PDA

View Full Version : Wording on Superman VS Green lantern

Ssobaekil
12-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Green lantern states "different names" specifically for his effect, so upon reading superman's effect we think he would work with 2 "different" super powers with the same name (or you would have put different names on him).

Thus, Superman plays kick (gets +3 power) then plays another kick for a total of 6 power.

Is this correct? The logic is sound because kick and kick are physically 2 different cards, i did not clayface a kick to "replay" the same kick.

pietran30
12-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Green lantern states "different names" specifically for his effect, so upon reading superman's effect we think he would work with 2 "different" super powers with the same name (or you would have put different names on him).

Thus, Superman plays kick (gets +3 power) then plays another kick for a total of 6 power.

Is this correct? The logic is sound because kick and kick are physically 2 different cards, i did not clayface a kick to "replay" the same kick.

It is meant to be different super powers. The creator Matt Hyra had posted either here or on BGG about it. I think they put that on GL's card to show it can be any card worth 1 or more, not just certain cards. 2 ways to say the same thing really.

EDIT: I found Matt's post, look under the thread labeled "Superman Vs. Batman".

Ssobaekil
12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
ok. If that is what they wanted him to be then that is ok. However, that just means superman and batman are consistently terrible. haha! Superman is still ok, but we found him to be even with the other heroes (except batman).

Thanks

pietran30
12-21-2012, 11:56 PM
ok. If that is what they wanted him to be then that is ok. However, that just means superman and batman are consistently terrible. haha! Superman is still ok, but we found him to be even with the other heroes (except batman).

Thanks

Batman gets +1 power with ANY equipment cards played... So if you play Aquaman's trident 3x, you would get 2 power for each plus 1 extra for each because of batman's power. This would mean you would generate +9 power from those 3 cards.

sivartalappes
12-22-2012, 07:23 PM
ok. If that is what they wanted him to be then that is ok. However, that just means superman and batman are consistently terrible. haha!

Batman is pretty amazing, actually, getting +1 with ANY AND EVERY equipment you play... unlike Supes where they need to all be different.

Personally, I thin Cyborg is the broken one... In every game I've played so far, whether 1v1 or multiplayer, whoever has Cyborg wins. Period.

Ssobaekil
12-24-2012, 09:12 PM
It all depends on what hits the board. Generally speaking they are all good except batman because the equipment in this game is generally good for anyone. The competition over these specific cards makes batman rely on the replacement after the last opponents turn to hit equipment. If he gets some going, then yes he is good. Its just that the equipment doesnt stay in the line up for batman.

If it is 1 v 1 and you are not stealing equipment from batman, you are playing it wrong. Hence he is bad. Plus there is like 20 equipment in the whole deck.

sivartalappes
12-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Plus there is like 20 equipment in the whole deck.

That got me wondering, so I counted.

28 equipment cards
16 Super Power cards (not counting kicks)
32 Hero cards
33 Villain cards (not counting Super-villains)
5 locations

Based on those numbers, I think Wonder Woman might be the strongest ability, or maybe Green Lantern.
EDIT: Actually, no matter what, I still say Cyborg is the best superhero to have... since with the numbers above he has 44 cards that could activate his power(s)... and the fact that he has TWO powers that can (and usually are) activated in the same turn make him a game breaker (at least in every game I've played so far)

Ssobaekil
12-24-2012, 11:47 PM
ive looked at this as well (being a math major and math minded person). All the super heroes are good (except batman). Superman is limited to 1 per different, BUT he always has the kick pile there is not always equipment for batman to buy. And in a deck of 20 cards later in the game, the odds of drawing all 4 - 7 kicks gained thus far are very low. So you get 1 more power a turn on top of Kicks which are always 2.

Batman however needs only equipment, and the only one that people dont try to snag right away is the batmobile (which i think is one of the best cards in the game personally because it helps cycle the deck faster, or its 1 power, 1 point at the end of the game).

Ssobaekil
12-24-2012, 11:48 PM
i just dont like batman (in general).

My friend had a 2 headed game the other night where batman did work, but out of all the games we have used him, this is the only story of batman preforming medium to good.