PDA

View Full Version : Tiebreaker

k4m4c4usey
12-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Last night after the game was over we tallied up our victory points and we were tied so we consulted the rulebook and it said the tiebreaker is whoever has the most super villians. We were tied for that too so who is the winner? We made the additional tie breaker whoever had the least weaknesses but is there an official tie breaker beyond whoever has the most super villans?

houjix
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I would think the next tie-breaker should be whoever had the fewer number of turns. Dominion does that. If someone achieves the same score in 1 less turn, they had a higher per turn point average. If that is tied, I forget what they do for the next tie-breaker, deck size maybe with higher average score per card.

Edit: Dominion just declares it a tie after their first tie break. Ascension is similar, but if equal number of turns, whoever went last wins.

sivartalappes
12-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Ascension is similar, but if equal number of turns, whoever went last wins.

In Ascension, everyone always gets the same number of turns, and tiebreakers are decided that whoever went last gets the win. At the World Championship this year, the guy that won actually did so because they tied but he went last.

aoineko
12-07-2012, 08:14 PM
If you're tied with number of points and super-villains count up the number of cards in your deck. The player with the bigger deck wins.

RJPelonia
12-08-2012, 02:54 AM
Clearly the better looking player wins the tie.

I never win ties that way........

sivartalappes
12-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Clearly the better looking player wins the tie.

I never win ties that way........

The one with the most epic goatee (that'd be me every time!)

LexLuthorJr
06-18-2013, 02:37 PM
So I played a game the other day where two of the players had the same number of Victory Points. They also had the same number of Super Villains.

They also had the same number of cards! Now what?

Matt_Hyra
06-18-2013, 05:54 PM
So I played a game the other day where two of the players had the same number of Victory Points. They also had the same number of Super Villains.

They also had the same number of cards! Now what?

Shared victory in my book.

boba_fouts
06-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Nevermind.

N-Finite
06-24-2013, 08:29 AM
I think Tie Breakers should go as such:

Tie Breaker #1 Defeated the most Super Villains.
Tie Breaker #2 Gained the most cards in their deck (excluding Weaknesses).

Matt_Hyra
06-24-2013, 10:07 AM
I think Tie Breakers should go as such:

Tie Breaker #1 Defeated the most Super Villains.
Tie Breaker #2 Gained the most cards in their deck (excluding Weaknesses).

Excluding Weaknesses would be doubly punishing. I would rather reward a person who is tied for the lead, despite reducing their score by way of 2 or 3 Weaknesses.

JohnSimon
06-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Is number of cards in your deck an official tie breaker or does it end with who has the most Super Villians? (The latter is in the rulebook while the former is not.)

Matt_Hyra
06-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Tie Breaker #1 Who defeated the most Super Villains? (This is in the rulebook)
Tie Breaker #2 Who has the larger deck? (This is used at events, is official, but is not in the rulebook.)

lightsout
06-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't having the same score with less cards be more impressive? ("smart buying" as it were).

Matt_Hyra
06-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Wouldn't having the same score with less cards be more impressive? ("smart buying" as it were).

In reality, the person with the larger deck undoubtedly has more Punches, Vulnerabilities, and Weaknesses in his deck than his or her opponent. If you are tied for top score even with all that crap in your deck, your feat is more impressive.

N-Finite
06-25-2013, 08:19 AM
That makes sense. I didn't think of it that way.

lightsout
06-25-2013, 01:38 PM
In reality, the person with the larger deck undoubtedly has more Punches, Vulnerabilities, and Weaknesses in his deck than his or her opponent. If you are tied for top score even with all that crap in your deck, your feat is more impressive.

I wouldn't say undoubtedly, but I can see how that scenario makes sense :)

kmonarq7
06-26-2013, 01:51 PM
We had a double tie recently, so we decided a home rule:

1: Total VP
2: Number of Super Villains
3: Total VP of Super Villains
4: Total VP of owned Heroes
5: Owner of More Locations
6: Russian Roulette

OKay, I lied, #5 wasnt in there.

I miss my best friend now.