PDA

View Full Version : Superman and Clayface...

Ssobaekil
01-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Superman plays kick (gets 3 power), then clayface on kick... does superman get 3 power or 2?

i see the logic for both answers, but i want an official rule.

Llauorn
01-01-2013, 09:39 AM
How does clayface read?

sivartalappes
01-01-2013, 10:06 AM
It would only be 2. Clayface copies the effects of a card played, which in this case is a kick which is 2 power. The third power came from the Superman SuperHero, which is not a card. So in essence, Superman played 2 kicks (counting Clayface as a second kick), the first kick gave him an additional power due to his ability of gaining +1 for every different super power. His grand total then, is 5.

Ssobaekil
01-01-2013, 12:51 PM
hey sivatalappes...... read clayface bro..... i dont have him handy, but he says something to the effect of "replay a card. you gain all power and effects generated by it" something like that. superman is an effect.... thus does clayface add it? i want a CZE person to answer this. We as players can argue all day about it, but our word isnt final.

aoineko
01-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Clayface says you get to play a card you've already played this turn again. It's considered playing another card (to trigger effects like Martian Manhunter), but would not trigger Superman's power since it is not a "different" superpower. The reminder text is there to remind you that you still get effects from the first time you played the card (i.e. the +3 Power).

sivartalappes
01-01-2013, 03:37 PM
hey sivatalappes...... read clayface bro..... i dont have him handy, but he says something to the effect of "replay a card. you gain all power and effects generated by it" something like that. superman is an effect.... thus does clayface add it? i want a CZE person to answer this. We as players can argue all day about it, but our word isnt final.

Clayface reads:

Choose a card you played this turn. Play it again this turn. (Effects and Power generated the first time you played it remain.)

So effects and power from playing it the first time are still there and don't go away, but you play the card again.

But for superman, playing kick again would not be playing a different superpower... so the re-play would not get Superman's +1.

Ssobaekil
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks Aoineko. That is what i thought personally, but you know how it goes when someone else is superman and wants the effect to buy something right then and there...

sivartalappes: Aoineko answered my question, no need for reinforcement. I understand it. lol.