PDA

View Full Version : Clarifications: combat

da10ryukyu
10-30-2012, 06:39 PM
1- I enter combat with an encounter lvl 2 with 8 def. My potential dmg is 7 and my opp blocks with a scout. Does my opp get all the experience from that encounter? Can other players play more than 1 scout to aid or block?

Just making sure I got this right:

2- As for equipping weapons, I need to purchase the weapons first and play them from my hand.

3- Action cards that are not reserved or purchased go the sacrificed pile at the end of the turn.

Matt_Hyra
10-30-2012, 06:47 PM
1. If his is the only Blocking Scout, he gets all of the Experience. Players may only play one Scout to Aid or Block.

2. Correct

3. Correct

da10ryukyu
10-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Only the turn player can play as many scouts during that combat, correct?

Matt_Hyra
10-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Yes, but the active player's Scouts don't have any inherent combat value. There are some cards that boost them, however. You can't Aid or Block yourself.

whazzmaster
10-31-2012, 02:42 PM
You can't Aid or Block yourself.

This made me remember a question we had: normally scouts cannot aid you when you initiate combat on your turn, but from the text on the Monkey Zealot it seems that they can be thrown into the mix to add combat power. So if I have a Monkey Zealot and two monkey Scouts in my hand would I get a total of +2 from the Scouts for that combat step?

The way we interpreted it was that Scouts are useless in combat on your own turn, except if you have a Monkey ally in play (and your hero is the Monkey, of course) at which point they're worth +1 power.

Matt_Hyra
10-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Correct. There is nothing preventing you from playing Scouts during your own turn. They just don't do anything in combat unless another effect grants them some bonus Damage.