PDA

View Full Version : Next week?!

sivartalappes
11-21-2012, 05:12 PM
The article that was just posted says hobby stores will get the game as early as next week.

Is this true?

And if it is true, when will those of us that already pre-ordered on the Cryptozoic online store get our copies? Is there an actual date yet when we can expect our mailperson to bring it?

houjix
11-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh sweet. Just in time for my son to be gone for a week. :( I was planning on playing with him right away. Little turds running off to Disney World with his Grandma.

sivartalappes
11-28-2012, 02:09 PM
On FB, Cryptozoic said the launch date is Nov 30, which is this Friday! WOOT! Though, they didn't specify if that means pre-orders will be arriving at people's houses that day, or if that's when they'll be shipping them out. Either way, we should be seeing the game either this weekend or next week! Woot and double woot! SO excited to play this game!

houjix
11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
On FB, Cryptozoic said the launch date is Nov 30, which is this Friday! WOOT! Though, they didn't specify if that means pre-orders will be arriving at people's houses that day, or if that's when they'll be shipping them out. Either way, we should be seeing the game either this weekend or next week! Woot and double woot! SO excited to play this game!

If you check the e-store it says pre-orders are being shipped on release date, so Saturday at the earliest depending on where you live.

sivartalappes
11-28-2012, 09:06 PM
If you check the e-store it says pre-orders are being shipped on release date, so Saturday at the earliest depending on where you live.

Which then begs the question, where do Cryptozoic games ship from? I know their offices are in California. Is it safe to assume they ship new games from there too? If so, I probably won't get mine until NEXT saturday (I live in Virginia Beach, VA)

sivartalappes
12-02-2012, 04:54 PM
So... It supposedly hit stores on Friday and those of us who pre-ordered should (according to Cryptozoic on their FB page) get ours between the middle and end of next week. Have they been shipped yet? If so, I've not recieved any confirmation of shipment. Anyone else?

RJPelonia
12-03-2012, 03:41 AM
So... It supposedly hit stores on Friday and those of us who pre-ordered should (according to Cryptozoic on their FB page) get ours between the middle and end of next week. Have they been shipped yet? If so, I've not recieved any confirmation of shipment. Anyone else?
Definitely has not yet shipped for me. That's actually kind of a bummer to hear knowing I can go to my local game place and purchase it right now. Figured pre-ordering meant, you know, as soon as it was available.

houjix
12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Definitely has not yet shipped for me. That's actually kind of a bummer to hear knowing I can go to my local game place and purchase it right now. Figured pre-ordering meant, you know, as soon as it was available.

Or at the very least shipping out on the release date like they said at one point.

LexLuthorJr
12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
I haven't received any shipping notice either. Nor have they taken the game off Pre-Order in their online store.

houjix
12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Apparently they've had a delay getting them to their offices to send them back out. Stores that have them must have gotten them directly from distributors or something.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/892139/so-when-is-cryptozoic-shipping-online-orders

sivartalappes
12-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Sad sad news indeed... At this rate, people just picking it up from the FLGS I frequent will have it before I do even though I was one of the first people to pre-order

LexLuthorJr
12-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm tempted to just buy it at a local store then sell or return my pre-order copy.

I must say I am a little disappointed with how this whole thing was handled. I would be willing to forgive the constant delays, but leaving everyone who pre-ordered out of the loop kind of irritates me. A simple email explaining the situation would have been nice.

Megalodon360
12-05-2012, 08:26 AM
I am dissapointed too.The game released last friday , and here it is wed and my game just got shipped today, which means I wont get it untill friday or saturday.Bummer, I thought pre ordering would get it to me on release day.People who just went it got it off the shelf got it before me and I paid for mine months ago, Guess once they have your money they dont care anymore.Never doing that again.

sivartalappes
12-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Megalodon360, did you get some sort of confirmation that yours sent? I still haven't...

houjix
12-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Megalodon360, did you get some sort of confirmation that yours sent? I still haven't...

I haven't gotten an e-mail, but I just checked my order and it says it shipped yesterday or at least submitted the tracking info. It estimates mine will be here by Friday.

Grish
12-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I got mine today also. The emails are probably being sent today as we speak, of course not all at the same exact moment though.

sivartalappes
12-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Yep, now I got the confirmation e-mail... that says it shipped yesturday... and the tracker says it'll be here Saturday.

LexLuthorJr
12-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I am dissapointed too.The game released last friday , and here it is wed and my game just got shipped today, which means I wont get it untill friday or saturday.Bummer, I thought pre ordering would get it to me on release day.People who just went it got it off the shelf got it before me and I paid for mine months ago, Guess once they have your money they dont care anymore.Never doing that again.

Especially since I've seen it for sale other places for $25 and the Cryptozoic Store charged $40 plus shipping. I could have had it by now and saved $25. I don't think the Martian Manhunter was worth it.

houjix
12-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Especially since I've seen it for sale other places for $25 and the Cryptozoic Store charged $40 plus shipping. I could have had it by now and saved $25. I don't think the Martian Manhunter was worth it.

They are never going to undercut MSRP when they sell it directly. They don't want to take business away from LGS. Unfortunately the promo made some people order directly from them, but that was before we knew that LGS were going to be able to get them. While I would have loved to have it already, especially by tomorrow, it's only an extra week. I'll live.

sivartalappes
12-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Well, from now on I know to just get the games through my FLGS instead of pre-ordering from the site. I figured pre-ordering would mean I'd get the game either when or before my FLGS got it.... not after. I'm very disappointed by the way this has gone down, and this will be the only time I ever pre-order from here again.

Grish
12-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Well, from now on I know to just get the games through my FLGS instead of pre-ordering from the site. I figured pre-ordering would mean I'd get the game either when or before my FLGS got it.... not after. I'm very disappointed by the way this has gone down, and this will be the only time I ever pre-order from here again.

They said they had to wait to receive them themselves.

sivartalappes
12-06-2012, 08:20 AM
that does not make sense though... FLGS already got the game. The FLGS I frequent has had it on the shelf since yesturday, and according to the tracking number with my confirmation I won't get it until Saturday. They couldn't ship out pre-orders when they shipped out FLGS copies?!

sivartalappes
12-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Scratch that... I just checked the shipping update... NOW the estimated arrival is Tuesday! This is STUPID! I could litterally go buy a copy from my FLGS right now... but instead having to wait until almost a week after they get it to get mine! :( Is there someone I can punch for this?!

houjix
12-06-2012, 11:05 AM
that does not make sense though... FLGS already got the game. The FLGS I frequent has had it on the shelf since yesturday, and according to the tracking number with my confirmation I won't get it until Saturday. They couldn't ship out pre-orders when they shipped out FLGS copies?!

It is possible that the game went right from manufacturer to a distributor. It was most likely shipped to LGS from distributors. Crypto's copies probably came from a distributor as well, but it sounds like they had an issue with their shipment.

Daedalus
12-06-2012, 12:12 PM
They are never going to undercut MSRP when they sell it directly. They don't want to take business away from LGS. Unfortunately the promo made some people order directly from them, but that was before we knew that LGS were going to be able to get them. While I would have loved to have it already, especially by tomorrow, it's only an extra week. I'll live.

I picked up my copy from my LGS today, but they said they didn't get any Martian Manhunters. (Although the employee I asked didn't seem that interested in actually checking. I don't want to throw out any names, but this store gives much better service as a web store than their physical storefront.)

Now I'm going to have to check ebay to track down a Martian Manhunter and will probably end up paying the same as those who ordered from the Cryptozoic store.

RJPelonia
12-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Received my pre-order earlier today. I probably got it so quickly since it looks like it shipped from Anaheim which is about a two hour drive from where I live. Still mildly bummed out it didn't ship day and date with its release like I was hoping it to, but I'll live.

Now was it worth the wait?

...I, I don't know. I haven't got to play it yet. I'll try to round up some of my friends this weekend and make my judgment then.

Hope everyone receives their game soon.

sivartalappes
12-06-2012, 11:03 PM
see, where as me, being in Virginia Beach, I'm litterally on the opposite side of the country from where it's shipping from...

Grish
12-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I just got mine today. Looks like it came a day early. :D

houjix
12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
I just got mine today. Looks like it came a day early. :D

Booooooo, Hissssss, Booooo!

Mine should be here tomorrow, but I don't really know as the tracking hasn't updated since Wednesday.

sivartalappes
12-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Booooooo, Hissssss, Booooo!

Mine should be here tomorrow, but I don't really know as the tracking hasn't updated since Wednesday.

And mine still says Tuesday! :( A WEEK after my FLGS got it. *grumbles*

sivartalappes
12-08-2012, 06:41 AM
definitely won't be arriving early for me... as of right now, it's only as far as Chicago... still has 1/2 the country to go! :( Guess I really WON'T be getting mine until Tuesday. What a total bummer this has turned out to be.

houjix
12-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Bummer man. Mine's on the truck and will be here sometime today.

LexLuthorJr
12-08-2012, 12:51 PM

I don't mind the wait either. However, like I said before, I wouldn't have minded any of this if they had just kept us in the loop. A quick email explaining the situation would have been enough to satisfy me.

abdunn91
12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
I preorder the game November 11th, and and received an email on the 13th saying my ordered had shipped but it did not list a tracking number. From reading through the threads the game wasn't released until the 30th, I see that some of you have tracking numbers, were they sent in a new email or how did you find it. This is my first experience with Cryptozoic so any help would be appreciated.

Grish
12-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I preorder the game November 11th, and and received an email on the 13th saying my ordered had shipped but it did not list a tracking number. From reading through the threads the game wasn't released until the 30th, I see that some of you have tracking numbers, were they sent in a new email or how did you find it. This is my first experience with Cryptozoic so any help would be appreciated.

Hello Christian,

Your order has shipped. (Order#: 1564 placed on 11/07/2012)

To track your package visit the following link:
https://store.cryptozoic.com/orderdetails.asp?OrderID=1564
Here are your Tracking Numbers:

Carrier Tracking Number Date Shipped
FedEx Home DeliveryŽ 021786315055340 12/4/2012

You may also use the preceding link to review your order details or print an invoice

Thanks again for shopping at store.cryptozoic.com!
Visit us anytime at http://store.cryptozoic.com/

abdunn91
12-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Hello Christian,

Your order has shipped. (Order#: 1564 placed on 11/07/2012)

To track your package visit the following link:
https://store.cryptozoic.com/orderdetails.asp?OrderID=1564
Here are your Tracking Numbers:

Carrier Tracking Number Date Shipped
FedEx Home DeliveryŽ 021786315055340 12/4/2012

You may also use the preceding link to review your order details or print an invoice

Thanks again for shopping at store.cryptozoic.com!
Visit us anytime at http://store.cryptozoic.com/

That is the email I received on the 13th however it the tracking number part was blank. Am I suppose to receive another updated email?

houjix
12-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Check your order through your account and see if there is a tracking number there.

sivartalappes
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Hmmm... according to my tracking number, my game is currently on a truck locally to be delivered... so maybe I'll get it today instead of tomorrow? That would be great!

sivartalappes
12-10-2012, 03:41 PM
SERIOUSLY!? So, the package technically came today... about 10 minutes after I left for work... and the moron driver decided that instead of leaving it at the door step, to instead take it with him for a re-delivery tomorrow. GAH! And we were throwing a game night tonight specifically around me getting this game!!!!! I hate stupid people!

RJPelonia
12-11-2012, 02:48 AM
SERIOUSLY!? So, the package technically came today... about 10 minutes after I left for work... and the moron driver decided that instead of leaving it at the door step, to instead take it with him for a re-delivery tomorrow. GAH! And we were throwing a game night tonight specifically around me getting this game!!!!! I hate stupid people!
Dude, I'm so sorry to hear. :( On the bright side, the wait will be over soon, and trust me when I say this game is well worth the wait. Patience, buddy.

sivartalappes
12-11-2012, 04:12 PM
It just came. Going out to play now.

darkjawa103
12-11-2012, 06:04 PM
I just ordered mine from Miniature Market for $26 plus shipping. Should have it by Friday or Monday. Looking forward to trying it out

sivartalappes
12-11-2012, 07:57 PM
It's great. A couple people in the group like it better than Ascension... which is saying something (I think Ascension is a little bit better... but only barely). GREAT job on this game! Can't wait for expansions to start rolling in... Though, I'm still shocked that Doomsday is a villian and not a super villain... I mean.. HE KILLED SUPERMAN!!!!!!