PDA

View Full Version : Super Villain Parallax Ruling???

Ssobaekil
12-24-2012, 09:27 PM
I play out 12 power to defeat Parallax and i used aquaman's trident to put him to the top, then i used Kid Flash to draw him.

If i then play him, do i have 12 more power to spend? Or do i have 0 power since i used the 12 to defeat him?

sivartalappes
12-24-2012, 09:43 PM
0, since you already spent the power in full... you would need to double the power BEFORE you spend it.

aoineko
12-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Parallax does not double any of the power you have spent already.

Ssobaekil
12-25-2012, 04:40 AM
Thanks. That is how we played it, but I saw the logic in both outcomes. However, the 0 power outcome was the most logical of the 2.

darkjawa103
12-25-2012, 06:26 AM
he is pretty great even if you don't have a strong hand. I pulled off a combo with Parallax and Clayface, effectively playing Parallax twice. I got up to 35 power.

Ssobaekil
12-25-2012, 08:16 AM
nothing! my brother played man of steel.... parallax..... clayface for 70 power. It was the last turn of the game too, and after he man of steeled i said just gain the board. He got mad and was like SHUT UP! then he did his combo and was too proud of himself. hahaha.

My other friend used riddler and man of steel.... that combo is dangerous! Potential to just buy the deck outright.

sivartalappes
12-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Yeah, but 70 power is totally useless in this game unless you're doing the On-Patrol variant... otherwise, once you get a supervillain and the line-up, what are you going to do with the rest of your power? Buy the kick stack?

Ssobaekil
12-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Thats what i did. bought 12 kicks the line up and the super villain with power to spare. That was just with man of steel tho.

On patrol is a dumb variant to me. Play all your cards, then start gaining things. there is like Bane x3, Harly x3, start x1, ivy x3, scarecrow x3. So like 13 cards out of the over 100 that can attack you. The only one that hurts really is scarecrow, maybe ivy. So there is NO reason not to flip the next cards. lol

blackroseyagami
12-26-2012, 02:42 AM
70 Power + Riddler would be pretty sweet

Dr.Doom
12-30-2012, 09:37 AM
I may have missed something in the rules (I don't have them with me) but we were under the impression you couldn't play cards once you started purchasing. Clarification?

Skinner
12-30-2012, 10:27 AM
I may have missed something in the rules (I don't have them with me) but we were under the impression you couldn't play cards once you started purchasing. Clarification?
There is no rule that says you have to play all your cards (or all the cards you intend to play) before you make purchases.

sivartalappes
12-30-2012, 12:39 PM

False assumptions. you can play your cards in any order of your choosing and spend your money when you like. The only exception to this rule is that cards that have any effects other than just money must be played in entirety before playing the next card. This is the same way it works with every deckbuilding game. Non-resource cards must be played in entirety and resources continue to stack until you spend them, but you may spend and play in any order you choose.

Dr.Doom
12-31-2012, 08:24 PM
There is no rule that says you have to play all your cards (or all the cards you intend to play) before you make purchases.
Well, there is this one, from page 5 of the rule book:

"When you have played all the cards you wish to play at that time, total up the Power you have accumulated and buy what you wish to buy from the Line-up or the face up stacks."

I read that as you don't total up power and buy till you are finished playing cards.

Dr.Doom
12-31-2012, 08:26 PM
False assumptions. you can play your cards in any order of your choosing and spend your money when you like. The only exception to this rule is that cards that have any effects other than just money must be played in entirety before playing the next card. This is the same way it works with every deckbuilding game. Non-resource cards must be played in entirety and resources continue to stack until you spend them, but you may spend and play in any order you choose.

False assumptions. The rules of other deckbuilding games are not relevant.
Is there a button that let's me block all of your posts to pre-empt future douche-baggery?

Clavaat
12-31-2012, 10:37 PM
He's right though >.>

Ssobaekil
01-01-2013, 06:43 AM
"When you have played all the cards you wish to play at that time, total up the Power you have accumulated and buy what you wish to buy from the Line-up or the face up stacks."

The key wording here is 'at that time'. If not for this phrase, then you would have to play your hand then buy. If that makes sense to you? It is a weird way to phrase the rule

Dr.Doom
01-01-2013, 09:24 AM

The key wording here is 'at that time'. If not for this phrase, then you would have to play your hand then buy. If that makes sense to you? It is a weird way to phrase the rule

Yeah, that's the issue. I honestly am not arguing the rule one way or the other. We really don't know because of the vagueness of that sentence. When I first read it, I thought it was simply saying you don't have to play all your cards. I would agree that ir means you could go back and play cards again if there was anything else in the rule book that supported that.
Unfortunately, there is no mention anywhere of paying for/gaining cards and then playing them again, not in that section, not in the sample turn sequence.

It's weirdly worded and subsequently vague.

aoineko
01-01-2013, 10:53 AM
To be clear, you can play more cards after you buy cards from the line-up.

PS This is not how it works in every deck building game (i.e. Dominion and technically Thunderstone).

sivartalappes
01-01-2013, 11:46 AM
To be clear, you can play more cards after you buy cards from the line-up.

PS This is not how it works in every deck building game (i.e. Dominion and technically Thunderstone).

Allow me to rephrase then: it's how it works in every deckbuilding game that allows you to buy more than 1 card. That's why I'm not a fan of Dominon really, because you can only make one purchase every turn.

Ssobaekil
01-01-2013, 12:55 PM
well dominon takes more thought and you can buy more than 1 card in dominion. Just build the deck that way and you can buy more.

Every deck building game has positives and negatives.

aoineko
01-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Dominion takes more thought the first 1 minute of the game... Once you've determined what cards you want to build your deck around you don't really need to make any choices after that.

sivartalappes
01-01-2013, 03:31 PM
you can buy more than 1 card in dominion.

IF the card(s) that give an extra buy pop during randomizing.

Dr.Doom
01-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks for all your input, but I would like someone at Cryptozoic to give a definitive answer.

sivartalappes
01-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all your input, but I would like someone at Cryptozoic to give a definitive answer.

He did. Nathan said on Page 2 of this thread that you CAN spend more power after already buying stuff.

Ssobaekil
01-01-2013, 08:29 PM
lol. The names that are colored "blue or purple" are official people

Dr.Doom
01-05-2013, 10:00 AM
lol. The names that are colored "blue or purple" are official people

THAT is good to know. lol