PDA

View Full Version : Clayface and Suicide Squad

sivartalappes
01-01-2013, 03:45 PM
So... based on what has been said in the Clayface/Superman thread... CLAYFACE counts as an additional card, but the card it "copies" is actually being played a second time.

SO... Suicide Squad... if you play 2 suicide Squad cards... then clayface one of them... does each foe discard their hand or no?

I can see both arguments...

YES: You played 2 and now are playing a "third" so it triggers.

NO: You played 2 and then re-played one of them, but still only 2 cards, and it reads "if you played two other suicide squad CARDS..."

Official answer is...???

__X__
01-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Short answer: Yes, 2 Suicide Squad + Clayface = sad opponents. During the demos CZE gave, that is what they said

aoineko
01-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Look out, secret combo!

In other words, yes, copying one of the 2 Suicide Squads you have already played with Clayface does trigger their discard effect.

Ssobaekil
01-01-2013, 08:28 PM
The effect says "If you have played 2", not "if this is the 3rd one played". But yes, i did this once, it was sweet! That is a good question though.

sivartalappes
01-01-2013, 11:07 PM
The effect says "If you have played 2", not "if this is the 3rd one played". But yes, i did this once, it was sweet! That is a good question though.

It says "if you have played 2 OTHER"... hence the possibility of not getting the effect...

Ssobaekil
01-02-2013, 10:29 AM
A really good question would have been.... if i play a suicide squad, then clayface, then clayface. Then is when the ruling would be questionable. In this case, the effect of squad would still happen.