PDA

View Full Version : Wondering exact timing for certain plays.

Just1Gamer
10-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Fist of all, friends and I love this game, thank you Cryptozoic!

We have a couple of questions on legality of when certain plays can be done.

1: Lets say we have a survivor that's going to die, she rolled her attack die and could not beat the encounter/walker. Can she, before she dies use Shortcut on another survivor?

2: On a similar note, if you get Personality Conflict (or another card that says discard) and you have one card in your hand that happens to be Shortcut, can you use it first (and in the case of Personality Conflict now discard your empty hand)?

3: Lets say you're Shane. You roll your attack and are 1 off of killing the encounter/walker. Can you, as a last ditch effort, use your ability to get cards from survivors in your region for the possibility of an Ax (say you knew another survivor had one but didn't use it to help) then use said Ax?

Thanks guys!

Just1Gamer
10-18-2012, 03:20 PM
A different question, similar to a previous post. If two other players and I get Surrounded with two Frenzy's and I, as the current player, play Sack of Guns, will I be the only beneficiary of the nullified Frenzy's (assuming non of the other players use Sack of Guns)?

Matt_Hyra
10-18-2012, 04:19 PM
1. No you can't play any cards out of turn except for Axe and Non-Lethal Wound. Weapons can be played out of turn only when you are attacked. Shortcut may never be played during another player's turn. If it is her turn, she should have played the Shortcut before starting the combat, as she can't play it "in response" to dying.

2. You can't use any card "in response" to another card. If you fear a Personality Conflict, use the Shortcut before drawing your Encounter.

3. No, Shane's ability doesn't mention combat (like Rick's does), so he can't use it during combat as a last ditch effort. Shane needs to do that ahead of time if he wants the help for that Encounter.

4 (2nd post). Your Sack of Guns removes the Frenzy effect(s) for all survivors. What a guy!

Just1Gamer
10-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks Matt!