PDA

View Full Version : So for the next couple expansions...

Grish
11-24-2012, 08:31 AM
B'wana Beast please?

houjix
11-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Green Arrow and Super Girl starting heroes please. And Wonder Twin cards that do something when you have both.

sivartalappes
11-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Wonder Twins!? Damn, going oldschool!

sivartalappes
11-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Personally, I want to see Firestorm used somehow... he's my second favorite character of all time (seconded only to Superman)...

benjibot
11-29-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm buying this game, but if there isn't a Batgirl* very soon I'm not entirely certain I can feel right about keeping it.

Actually, if they could just scrap the whole thing and make a game based entirely around Silver Age Batman comics I'd be happiest yet.

(*Despite the art being straight from the New 52 comic runs I'm capable of distancing it from continuity as I'm not particularly fond of Barbara being Batgirl again if Killing Joke is still canon. Holy moley! The DC universe continuity is a can of worms!)

Megalodon360
12-05-2012, 08:27 AM
I want commisioner gordon and oracle, huntress :-)

benjibot
12-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Oh oh oh!

Mr. Mxyzptlk!

Also: Egg Fu, Bat Mite, The Metal Men, Mr. Mind, and The Question.

sivartalappes
12-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Oh oh oh!
Mr. Mxyzptlk!

you get a +1 from me!

houjix
12-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I just hope they aren't fully constrained by New 52 stuff. It's not a bad universe to live in, especially with some of the Wildstorm universe being incorporated (Grifter card please), but we may miss out on some cool stuff.

Daedalus
12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I just hope they aren't fully constrained by New 52 stuff. It's not a bad universe to live in, especially with some of the Wildstorm universe being incorporated (Grifter card please), but we may miss out on some cool stuff.

This was my biggest concern when I was considering getting the game, but I decided to buy it anyway. And boy was I glad I did! Even though the box and rulebook artwork is Nu52, most of the artwork on the cards inside are actually from the pre-52 universe! I was so excited to see the heroes looking the way they "should" look, from Zatanna in her stage-magician costume to Wonder Woman with red boots! I think there's enough artwork from both universes to satisfy fans of each. And with that, I'm very much looking forward to some expansions now!

Azreal19
12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
While there are characters I would Love to see. "Such as Nightwing" I think if they did an expansion they should go with more well known guys that weren't in this one some appeared in the decks.
Super Heroes-
Green Arrow
Captain Marvel
Martian Manhunter
Catwoman
Hawkman

Super Villains-
Black Adam
Mxysptlk
Circe
Trigon

Of course instead of going that direction you could go by a theme.. such as the main one seems to be the new "Justice League"
but we could definatly see the "Batman Family" Robin, Azreal, Nightwing, Catwoman, etc. Or Justice Society expansion, or Titans/outsiders expansion... but I digress.

Power ideas?
Here are a few other thoughts. Based on the Green Arrow Card in the deck I would say green arrow should have a power based of Hero Cards so that way it would be uniform to the hero card helping out that heroes power. Could be as simple as getting bonus Victory points for having a certain number of Hero cards in your deck.

Catwoman I think would be easy, be able to steal cards from other peoples hands. "Once a turn when you play both a hero and a villain card take 1 card at random from an opponents hand play it and put it in the original owners discard pile." It would play well for her being a thief and kind of being on both sides of the hero villain coin all the time.

Captain Marvel (Shazam!) - Many times over it turns out his greatest weakness. (he's really a kid) turns out to be what saves the day. My thought. "All starter cards are considered super powers and never give less than "1 Power" when played." This would give a strong opening advantage with 3 extra points to start out with on the opening 2 turns but would peter out as others gain cards, as well the small option to combo them with other cards being that they are superpowers.

Again just some quick thoughts with more depth other than just blurting out what "needs to happen."

aoineko
12-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Martian Manhunter is a promo Superhero for the first set.

Darthvegeta800
12-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Azrael I and II are definite musts for me in the long run as i'm a big fan of that character.
Either they should launch 'themed' expansions or mix it up with chars, allies and enemies from the great families: Bat-side, Superman/Flash/WW side - Green Lantern Side.

LunarKnite
12-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Being a Green Lantern fan, I would love to see a GL expansion. I think it would work really well with the multitudes of different enemies (Manhunters, Larfleeze, Black Hand) and corp members like Mogo!! What I'm really looking forward to though is a new mechanic that'll add some flavor, but nothing too much.

darkjawa103
12-18-2012, 03:58 AM
I would love to see a Lanterns expansion. Larfaleeze would have an attack that says "MINE! Take 1 card at random from each opponent's hand and add it to your deck"

sivartalappes
12-18-2012, 08:38 AM
I'd like a stand-alone expansion with another 7 super heroes and another 12 super villains.

SUPER HEROES:
Captain Marvel
Green Arrow
Dr. Fate
Firestorm
Animal Man
Zatanna
The Atom
(PROMO)Red Tornado

SUPER VILLAINS:
Mongol
Superboy Prime
Merlin
Trigon
Black Adam
Hank Henshaw
Vandal Savage
Atomic Skull
Amazo
Zod
Dr. Light
Imperiex

pokemonmaster1
12-18-2012, 01:31 PM
make the sidekicks as the new starting heroes next set

bobtheguardian
12-18-2012, 06:24 PM
My friend and I got this game and immediately started talking about expansions. He totally makes fun of me but I would love a Legion of Super Heroes / Legion lost set.