PDA

View Full Version : rulebook

sivartalappes
10-19-2012, 07:51 PM
I see the rulebook is now up, here http://www.cryptozoic.com/downloads/files/dc_db__rulebook_lo_res.pdf

I have a question... it has refilling card slots from stuff you bought at the end of your turn after you draw your new hand. Is that accurate? In other deckbuilding games with a changing center row (such as Ascension), you replace immediately after you acquire cards...

aoineko
10-19-2012, 08:16 PM
This is not Ascension. You do not replace immediately. In most situations, all you see when you start your turn is all you will have to purchase from. If you're looking for a play experience where the Line-Up refreshes every time you buy a card check out the "On Patrol" variant.

sivartalappes
10-19-2012, 08:35 PM
thanks. I posted the question before I got that far reading it.

blackroseyagami
10-20-2012, 01:38 AM
This is not Ascension. You do not replace immediately. In most situations, all you see when you start your turn is all you will have to purchase from. If you're looking for a play experience where the Line-Up refreshes every time you buy a card check out the "On Patrol" variant.

"On Patrol" Variant?

I am now reading the Rulebook

houjix
10-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Oddly enough, that's how we played Ascension the first time (no replacing the center row immediately,) made the game much slower. With a single stream currency in this games it is probably a better choice balance wise.

ImmortalJedi
10-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Awesome! Time to print out a copy and read up on the game.