PDA

View Full Version : X-Ray Vision VS. Batmobile Question

Ciseal
12-29-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't have the exact effects on-hand, but I was playing a game last night with a friend and the interaction between these two cards came into question. He played X-Ray vision, allowing him to see the top card of each opponent's deck and "play it" (play the effect or play the card?), which revealed Batmobile. Batmobile, if it is the first card you play, allows you to ditch your hand and draw 5 new cards.

The question I have is a ruling on the exact effect of X-Ray vision. Does it play the card revealed, putting it in the stack as the second card, or does it merely play the effect, making X-Ray vision the only card in the stack?

houjix
12-29-2012, 07:43 AM
X-ray is the first card you played so Batmobile will on give you +1 power.

The card is considered played with X-ray but stays on top of its owner's deck.

sivartalappes
12-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Hmm... then we played wrong. I played with my girlfriend and due to an attack from a super-villain I was down to 3 cards. One of those cards was X-Ray Vision. I X-Rayed and my gf had Batmobile as her top card. I assumed that X-Ray became a copy of that card, so I then discarded my other 2 cards to draw 5 cards so I could play with a full hand.

Ooopsies?!

JesusChristMD
12-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Assuming X-Ray vision became a copy is clearly the wrong play since no where on the card does it ever mention copying.

It's important to read the cards fully, as it's important since there are cards that DO copy.