PDA

View Full Version : stealth clarification

da10ryukyu
11-09-2012, 05:46 AM
Question regarding Stealth (5 cost) "Discard all scouts your opponents have played this combat. Opponents can't play scouts this turn."

1- Can I play this card after opponents decide to block before combat?

2- Do I need to play this card in the assembly phase before entering combat?

Thanks,

Matt_Hyra
11-09-2012, 11:08 AM
1. Yes

2. No, you can play it after you see who aids/blocks.

Kelann08
11-18-2012, 01:07 AM
I also have a question about this.

Does playing Stealth remove the players participating as well? We've been playing it so that the player who has stealth basically gets to decide if they want to fight it alone or not. I was thinking from another angle that its purely a defensive card to force out anyone blocking you and anyone helping, while they don't add to your attack, still gets the XP.

it often ends up that the first time someone buys this card they eventually win. Especially if they cop out on encounters and just beat easier ones alone instead of vying for the harder encounters that require help (and force them to split XP).

Matt_Hyra
11-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes, it does remove them as participants from the combat, so no one else gets any XP, win or lose.
It is a powerful card, but it's a dead card if you don't have the damage to go on an Encounter.
And it can be negated. Once you play it, you will be a target for other nasty stuff (Leg Sweep, etc).