PDA

View Full Version : First Turn Choices: Line-Up #1

Rosenfloggen
12-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Your opening hand contains 4 Punches and 1 Vulnerability. This hand produces 4 Power this turn. Depending on the Super Hero that you are, what would you take from the Line-up?

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/dc-deck-building-first-turn-choices#Line-Up #1

cervidal
12-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Christina has to nab Robin, and not for all the crude reasons. The equipment plays he'll set up will be silly.

Marcos wants Super Speed. Every time that card comes to hand, he's 1/3 of the way to triggering his hero power for free.

Nathaniel also wants Super Speed. He gets a five card hand every time he gets to play it, or a sick +2 cards to hand any time someone tries to give him a weakness.

Grish
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Super speeddddddddddd

houjix
12-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Nth Metal every time, no matter which hero, although I could be convinced to grab Super Speed for Flash. Grabbing a way to remove weaker cards from your deck is pretty much key in every deck builder.

sivartalappes
12-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Sadly, I won't have the game until (according to the current tracking status) Tuesday (which irritates the hell out of me since I paid for it on Nov. 1...), so I don't know all the cards and heroes yet... but given this line-up, I'd say that no matter who you have, Nth Metal is a great first buy because you're going to weed out your crap really fast.

cervidal
12-06-2012, 07:26 PM
In this game, I'm not sure weeding out is as needed or as easily possible as it is in other DBGS.

Many of the hero and other cards don't give you resources far beyond what you start with. While it's nice to be able to get rid of your starting 10, Nth Metal isn't going to hit one of them very consistently without running other combos, which is why Robin is so necessary.

If I remember on the card count, there are fewer Robins than there Nth Metals.

StormKing
12-07-2012, 03:34 PM
I always grab Robin with every hero. He has so much synergy with other cards that makes him so valuable, and if I don't grab him when I see him, chances are I'll never get him because the next person WILL get him.

Azreal19
12-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I think no matter who you are, if you can on your opening hand first turn get Nth Metal, you are guaranteed to burn out those vulnerabilities. Which is a huge advantage. My second choice would be the superspeed, chances are you are playing someone who gets a benifit from superspeed, be it superman with 1 power, Cyborg with his bonus, or Flash with the extra card draw, plus opening grab defense for possible extra card to play with. Great advantage.

Ssobaekil
12-24-2012, 09:32 PM
It depends on your style of play as well. sure there are top choices, but when someone takes a card. a new one hits. Nth metal and super speed are both really good.

darkjawa103
12-25-2012, 10:01 AM
gotta go with Nth Metal. The chance to destroy Vulnerabilitys or Weaknesses if they show up is too good to pass up

Ssobaekil
12-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Nth metal early is really good. but u cant bank on it blowing up weaknesses. You have to get EXTREMELY lucky to do that. You also have to be given weaknesses (which scarecrow can do.)

I still like the Nth metal for blowing up Punches or Vulnerabilities. Both are good to destroy