PDA

View Full Version : "Seven" oversized hero cards?

PaulG
09-23-2012, 06:15 PM
What about Martian Manhunter? He was in the Crits Happen video. Where might one pick that guy up? The card looks awesome.

aoineko
09-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Promo hero from ordering the game.

PaulG
09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
How do I get on board? Just order from any store, or has to be this one?

Not that having the oversized hero matters that much. Seeing as it's never shuffled, printing one out would be good enough, I'm a bit of a completionist.

sivartalappes
10-19-2012, 08:43 PM
btw, Cryptozoic, reading the section on superheroes in the rulebook, I see that you left out Cyborg...

Matt_Hyra
10-19-2012, 08:52 PM
btw, Cryptozoic, reading the section on superheroes in the rulebook, I see that you left out Cyborg...

Are you referring to page 1? We recommend 5 Superheroes to play with the first time you play. We left Aquaman and Cyborg off that list.

blackroseyagami
10-20-2012, 01:37 AM
Are you referring to page 1? We recommend 5 Superheroes to play with the first time you play. We left Aquaman and Cyborg off that list.

Should have left Aquaman out of the game :p

anyway... as long as I'm the one using it :p

Azreal19
12-10-2012, 07:44 PM
wow, I never realized they made a Martian manhunter card for a player, that is cool. I just looked him up and his ability is awesome fun.

TheAllyKat
12-20-2012, 08:53 PM
I would like to know why Cryptozoic choose to use a size format for the Super Hero cards that is unique. There are no card sleeves that support this size. You could have used the Tarot card size dimensions just as easily or not even bothered making them over-size. I realize that I do not represent the larger portion but since you appear to be getting into more geekier games I would hope that you take consideration that many of us will not even play our games until we have sleeves on all of our cards.

cervidal
12-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I would hope that you take consideration that many of us will not even play our games until we have sleeves on all of our cards.

The hero cards see such comparatively minimal wear and tear that I find this a curious attitude toward them.

TheAllyKat
12-21-2012, 03:44 AM
I used to play professional TCG tournaments. It comes from the acknowledgement that wear and tear is unavoidable. With this in mind, I, like so many, will do everything in my power to ensure that I never have to repurchase a game. So many companies it is impossible to replace parts... especially if the game is the most well received.

JKat
12-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I am really looking forward to the game day event of the DC Deckbuilding Game next week at my local game store.

They will be handing out the Martian Manhunter promo card with a purchase of the game.

This game looks to be alot of fun. I like that each hero gives you a different power. In kind of gives you a different deckbuilding strategy for each hero. I just can't wait to try it out!

pietran30
12-21-2012, 07:14 PM
I am really looking forward to the game day event of the DC Deckbuilding Game next week at my local game store.

They will be handing out the Martian Manhunter promo card with a purchase of the game.

This game looks to be alot of fun. I like that each hero gives you a different power. In kind of gives you a different deckbuilding strategy for each hero. I just can't wait to try it out!

My store was under the impression that they were going to get a martian manhunter promo with every game they had preordered for game day... They got 4, instead of 15... They had over 30 people show up, and out of the 15 people who preordered the game, only 4 of us got one and I was not one of them... Just saying, don't get your hopes up. :(

JKat
12-22-2012, 02:08 AM
My store was under the impression that they were going to get a martian manhunter promo with every game they had preordered for game day... They got 4, instead of 15... They had over 30 people show up, and out of the 15 people who preordered the game, only 4 of us got one and I was not one of them... Just saying, don't get your hopes up. :(

Wow, I just checked with my store and they only have 4 promo cards. I will get there as early as possible. Thanks for the warning.