PDA

View Full Version : First Turn Choices: Line-Up #3

Rosenfloggen
12-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Your opening hand contains 5 Punches. This hand produces 5 Power this turn. Depending on the Super Hero that you are, what would you take from the Line-up?

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/dc-deck-building-first-turn-choices#Line-Up #3

JesusChristMD
12-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Swamp Thing.

While 5VP can get out of hand with green arrow, things escalate quickly with swamp and locations and it's important to gamble on a +5 power on turn 1 if you can do it.

houjix
12-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Batman - Bat Signal all day
GL - Probably High Tech hero and Two-Face
Flash - Same as GL

sivartalappes
12-06-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm going with Green Arrow since I'll likely be buying plenty of heroes during the course of the game.

Grish
12-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Depends. Am I sitting to the left or right of Nathaniel ?

Azreal19
12-10-2012, 07:39 PM
The bat Signal is a great card, there are so many different heroes to help all the decks, getting the bat Signal will consistently help out long down the road, as well as your odds of getting a hero next time around is good.

Coyote81
09-21-2013, 02:10 AM
I'll go with Green arrow, because it's amazingly cheap for the vp it's worth. (compared to buying super villians) and the +2 will help you buy those other 5 cost cards sooner then buying a bat signal would. Even though I really like bat signal. This is one of those where I would sign and just buy the green arrow. Hoping noone else has 5 power.

atheist4thecause
09-21-2013, 02:24 AM
Batman - Bat Signal all day
GL - Probably High Tech hero and Two-Face
Flash - Same as GL

These were my exact choices as well, but Bat Signal is very tempting. I like Swamp Thing, but there's too much other good stuff for me to go for him.

IAmTheGreat
09-21-2013, 10:23 AM
What character are you? Who else is playing? What is their character and where are they sitting in relation to you?

AaronH
09-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Nine times out of ten, regardless of the character I'm playing, I'll go with Green Arrow. Those 5 VP cards often determine the winner and snagging one early can allow you time to fill your Hero quota. Plus, even if you are a Villain or Equipment focused character, some of those Heroes are dead useful for maximizing your deck's effectiveness.

Monsoon
09-21-2013, 02:04 PM
If I'm Cyborg or Batman, then Bat-Signal. Otherwise, probably Green Arrow. Other players are likely to go for it, since those 5 VPs are a big deal, and I'm much more likely to pick up 4 heroes over the course of a game than I am to be lucky enough to nab a Location.

Boon
09-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Aquaman: Green Arrow
Batman: Batsignal
Cyborg: Batsignal
Flash: Hightech Hero/two-Face
GL: Hightech Hero/two-Face
Supes: Kick/two-Face
WW: two face/kick

MM: Hightech Hero/two-Face

Boon
09-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Batgirl: Hightech Hero/Two-Face
Black Canary: Hightech Hero/Two-Face
Booster Gold: Two-Face/Kick Or Green Arrow..
Hawkman: Green Arrow
Nightwing: Batsignal
Red Tornado: Hightech Hero/Two-Face
Shazam!: Hightech Hero/Two-Face

Starfire: (5 power) Two-Face/Hightech Hero, (6 power) Hightech Hero/Kick?

kmonarq7
09-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Green Arrow, more than likely. I can make a case for Bats or WW taking their respective helper cards