PDA

View Full Version : Attacking with Allies that enter play at the start of your turn, on that turn.

Kazbo
09-22-2012, 10:59 AM
I have been debating with a few of my fellow WoW TCG players about attacking with allies that entered play at the start of your turn (such as a Gilblin Deathscrounger or Tekahn effect) on the turn in which they entered play because we can find nothing defining the thinking that they can or cannot. These are the entries we are basing our ideas on:

1st. 601.2a To be a legal proposed attacker, a character must be ready and must be able to attack the proposed defender. In addition, it must have been under the turn player’s control continuously since the start of his current turn and/or have Ferocity.

and then:

2nd. 501.1a As a ready step starts, the turn player readies all physically exhausted cards in play he controls. Any modifiers created “as [that turn] starts” are also created simultaneously. None of this uses the chain. Next, a priority window opens. As that window closes, the ready step ends and a draw step starts.

Grish
09-22-2012, 11:03 AM
The allies have to be there before the start of the turn. So no they would not be able to attack unless they have ferocity.

Shirik
09-22-2012, 11:05 AM
You can not attack with a card like Gilblin Deathscrounger on the turn he returns to play.

Note that 501.1a does not apply here. That rule references modifiers using the word "as". This is distinct from the word "at" which denotes a triggered power.

Triggered powers use the chain. They will trigger at the start of the turn, but the card doesn't actually enter play until the effect goes on the chain (as that priority window opens) and the effect resolves off the chain. The card will not have been in play since the start of the turn, and thus it cannot attack.

Also, in the future, you probably want to use the rules forum down below. This forum is really for discussion about the judge program itself, and you will probably get your fastest answer there.

Kazbo
09-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Okay, thank you for the correction and that information. I will be sure to use the forums more correctly next time.