com/s1uxit.jpg

Could we possibly get blanks for all the card types? Pretty please, with sugar on top

Skinner
01-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm going to see if I can get some made a little later tonight, if no one else has done so already.

Grish
01-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Moooooooore! Aside from just being a good exercise in design, these are getting me to go out and read up some on DC characters I never knew about until now. :V

http://i47.tinypic.com/28tgher.png

Works well with Nth Metal, no? :)

See I originally had Booster Golds effect be something like this since he's from the future and has knowledge of what would supposedly be happening. But I decided to go with his 'I'm a famous superstar so I get things' approach. But now for Hawkgirl!

Grish
01-05-2013, 01:21 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/358oz8x.jpg

aoineko
01-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Hm, wish you could just say non-Starter cards with this... While very thematic it feels underpowered. Would need something extra.

aoineko
01-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Hawkman and Nightwing

Hawkman - Love it!

Nightwing - The reveal the top X cards of your deck for a defense is pretty cool. The discard certain cards to defend can be kind of rough, but not as intense as the drawing cards. "Draw a card and discard a card" was actually the first thing I thought of changing the Attack effect to.

LexLuthorJr
01-05-2013, 02:14 PM
"Firestorm"

I don't think "from the game" is necessary.

Grish
01-05-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't think "from the game" is necessary.

So many game rules in my head haha.

Fixed it.

Hm, wish you could just say non-Starter cards with this... While very thematic it feels underpowered. Would need something extra.

Can I put non-starter cards? From what I've seen I have to put all the types. And I'd rather make things under powered than over powered for the moment. Any ideas?

Edit: Maybe buy destroyed costs at a reduced cost of half rounded up? 4 becomes 2. 5 becomes 3. Etc.

Skinner
01-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Can I put non-starter cards? From what I've seen I have to put all the types. And I'd rather make things under powered than over powered for the moment. Any ideas?

Edit: Maybe buy destroyed costs at a reduced cost of half rounded up? 4 becomes 2. 5 becomes 3. Etc.

I'm thinking there isn't really many cases where non-starter cards or non-Weakness get destroyed, so my input would be some power to let him destroy cards from the Line-Up at a cost in an effort to setup future turns. Maybe:
"You may buy destroyed cards as if they were in the line-up.
Once on each of your turns you may pay 2 to destroy a card from the line-up."

Might be too much hate-power though. Don't want Superman on your left to get that Super Strength? Pay 2, gone, sorry!

dynamic_duo
01-05-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking there isn't really many cases where non-starter cards or non-Weakness get destroyed, so my input would be some power to let him destroy cards from the Line-Up at a cost in an effort to setup future turns. Maybe:

Might be too much hate-power though. Don't want Superman on your left to get that Super Strength? Pay 2, gone, sorry!

I say make the cost for buying destroyed cards Zero at the very least. He would combo well with King of Atlantis and Darkseid. The ability to freely destroy your own cards for stronger game effects.

LunarKnite
01-05-2013, 03:43 PM

I think a nice way to combat the hate-power would be to let him destroy cards from the line-up at half it's cost, rounded up, and then he can buy from the destroyed pile at half the cost, rounded down. Essentially it'll let him be able to block other Super Heroes, but it'll still cost the same in the end to gain those cards. The two abilities wouldn't be attached, so cards that already destroy cards from the line-up would be great to buy with him.

aoineko
01-05-2013, 04:12 PM

Well, you could put non-Starter, but then he'd be able to buy Weaknesses. This is only an issue is if he has Bizarro. Could say cards with cost 1 or more as well. (Just trying to reduce text)

Grish
01-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Well, you could put non-Starter, but then he'd be able to buy Weaknesses. This is only an issue is if he has Bizarro. Could say cards with cost 1 or more as well. (Just trying to reduce text)

But then how do we propose making him stronger?

Edit: Changed his wording to make it smaller.

aoineko
01-05-2013, 04:15 PM
But then how do we propose making him stronger?

Oh, that's up to you guys to figure out. I'm just chiming in for when things don't work / could be optimized better. Don't want my insider information spoiling anything.

Grish
01-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Oh, that's up to you guys to figure out. I'm just chiming in for when things don't work / could be optimized better. Don't want my insider information spoiling anything.

That would make sense. I do like the idea of reduced buying that some people have came up with.

Edit: Last one until I settle with Deadman >.O

http://i47.tinypic.com/v7ul2r.jpg

blackroseyagami
01-06-2013, 01:19 PM
WTB All color Lanterns Heroes Please!! :D

Some proposals:

Red: Dexx-Star
Yellow: Arkillo
Orange: Larfreeze
Blue: Saint Walker
Violet: Carol
Indigo: Indigo-1

BTW Awesome Work on this, printing them later today :D

aoineko
01-06-2013, 02:36 PM
As much as I love Dex-Starr, wouldn't Bleez make more sense as a "Super Hero"?

Grish
01-06-2013, 03:28 PM
WTB All color Lanterns Heroes Please!! :D

Some proposals:

Red: Dexx-Star
Yellow: Arkillo
Orange: Larfreeze
Blue: Saint Walker
Violet: Carol
Indigo: Indigo-1

BTW Awesome Work on this, printing them later today :D

As Super Heroes or just as Heroes? Difference being who you play as versus who you can buy.

Also I do agree. Bleez makes more sense, especially since she is part of the New Guardians.

Also, shouldn't Indigo be Munk and Violet be Fatality?

aoineko
01-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Well, Carol and Indigo-1 were part if the original New Guardians.

Grish
01-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Well, Carol and Indigo-1 were part if the original New Guardians.

I assumed the game was going off the New 52 was why. Haha.

Skinner
01-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah, everything I've been looking up I've kept to New 52 stuff, since that's where all the content seems to have come from so far.

Could always do a homebrew DC Golden Age expansion set though... :)

aoineko
01-06-2013, 04:52 PM
It's not only tied to DCnU stuff. Starro has not shown up in the New 52 yet, for example.

Skinner
01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Okay, got more silly shenanigans. First up, a Green Arrow Super Hero:

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zmmnx5.png

And second, a 2nd take on the Nightwing Super Hero I first had posted, with a different power based off Attacks. Way too verbose to every realistically see the light of day on a Super Hero card at least, but hey, these are just for fun, right? :D
I really liked the idea of a wagered/gambled discard based on VP. Give up your 6 VP power-house Super-Villain in your hand to all but guarantee you'll keep Deathstroke from forcing you to do something awful? Or maybe just forfeit a couple singles and hope for the best? And if nothing else it would give the Nightwing player a way to cycle his deck quickly. LESS TALK MORE ROCK:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2nvzcwx.png

I think next up I'm going to explore some other card types. This is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn D:

aoineko
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Not sure how hard you were trying to theme the Green Arrow card, but it's quite hilarious... at least with how terribly the DCnU has been treating Ollie. Still has to prove himself and all.

Skinner
01-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Mostly it just came from the bow card (kill super villains!) and his hero card (get more heroes for more points!). Anything else is purely coincidental :)

Grish
01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Now that I know his New 52 look. Even though Green is the familiarity. I understand it's animals, but I couldn't find a better way to do it other then just copying another Super-Hero.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2d8hrfl.jpg

FuriousMILK
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM
So, just to keep everyone energized, I gotta say, good work to EVERYONE, this is the kind of stuff I always want to see, especially in a non-competitive game (I play EDH as well). I am definitely printing out all of these heroes, well the finished ones at least.

On a side note, is anyone thinking about making more villains, locations, etc? Along with that thought, has anyone thought of adding new keywords? Magic, anyone? Raven from Teen Titans, anyone else?

blackroseyagami
01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
As Super Heroes or just as Heroes? Difference being who you play as versus who you can buy.

Also I do agree. Bleez makes more sense, especially since she is part of the New Guardians.

Also, shouldn't Indigo be Munk and Violet be Fatality?

Super-Heroes, sorry, wasn't clear enough.

and my choices where made with New Guardians in mind so Carol and Indigo-1 where my choices

As much as I love Dex-Starr, wouldn't Bleez make more sense as a "Super Hero"?

Yeah, Bleez makes more sense, I just want a Kitty XD

I'll think about something to get the ball rolling in the effects part

LexLuthorJr
01-07-2013, 12:53 PM
More card types!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/LexLuthorJr/BulletproofBracelets_zps8ff88681.jpg

brodiewan
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Just wanted to say, that I'm totally excited about this thread. The Bulletproof Bracelets are right on theme by redirecting the damage to your foes.

Skinner
01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
More card types!

[Bulletproof Bracers]

Yikes! One of the most irritating cards to play against in Penny Arcade is the gold Zombie card that deflects Attacks like that.

iceberg
01-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Just so I'm not a complete lurker..... Just recently had the cash to pick up my copy of the game from my LGS that I ordered around Halloween. I've not gotten to do much, but coming across this thread got me pretty intrigued. I love customs, whether it be cards, miniatures, action figures, etc. That having been said, I'd like to throw my two cents in with a Homebrew AZbats card. Totally open to suggestions, criticism, comments...

blackroseyagami
01-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Just so I'm not a complete lurker..... Just recently had the cash to pick up my copy of the game from my LGS that I ordered around Halloween. I've not gotten to do much, but coming across this thread got me pretty intrigued. I love customs, whether it be cards, miniatures, action figures, etc. That having been said, I'd like to throw my two cents in with a Homebrew AZbats card. Totally open to suggestions, criticism, comments...

oh, this can get interesting and It doesn't feel OP

Printing...

LexLuthorJr
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
More! (Hey, CZE: Can I have a job?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/LexLuthorJr/SteelHero_zps8679ad1c.jpg

iceberg
01-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Please please pretty please with Wonder woman's magic lasso on top, may I get a copy of your card templates?

LexLuthorJr
01-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Heh. I don't really have any "templates", but I'll see what I can do.

chiboloco
01-09-2013, 09:38 AM
I've posted on these forums before a link to my blog about custom cards. I just used existing pics and manipulated them in corel painter. If people want I will put up a new post with more tricks and images.

http://chibolocosretrotoys.weebly.com/1/post/2012/12/make-your-own-custom-dc-deck-building-gameyou-know-you-want-to.html

iceberg
01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
I've posted on these forums before a link to my blog about custom cards. I just used existing pics and manipulated them in corel painter. If people want I will put up a new post with more tricks and images.

http://chibolocosretrotoys.weebly.com/1/post/2012/12/make-your-own-custom-dc-deck-building-gameyou-know-you-want-to.html

I would be very interested. Thank you.

zimagic
01-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Why don't we have a Catwon card that steals things? That would be fitting.

I'd also like to see effects the trigger off yuo controlling someone, like "+2 Power, if you have Superman as your Hero, Draw a card" and similar effects.

LexLuthorJr
01-11-2013, 10:10 AM
I'd also like to see effects the trigger off yuo controlling someone, like "+2 Power, if you have Superman as your Hero, Draw a card" and similar effects.

I thought about that, but I'm not sure that would really work. All existing cards in the game can be used by every Super Hero. While Fortress of Solitude is better for Superman than it is for Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman would still be able to buy Super Powers to make Fortress of Solitude effective. Wonder Woman would never be able to become Superman, so it really wouldn't ever be worth buying that card. Because of that, the game would steer even more toward being luck-based, as the bonus would go to whatever Super Hero manages to see their card available for buying.

Dr.Doom
01-12-2013, 11:35 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/358oz8x.jpg

Love it!

I wonder about balance, but love it anyway. :D

Dr.Doom
01-12-2013, 11:44 AM
More card types!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/LexLuthorJr/BulletproofBracelets_zps8ff88681.jpg

Yeah, sorry, but I hate this.

Sorry everyone who just got screwed by an attack, but I am piling on.

Perhaps an alternative:

Defense:You may discard this card to avoid an Attack. If you do, and it was not a First-Appearance, the owner of the Attack is now an additional target of the Attack.

Which should work, minus the obvious FAQ entry for X-ray Vision, Starro, etc.

LexLuthorJr
01-12-2013, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the feedback, but I disagree. I don't think it is too overly powerful seeing as, basically, you are suffering the same fate as everyone else: Losing a card to play on your turn. Other than that, you are simply avoiding the Attack itself as anyone with a Defense card can do. No other "bonus". I would even argue Super Speed is a little better. With that, you avoid the Attack and now have one more card than everyone else. With Bulletproof Bracelets, you avoid the Attack and have the same number of cards as everyone else. Is it more aggressive? Sure. But that does not a bad card make.

Isn't that kind of the point of a game? Set yourself up and knock your opponents down?

sivartalappes
01-12-2013, 06:02 PM
I think that the bracelets should just send the attack back at the attacker. Think "Sad Zombie" in the Penny Arcade game expansion...

FuriousMILK
01-12-2013, 10:40 PM

Perhaps an alternative:

Defense:You may discard this card to avoid an Attack. If you do, and it was not a First-Appearance, the owner of the Attack is now an additional target of the Attack.

Which should work, minus the obvious FAQ entry for X-ray Vision, Starro, etc.

Keep in mind, you don't have to use it. Also, you could make your idea into a card of its own.

Alexstoryteller
01-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Kudos to the firestorm! Omg.. Change this to any players discard pile and it would be such a fun card!

jbzoom
04-05-2013, 06:27 AM
New to the forums here. Bought the game and love it. Started to make my custom character cards and wanted to share. Open to suggestions.

FuriousMILK
04-05-2013, 08:45 AM
* Accidental post.

FuriousMILK
04-05-2013, 08:46 AM
New to the forums here. Bought the game and love it. Started to make my custom character cards and wanted to share. Open to suggestions.

However much I love Red Tornado, he might be a bit over powered. I'd take away one of those abilities, at least. Or maybe just make it so that he can replace up to three cards in the line up. Awesome regardless, I'd especially like to play Prometheus... but we play the Location, Location, Location play type.

jbzoom
04-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks! Just to clarify, it's gain one equipment, not all. As for the replacing the lineup ability, I wanted it to simulate his tornado power of blowing through the cards wreaking havoc (in a somewhat controlled state). (:

I love Reverse Flash- can't wait to try him.

Prometheus may be a bit overpowered (as mentioned to me over at the BGG forum) but I kinda like this 'nobody' supervillain really wreaking havoc. Since there's only 5 locations in the game, this is a big deal!

jbzoom
04-05-2013, 01:33 PM
And here's one more villain I made, Mirror Master:

and my first location attempt- Paradise Island:
Truly a ‘paradise’ of a location- your weakness cards don’t affect you until the end of the game!
It’s expensive to buy but totally worth it.

FuriousMILK
04-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Thanks! Just to clarify, it's gain one equipment, not all. As for the replacing the lineup ability, I wanted it to simulate his tornado power of blowing through the cards wreaking havoc (in a somewhat controlled state). (:

Ah, may want to clarify on the card, then. I got his mulligan ability being a tornado, makes sense.

I hate to be a stickler, but it seems like the wording on your cards, Mirror Master included, seem off. He should say "All players." Like in my group, we play with at the least 4.

It could be the MTG player in me, seeing as a slight changing of wording can mean a whole different rule. Tornado should read "At the beginning of your turn you may..." and "or gain any one equipment in the lineup." As I mentioned, as it is now, you can just gain all the equipments, though knowing you meant one makes him a lot less broken in my eyes.

Reverse... I dunno... he seems kind of bland. He's just a slightly inconveniencing Scarecrow.

I like Prometheus' usage power, just can't use him in my group. He's awesome though, don't get me wrong... although we could just have him cycle the location we're at when he pops up...

I LOVE Paradise Island, no one will ever change locations from this in our group late game... of course, unless they have no weaknesses, regardless, awesome.

All in all, I'll probably end up using MM, Red Tornado, Prometheus, and Paradise Island. You've got good ideas, just wanted to offer some constructive criticism.

jbzoom
04-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it! I want to make Reverse Flash a real pain in the butt- so he'll obviously need some more tweaking to find that sweet spot. I'll update the wording on the others and post here soon.

Spotted the recent cover artwork for Dial H for Hero and thought it'd make a great equipment card. I don't know the cards inside and out (hence why Reverse Flash was so similar to Scarecrow) so let me know if a card like this already exists:

jbzoom
04-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Like in my group, we play with at the least 4.

How does the game play with 4? I've only played it with 2.

FuriousMILK
04-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it! I want to make Reverse Flash a real pain in the butt- so he'll obviously need some more tweaking to find that sweet spot. I'll update the wording on the others and post here soon.

Not a problem, and I'll be waiting for the updated text, hahaha.

Spotted the recent cover artwork for Dial H for Hero and thought it'd make a great equipment card. I don't know the cards inside and out (hence why Reverse Flash was so similar to Scarecrow) so let me know if a card like this already exists:

It's very similar to... I think The Emerald Knight, one of the Green Lantern cards removes a card from the line-up and copies its ability for the turn, at the end of the turn, you return the card to the lineup. I think it can only target equipments and heroes, though. So this would be a much stronger version of that considering you could copy the card and buy it. Not necessarily a bad thing.

How does the game play with 4? I've only played it with 2.

I'm not sure how it compares to a two person game, I've only ever played with four. It normally takes about... 30 - 40 minutes, things don't seem to get slowed down considering there's many people taking out bosses. There's more chances to get hosed, however, due to the fact that people buy the things you need.

jbzoom
04-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Updated Red Tornado and Mirror Master:

And, a new take on Prometheus:

Oops! The third Prometheus card is the CORRECT wording and spelling! (:

jbzoom
04-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Here's Reverse Flash. Too EVIL??

jbzoom
04-08-2013, 07:42 AM
posted twice. oops

FuriousMILK
04-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Updated Red Tornado and Mirror Master:

Thanks for the updated texts, jb.

And, a new take on Prometheus:

Oops! The third Prometheus card is the CORRECT wording and spelling! (:

You may want to specify where he puts them, top or bottom? If it's a choice, of course everyone is choosing top.

No, later in the game he wouldn't be as threatening... still a pain, however.

andjosh05
04-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Here are some location cards I've been toying with.

Atlantis v2:
http://imageshack.us/a/img163/5364/atlantishg.png

Central City:
http://imageshack.us/a/img441/9409/centralcity.png

New Krypton:
http://imageshack.us/a/img689/4114/newkrypton.png

Oa v2:
http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1607/32985993.png

andjosh05
04-17-2013, 12:55 PM
S.T.A.R. Labs:
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/8215/starlabs.png

Stryker's Island:
http://imageshack.us/a/img856/2228/sisland.png

Themyscira:
http://imageshack.us/a/img51/7835/themyscira.png

andjosh05
04-17-2013, 12:56 PM
I've also been working on "High Tech Hero" type cards for the Starting Heroes and higher cost Hero card for Cyborg.

Last Son of Krypton:
http://imageshack.us/a/img839/1880/lastsonofkrypton.png

OR

Last Son of Krypton v2:
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/4952/lastsonofkryptonv2.png

Tech Titan:
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/6301/techtitan.png

FuriousMILK
04-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Titan:
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/6301/techtitan.png

GOD YES! Thank you.

FuriousMILK
04-25-2013, 03:26 PM
So, I was going through the "City Deck," as I call it, to make sure I put the right number of custom cards in, as in, so there's just not too many of one, and so on... I realized something... there is an alarming lack of Super Powers in this game... so... food for thought, folks.

Blackbird_13
04-28-2013, 09:10 PM
To whoever made the templates... thank you for your awesomeness!

I've managed to make an entire second deck of Marvel cards to go with the DC cards. A whole deck, from the Super Heros to the Equipment... Super Powers.. Heros.. Villains.. and Super-Villains. Yet to be playtested, but the cards look excellent, and I thank you for that!

chiboloco
04-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Let's see 'em Blackbird

TikiWho
04-30-2013, 01:21 PM

I've been very much enjoying looking at all the work that people have done, and am going to print some out to try them in my games. I have an alternative First Attack for Reverse Flash that I thought I'd offer up.

First Attack - Until this Super-Villain is defeated, any card indicating that you should draw a card cannot be used to draw a card.

He truly would be like a Reverse Flash that way. Defenses could still be used, but you would not get to draw a card if the card indicates. Cards like Kid Flash and Penguin would only be able to count towards abilities like Martian Manhunter's power, or Green Lantern's to get bonus points.

chiboloco
04-30-2013, 02:58 PM

This is my take on the Anti Flash. You can see more of my custom villains at my site chiboloco's retro toys.

zippy1979
05-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Hi guys I've been working on a fan expansion to this great game, I just really want some new cards.

Some examples from my works are displayed below but you can download the first part of the expansion from this link:

Heroes, Super Villains and Locations in JPEG (http://www.mediafire.com/?0a6x3r6maopz1ms)

The expansion is not finished, cards ideas are completed, it just takes bloody ages to get from an idea to final artwork. Also I have not decided how many copies of each card should be included or how to compose a Main Deck with these cards, should they be played alone, mixed in with the other cards, or even include some but not others like a data pack...

I will continue with the Villains, Equipment and Super Powers when I get time next week, but for now I have some Heroes, Super Villains and Locations for you to test and try out.

There is a new card type as well as some player interaction cards.

The new card type is Legend and I intend that players can only purchase one Legend, e.g. if you own Bruce Wayne, you may not purchase Barry Allen.

Can you guys let me know what you think, I'm most interested in balancing issues?

FuriousMILK
05-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Can you guys let me know what you think, I'm most interested in balancing issues?

Alright, lets get the show on the road. I want more homebrew cards, so I figure I should be helping with their conception.

Billy and Marvel - I understand what you're going for, but this just doesn't work. No one will buy these two if they are not for SURE they'll get the other. Billy will just be two weaknesses if you don't get Marvel, just a dead card. Along with that, if you don't have Billy then Marvel will just exile himself after one use, right? Trust me, I love Shazam (They changed him to Shazam in New 52 so as to not get him confused with a Marvel character), he's my favorite, but this... just isn't the best idea.

Krypto - "Companion," are there things to key off of that? If not, I wouldn't bother, might just get confusing for people. I assume you're not an American English speaker on the defence thing. The wording is strange, this isn't perfect but I think it's getting closer to what you would want; "Defense: When you draw this card play it in front of you immediately. You must discard it the next time you are attacked." Also, maybe knock down the price a bit, maybe to five or six, I think Blue Beetle is six. Also, does he replace himself?

Mister Miracle: Again, interesting, but it's a little... meh. Yes, getting three for two is awesome, but who wants to give him away? You bought him, shouldn't he be working for you? Maybe, "Any time Mister Miracle would be discarded from an attack, return Mister Miracle to your hand." Maybe even make him a defense, have him cost four or five.

All I've said aside, I can dig this, I'm excited to see the rest of the set.

Also, I've just gotten my hands on Photoshop, can someone up some templates for equipments, heroes, locations, super powers, and villains?

zippy1979
05-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Billy and Marvel - I understand what you're going for, but this just doesn't work. No one will buy these two if they are not for SURE they'll get the other. Billy will just be two weaknesses if you don't get Marvel, just a dead card. Along with that, if you don't have Billy then Marvel will just exile himself after one use, right? Trust me, I love Shazam (They changed him to Shazam in New 52 so as to not get him confused with a Marvel character), he's my favorite, but this... just isn't the best idea.

I was going to change his name to Shazam, but Shazam will be a Super Hero in the official expansion.

To clarify, Billy is not available for purchase, but instead obtained automatically when you use Captain Marvel, the same happens for Jason Blood and Etrigan. The idea was to make the Superhero powerful and weak at the same time. The buyer would hope that when the game ended it was Captain Marvel that was in the deck and Billy on the outside, this needs better clarification on the cards I guess.

Krypto - "Companion," are there things to key off of that? If not, I wouldn't bother, might just get confusing for people. I assume you're not an American English speaker on the defence thing. The wording is strange, this isn't perfect but I think it's getting closer to what you would want; "Defense: When you draw this card play it in front of you immediately. You must discard it the next time you are attacked." Also, maybe knock down the price a bit, maybe to five or six, I think Blue Beetle is six. Also, does he replace himself?

I wanted the card to give you the feeling that it was out protecting you, and I don't want it counting towards Martian Manhunter and other effects when it was out on the table, hence Companion. The main difference is that it is a defence card that will be there when you need it, you do not have to hope that it happens to be in your hand when you are attacked. This is a rather strong advantage and must also be factored into the card cost. I will change the wording on the card, yours is much clearer and gets the right point across. There is a weaker version called Ace the Bathound, compare them and give me your thoughts.

Mister Miracle: Again, interesting, but it's a little... meh. Yes, getting three for two is awesome, but who wants to give him away? You bought him, shouldn't he be working for you? Maybe, "Any time Mister Miracle would be discarded from an attack, return Mister Miracle to your hand." Maybe even make him a defense, have him cost four or five.

The way he works is thematic, Mister Miracle is Scott Free, an escape artist. You can't keep him locked up, that's why he runs away after you have played him. To help alleviate the annoyance of him leaving when you play him, he's not worth any VPs and gives you a lot of Power for not such a high price.

Thanks for the feedback, it's always appreciated!

chiboloco
05-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Don't worry I got the whole Shazam thing and I like it. Look at the lord of the rings deck builder for examples of your other two cards. Look at pipeweed and the prancing pony.

FuriousMILK
05-02-2013, 09:08 PM
I was going to change his name to Shazam, but Shazam will be a Super Hero in the official expansion.

To clarify, Billy is not available for purchase, but instead obtained automatically when you use Captain Marvel, the same happens for Jason Blood and Etrigan. The idea was to make the Superhero powerful and weak at the same time. The buyer would hope that when the game ended it was Captain Marvel that was in the deck and Billy on the outside, this needs better clarification on the cards I guess.

Ah! Yes, that makes FAR more sense. A risk, but could be interesting, good concept. All I would say is yes, make sure to specify how this works with purchasing. Also, does Marvel go away the turn you buy him? Might want to specify that ruling as well.

I wanted the card to give you the feeling that it was out protecting you, and I don't want it counting towards Martian Manhunter and other effects when it was out on the table, hence Companion. The main difference is that it is a defence card that will be there when you need it, you do not have to hope that it happens to be in your hand when you are attacked. This is a rather strong advantage and must also be factored into the card cost. I will change the wording on the card, yours is much clearer and gets the right point across. There is a weaker version called Ace the Bathound, compare them and give me your thoughts.

In the case of Manhunter, he would still key off seeing as he's a HERO Companion, just like how Super-Villains count for villain triggers. Though I guess you could say on the card that "This card is not played" or something. Again, I like the concept, though. I hadn't downloaded the whole set yet, I was going to wait for errata to be made and for the whole set to be ready, so I don't have to make multiple printings and such. As for Ace, he's good.

zro_sai
05-03-2013, 12:22 PM
I created this account to get some thoughts and feedback on some cards I made. I tried my hand at makin some Super Powers since the ones in the game are mostly based on Superman. Here are the ones I made:

FuriousMILK
05-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Alright, so I constantly push for custom cards on every DC forum I'm a member of, figured I should finally contribute. Here are the cards my friend and I worked up together while we were doing some R&D to make sure some other things weren't broken. Critiques are welcome, I hope imgur is OK, because I find the upload process here a little convoluted.

Here is the album: imgur.com/a/pxtVV#0 Ignore the doubles.

The Cosmic Treadmill was not my idea, but we chopped and screwed with it, as it was horribly broken originally. I'm wondering which version is best, however.

My Trigon is built after the Teen Titans show, his FA is to parallel when he made the Titans fight doppelgangers of themselves.

We made a new J'onn because we play Matt Hyra's Super-Hidden Super-Villains variant. Also, we wanted to play with J'onn's mind-f***ing abilities.

Nekron's ability returns them to the line up due to the whole Hidden Villains variant.

Nightwing's ability and Saint Walker are not originally ours, we just tweaked them, such as stopping an infinite Walker loop with that last line.

Hope you all like them, sorry for not linking.

andjosh05
05-06-2013, 07:52 AM
I've been working on a Facebook page to display all the custom cards I've created.

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/dcdbgued

I have almost all the cards I've created so organized into different albums. I'm still working on creating a "Super-Villains as Starting Heroes" variant, but I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with Attacks for the original Starting Heroes and abilities for the Super-Villains.

chiboloco
05-06-2013, 03:19 PM
When I made a custom version of the game before it came out I used cards I knew and tweeked them or reversed them. Like my anti flash makes people discard rather than draw like the flash does. I also use abilities that mirror the character abilities. Like my mr freeze makes people put cards on top of their deck to simulate slowing things down because of the cold. I hope this helps.

lightsout
05-06-2013, 05:10 PM
In the case of Manhunter, he would still key off seeing as he's a HERO Companion, just like how Super-Villains count for villain triggers. Though I guess you could say on the card that "This card is not played" or something. Again, I like the concept, though. I hadn't downloaded the whole set yet, I was going to wait for errata to be made and for the whole set to be ready, so I don't have to make multiple printings and such. As for Ace, he's good.

(Just finished the thread), I may have missed something, but what Martian Manhunter card is this referring to? Another custom card? (Because I only know of the J'onn J'onzz card that involves playing the ability of the active Super Villians - nothing to do with heros)

NVM, upon looking for custom cards on another site I see it was a promotional Super Hero card given away. Carry on.

lightsout
05-06-2013, 09:51 PM
I have one question I haven't seen "answered" (/an opinion on) here or in custom-card threads elsewhere. When printing & using (custom) non Super Hero/Super Villain cards, how do you choose how many copies (of a single card) you add to the deck? (A gut call based on it's cost/ability/VP?).

Also, if you make a lot of custom cards, is there a point where you (should) remove normal cards from the Main Deck? (So adding more cards doesn't make the only-1-copy cards even rarer). Especially for someone (like me) who would almost never play more than 1 vs 1 (where it's hardest to get rare cards to pop-up).

FuriousMILK
05-06-2013, 10:21 PM
That's what I tend to do, I look through the base set for cards of similar cost and VP, then base the judgement off of that, you'll find that the normal amount for... low - mid rank cards is 3, so cards like Harley Quinn, Batmobile, etc. Then then high rank is two, so Doomsday, if I remember correctly is an example of that, and lastly, high ranking, all the heroes (Dark Knight, Man of Steel, Blue Beetle, etc.) is one. Along with that, cards that end up counting for extra VP is normally five, Utility Belt, Green Arrow, and ones that key off one another, i.e. Suicide Squad.

Yes. In my group, since the deck is massive now, we removed all the Suicide Squads and etc.

lightsout
05-07-2013, 02:24 PM

Am I the only one who finds this a little under-powered? I love the character & the Gary Frank art so I definitely wanted to add this to my own game (since I don't need sleeves for the over-sized Heroes). I liked the connection between instantly getting super-powers & Billy becoming powered in an instant, but the more I thought about it, he seems under-powered. There's only 16 non-kick Super Powers in the game & only 6 that wouldn't work under Aquaman's effect (which would also work on MANY MANY more cards than Shazam's). You could add more (custom) superpowers (especially higher cost ones), but that's a lengthier solution.

Does anyone have any ideas that could give Shazam a bit more "oomph"? Draw ability, +power situation, SPs costing 1-less (early stock-up on kicks?), or perhaps getting to play a SP in the line-up (this one would fit the theme of Billy drawing on powers of the gods...though it would be just as limited as his original ability due to the few # of SPs)

LunarKnite
05-08-2013, 03:38 AM
That's what I tend to do, I look through the base set for cards of similar cost and VP, then base the judgement off of that, you'll find that the normal amount for... low - mid rank cards is 3, so cards like Harley Quinn, Batmobile, etc. Then then high rank is two, so Doomsday, if I remember correctly is an example of that, and lastly, high ranking, all the heroes (Dark Knight, Man of Steel, Blue Beetle, etc.) is one. Along with that, cards that end up counting for extra VP is normally five, Utility Belt, Green Arrow, and ones that key off one another, i.e. Suicide Squad.

Yes. In my group, since the deck is massive now, we removed all the Suicide Squads and etc.

As an add-on to what you said, I saw that almost all Villains besides Suicide Squads were in pairs. All equipments come in triples, and the same nearly goes for super powers (Super Speed has 4), while Heroes tend to have the biggest range from 1-4.

For my unofficial Lantern Corp expansion, I do have a list of how many copies each card has. I suppose I'll put that up in the bgg thread.

zippy1979
05-10-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm now up to 179 cards, I'll try to keep churning them out, once I'm done I'll write some rules and guidelines on how to get the most from the cards.

New link to the latest bundle is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c2nisk2tytxh1by

lightsout
05-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Another question (:D I can't help I got into this when this forum slowed down)

When making one's own cards.....should you stick to the spirit that only Villains have attacks? That any super-power that is an offensive one just is a power-booster instead (as, I wouldn't have been shocked if Heat Vision had an attack, since it literally is one). (Also, that Villains don't have attacks)

lightsout
05-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Would this be too OP for that Shazam card?

1) You may put any SP you buy/gain on top of your deck
2) You may play 1 SP from the line-up per turn (but not buy it in the same turn)
3) All SP cost 1 less to buy**

**if that's too OP (making kicks +2 power & costing only 2), then maybe "All SP with cost 4+ cost 1 less to buy"

If SP were more numerous I might say it's OP, but even if you add more (custom ones), they're not numerous enough (only having kicks cost 2 would potentially make it OP. That's only a maybe though. Perhaps the rest is under-powered & that's needed to make it compete with the others.

lightsout
05-10-2013, 08:46 PM
(one more! haha)

To all the people who made Super Hero cards with the same background pattern (on the top & bottom) as the original cards -- did you just edit over a picture of a real card? Because the PSD templates I've found have a different pattern there (more camo-like).

andjosh05
05-11-2013, 05:00 AM
I made the templates that way as that was as close as I could get to the original pattern while still maintaining a bit of uniqueness to the cards. If I could somehow find a hi-res copy of the rules pdf I might be able to make exact duplicate templates, but for now that's the best I can offer.

lightsout
05-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I made the templates that way as that was as close as I could get to the original pattern while still maintaining a bit of uniqueness to the cards. If I could somehow find a hi-res copy of the rules pdf I might be able to make exact duplicate templates, but for now that's the best I can offer.
Ah, cool. I was just curious. Given how long it took me to notice, it shows how little that background even sticks out.

andjosh05
05-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Here's a Black Adam Super-Villain I've been working on. Not sure if it's too powerful, but I like the idea of using a Villain to destroy a Location.

Black Adam:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/970683_125586300976357_175136077_n.jpg

and his counter-part Shazam...

Shazam:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/923295_125578050977182_169709898_n.jpg

and his "Hero" card...

World's Mightiest Mortal:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179993_125524520982535_1786696244_n.jpg

Speedknob
05-13-2013, 01:59 PM
I made a couple myself. I think Hawkgirl may be OP, we haven't playtested her much. I am also not the most skilled computer cut-an-paster. 8)

andjosh05
05-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Here's an alternate take on Black Adam as it may have been too powerful...

Black Adam:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/310273_126026830932304_866739739_n.jpg

and

World's Mightiest Mortal:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969163_126028467598807_859165221_n.jpg

lightsout
05-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Is this OP?

Been seeing a lot of homebrew location cards out there that are "counter-parts" to the current stock (like 1 for villains, 1 for equipment, etc) that instead of drawing are based on + power. They are usually something like "+1 power for each villain you reveal from your hand at the start of your turn".

Would this be too OP? In some situations I could see so (if you're WW & drew 7 cards & all of them were villains, + 7 before you use any other card is a bit over kill. Though getting that 1 card in the whole deck is a little slim (especially if you've added more cards)). Perhaps there could be a limit on the +P (3?) or make them cost more than the traditional 5? Or perhaps a very tame version of just "+1 power when you play your first (card type) of the turn" (to compliment the draw-on-first-play locations)

andjosh05
05-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Two new Equipment cards:

Lasso of Lightning:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/600829_128467627354891_848887803_n.jpg

and

Lasso of Persuasion:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/943363_128467617354892_1843393364_n.jpg

kmonarq7
05-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Just a quick question:How are you printing these out? Do you have stock images you can use with a printer like Kinko's or something?

lightsout
05-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Just a quick question:How are you printing these out? Do you have stock images you can use with a printer like Kinko's or something?

photoshop templates - you can insert your own picture & edit the text (then just printing from my home printer. I used glossy paper for my Super Heroes & Super Villains, but normal paper for the rest (too expensive, lol) - using card-sleeves to actually play with them of course)

I got them from here (you have have to sign up, I forget, but not a big deal)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/949369/custom-cards/page/1

If I recall correctly, those links to the fonts needed might not work, but I just googled the names & found them for free elsewhere.

andjosh05
06-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Here's an idea I've been kicking around to counter-balance cards like MoS and Princess Diana. I'm still working on the card text as I'm not sure if I want to use the word "negate" as I don't think it has appeared on any other cards in the base set.

Cold Gun:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999522_136465156555138_681543477_n.jpg

IAmTheGreat
06-10-2013, 09:25 AM
I actually really like the idea of a card like that. However I feel like it should give power if played normally and possibly cycle when discarded so it isnt situational or non-advantageous

Grish
06-22-2013, 11:33 PM
I forgot to post these. I made these for 2v2.

http://i44.tinypic.com/de2n2g.jpghttp://i43.tinypic.com/2u9q0hs.jpg

Grish
06-22-2013, 11:36 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/30j3bpk.jpghttp://i41.tinypic.com/wtf9u.jpg

Grish
06-22-2013, 11:37 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2vdqq9v.jpghttp://i44.tinypic.com/b967i1.jpg

ellindar
06-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Hi all! I've been making new characters for sometime and experimenting with my play group different types of strategies. I've made playable super villains as well as arch-heroes as well. I will be putting up all of my cards for you to check out. We have a database of every game played with each character, their score, what place they came in and who they played against to playtest each style. Please ask any questions.

EDIT: The Larfleeze is the wrong card. I will post the corrected one later!

ellindar
06-24-2013, 12:50 AM

ellindar
06-24-2013, 12:51 AM

ellindar
06-24-2013, 12:58 AM

ellindar
06-24-2013, 12:59 AM

N-Finite
06-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Here are a couple of SUPER HEROES I came up with:

Doctor Fate: Once during your turn, you may put 2 cards on the bottom of your deck from your discard pile in any order.

Blue Beetle: You may discard a card from your hand, that costs 1 or greater, to avoid an attack.

Plastic Man: If you play a Punch this turn, 1+ POWER.

Atom: +1 POWER for each Hero you play during your turn.

Green Arrow: Villains cost you 1 less to gain.

Hawk Girl: Before an ATTACK and once during your turn, you may put a PUNCH, VULNERABILITY or WEAKNESS on the top of your deck from your hand or discard pile.

Etrigan: Once during your turn, you may discard a card from your hand that cost 1 or greater. If you do, put a VILLAIN from your discard pile in to your hand.

Firestorm: Once during your turn, you may destroy a card from your discard pile. If you do, discard 2 cards from your hand.

N-Finite
06-27-2013, 03:07 PM

The Blue Beetle below may be too good.

N-Finite
06-28-2013, 05:49 PM
More

aoineko
06-28-2013, 06:40 PM
You need to have Firestorm trigger at the start of your turn, otherwise you could play all your cards then use his effect and not discard anything.

N-Finite
06-28-2013, 07:27 PM
That makes sense. I will reword Firestorm so that you must discard 2 cards in order for it to work.

N-Finite
06-29-2013, 06:40 AM
I had to reword this one because it was worded improperly.818

totimd
07-04-2013, 09:35 PM
would be good to draw cards from another player,
or steal the best card of the player's hand
or steal a computer
or steal a hero
or steal a villain
conjelar a super villain
increases the power with another player super hero
power daler super villain
one Bizarro to attack him force his negatives in a hand
one card that revives a supervillain
red kryptonite
green kryptonite
gold kryptonite

N-Finite
07-08-2013, 01:46 PM

Made the needed changes to this card. I think it's better now. Your thoughts?

N-Finite
07-08-2013, 02:36 PM

N-Finite
07-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Doctor Fate was too good, so I had to change his ability from 2 cards to 1.
Metamorpho ability was fixed so you can't use his ability on Starters.

N-Finite
07-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Here one for Vixen.
Changed Hawk Girl completely. Made her a little more interesting.