Please sell me one

Azreal19
12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Please sell me one

I have one thing to say....

...DITTO!!

jollytothegreen
12-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Just curious here. Why not just print one off and use it?

Charmander
12-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Uhmmm it's for my collection :)

Jesstertwo
12-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Was there a good reason this was such a pain to get? My LGS preordered ten DC DBGs, and they still haven't received theirs.

Jesster

ImmortalJedi
12-17-2012, 03:14 PM
My LGS was told only certain distributors got promo cards...of course the one he uses didn't, so I'm trying to find a copy of the card.

bobtheguardian
12-18-2012, 07:01 PM
I would reasonably pay $5.99 for one. Hello Cryptozoic employees, how are you? I'll make you a deal. You guys print villains in little random MTG style packs with rares to chase? And I'll throw money at you. By the fist full. Like they were snowballs of cash and it was an early New England morning in December.

Charmander
12-19-2012, 06:14 AM
I would reasonably pay $5.99 for one. Hello Cryptozoic employees, how are you? I'll make you a deal. You guys print villains in little random MTG style packs with rares to chase? And I'll throw money at you. By the fist full. Like they were snowballs of cash and it was an early New England morning in December.

I would also pay 5.99 for the Martian manhunter card :)

TheAllyKat
12-20-2012, 08:48 PM
I would like to acquire the promotional "Martian Manhunter" card for my game. I checked every store in the Greater Vancouver area and none received the promotional card at all with any of their shipments of the game. Your online store is sold out and since the promotional card is listed as limited availability an order online would not guarantee getting one.

With this in mind, I would very much like to be able to acquire one.

Matt_Hyra
12-21-2012, 11:46 AM
If you want a Martian Manhunter card, just have your local game store sign up for the free DC DB Game Day. They can send us a message through our website contact system. More info here:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/dc-comics-deck-building-game-days-extended

Ssobaekil
12-21-2012, 08:46 PM
what if we bought the game and our gaming store does not want to sign up for the DC DB Game day? Are we out of luck?

Id like the manhunter too please.

Charmander
12-22-2012, 03:41 AM
Too bad I'm from the philippines and bough mine from Dave and Adams... Will I get. Chance to buy one?.

Alexstoryteller
12-27-2012, 09:04 AM
High five. Yes !!!!!!

Llauorn
01-03-2013, 12:01 PM
what if we bought the game and our gaming store does not want to sign up for the DC DB Game day? Are we out of luck?

Id like the manhunter too please.

That's the way it seems to be. One of the reasons I don't like this method of promos. If your local store doesn't sign up, the player that purchased the game is out of luck. Ascension is great because they have their promos available for a reasonable amount.

iceberg
01-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Martian Manhunter is one of my favorite heroes. I was excited to see him "available" as a superhero, but it would seem to be a near impossibility to acquire one at this point. I know I can print him out onto glossy card stock or whatever to get one to get me by until I can actually get my hands on one, my question would be, would it be legal at an event sponsored by my FLGS? I'm also willing to purchase said card direct from Cryptozoic should they ever become available or even a reprint for that matter.

iamsuperman825
02-06-2013, 10:33 AM
What if our store DID sign up for the Game Day but didnt have enough promos to give out? I'd really like to get one.

I was wrong apparently there was some sort of confusion. :(

Clavaat
02-06-2013, 01:40 PM
I lucked out and managed to get one from my store, however I had this problem with the PA DBG. I don't really understand why they won't be released for sale beyond eBay. It doesn't cost that much to put them into print, but people (myself included) would totally pay for promos separately. This is essentially physical DLC.

iamsuperman825
02-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I lucked out and managed to get one from my store, however I had this problem with the PA DBG. I don't really understand why they won't be released for sale beyond eBay. It doesn't cost that much to put them into print, but people (myself included) would totally pay for promos separately. This is essentially physical DLC.

Agreed 100% I play dominion and none of the stores have ever had the promos they made but I was able to buy them all from BoardGameGeek or something.

Llauorn
02-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Please offer promos available to purchase through your online store and make some money.

seidelmx
02-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Please offer promos available to purchase through your online store and make some money.

Yes, Excellent idea.

IAmTheGreat
03-18-2013, 12:45 PM
I just bought the game on the website, got the Promo card, then went and returned the game to my local game store for store credit.

iamsuperman825
03-20-2013, 09:51 AM
I just bought the game on the website, got the Promo card, then went and returned the game to my local game store for store credit.

That may have worked for you but not me. Spend 40 bucks on a game in their online store for ONE card then return it to a local store and only get maybe 20 bucks STORE CREDIT back? No promo is worth that.

The website should start selling the promo individually. I for one am getting pretty frustrated that they havent yet.

Llauorn
03-20-2013, 10:19 AM
The game should also be developed for IoS/Android. The fact that it is not is frustrating as well, as Penny arcade is on Ios and I do not believe played nearly as much.

IAmTheGreat
03-20-2013, 10:47 AM
That may have worked for you but not me. Spend 40 bucks on a game in their online store for ONE card then return it to a local store and only get maybe 20 bucks STORE CREDIT back? No promo is worth that.

The website should start selling the promo individually. I for one am getting pretty frustrated that they havent yet.

You have a store that sells the game for $20?

iamsuperman825
03-20-2013, 12:57 PM
You have a store that sells the game for $20?

No, I have never encountered a store that accepts any type of trade at face/retail value. They dont pay 40 bucks for it from their distributor. Why would they buy it from someone off the street for more than they pay to get it from their distributor?

IAmTheGreat
03-20-2013, 01:18 PM
You return it, say you bought it there but dont have the receipt, and they give you store credit for the amount they sell it for. Unless you have a specific store that does some shady stuff, thats how it always is

boba_fouts
03-20-2013, 01:35 PM
You return it, say you bought it there but dont have the receipt, and they give you store credit for the amount they sell it for. Unless you have a specific store that does some shady stuff, thats how it always is

It is amusing that you admit to lying, then would call a store "shady".

Vilesin
03-20-2013, 02:01 PM

+1

IAmTheGreat
03-21-2013, 01:12 AM
If you guys feel like shelling out an extra $30 to be able to sleep better at night, thats fine with me.

iamsuperman825
03-21-2013, 04:42 AM

This isnt Walmart. Every local shop I go to know me. They would also know if I bought a copy or did not buy a copy from their store. Therefore, it would have to be a trade in for store credit - not a returned item.

THIS! LOL

Lhome
03-21-2013, 06:49 AM
You do know that fraud is a criminal offense, right?

iamsuperman825
03-21-2013, 09:40 AM

haha

IAmTheGreat
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
You guys are still so innocent, its heartwarming

JesusChristMD
03-23-2013, 11:53 AM
The game should also be developed for IoS/Android. The fact that it is not is frustrating as well, as Penny arcade is on Ios and I do not believe played nearly as much.

the game has also been out WAY longer. Use some common sense please.

bwayne
03-24-2013, 07:23 PM

I agree, I would want them all. Any word on if they will be doing an expansion?

LexLuthorJr
03-24-2013, 11:25 PM
I agree, I would want them all. Any word on if they will be doing an expansion?

Word is an expansion is under way. They are trying to have it done by the summer. No other details.

JesusChristMD
03-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Yesterday they said fall on the topic LITERALLY below this one.

"There is a physical expansion coming out in the fall of this year. "

boba_fouts
03-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Yesterday they said fall on the topic LITERALLY below this one.

"There is a physical expansion coming out in the fall of this year. "

Has there been any word on an expansion?

Doaj
03-30-2013, 12:34 AM
The Capcom deck-builder is supposed to have the same backs on the cards and can be fully integrated, as I understand it. As for a DC expansion, I don't know.

joewtwins
05-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Do you think that they could throw in the Martian Manhunter Promo in with the expansion if purchased from your site?