PDA

View Full Version : Players question about Nationals

ndelliskave
08-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Hey,
I had a local player come to me and ask if i could find out some info for him.

So apparently he was like 148th at the end of day 1 NACC, recieved the prizes for 148th and left.
However, looking at the current results it says now he finnished 155th. He's confused and wants to know if he is still qualified for worlds? Do the overall standings change because of peoples tie breaks based on their opponents that did well day 2/3?

Shirik
08-27-2012, 03:37 PM
While I don't know the answer to your question, the person listed as 155th at NACC is also honor rank 5. So it shouldn't matter.

ndelliskave
08-28-2012, 08:36 AM
It looks like he's down a couple more slots, and his current honor rank is 4.9. Im sure he could play in a few battlegrounds and hit rank 5 but he was just curious how the nats standings worked.

Patrigan
08-29-2012, 02:35 AM
As far as I know it, the web based system recalculates the tiebreakers after the final round. This could give a different position to all players with the same number of wins.

In general this makes no difference on honor or prizes. Prizes are handed out based on the standings before the round with a cut-off. Honor is calculated based on the number of rounds you played (and then won or lost), which does not differ. Honor has nothing to do with your final position in the tournament.

Small thing that irks me: NACC is not the same as Nationals.
Nationals is a Europe only program, with states as the equivalents. NACC is Continentals.

coolsy123
09-05-2012, 09:39 AM
We have an interesting example here.
While in APCC 2012 , the top 96 players in day1 could go on in day2.
After all the tournament in day1 fnished, the 96th and the 95th player told the scorekepper that they wanna drop.The scorekepper then droped them from the game. But when the final standing was posted in day2, both of them droped to 100th or lower.
Edwin told us there was something wrong with the tracker.
Could anyone explain this problem?