PDA

View Full Version : game questions

dynamic_duo
01-02-2013, 02:19 AM
1. Can there be 2 buying phases in a turn? Example: Can you buy a card with aquaman and place it on top of your deck, then draw it, then play it and use its power to buy another card? (on the back of the rule book underneath turn sequence it implies there is only one buy phase and you cannot play cards after you have purchased cards, however, in these forums people are saying otherwise)

2. Example: You play your cards and they equal up to 10 power... then you play parallax which brings your total to 20. Then you play clayface and use parallax's ability again... does your power remain at 20, or does this only double the original amount again of 10 which would bring your total power to 30 or does it basically quadruple your power and bring your total to 40?

FuriousMILK
01-02-2013, 05:00 AM
1. There's no real phase, the back of the book is most likely just for quick reference for beginners. You can buy, play, buy, play, etc.

2. How exactly is Parallax worded? Most likely you'll hit 40, but again, I don't remember his wording off the top of my head.

jbabel
01-02-2013, 06:55 AM
1. Yes you can buy, play more cards then buy more cards. So in your example you could top deck a card with aquaman then draw it with kid flash and play it and buy more cards.
2. 40. parallax says 'double you power', so on the first play you double 10 to make 20 and clayface would then double 20 to make 40.

Ssobaekil
01-02-2013, 10:44 AM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21360

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21376

You question has already been answered, twice.

dynamic_duo
01-02-2013, 03:31 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21360

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21376

You question has already been answered, twice.

We wanted clarification on #1 but #2 has not been answered, ever. The example you lead me to was referring to something other than my question. Parallax reads "Double your power this turn." The question comes down to the wording of the card. Which is to ask does this ability stack because it says "this turn" and not "your current power".

Let me run you through another example:
You play Kick, then Parallax, then Clayface, How much power do you have?
A: 4 Power; Because the ability does not stack because it targeted your "turn"
B: 6 Power; Because you only double the original 2 Power from the Kick
C: 8 Power; Because you double your current power every time Parallax is played ultimately quadrupling your power

On a side note depending on what the official answer is, what happens when you play cards that will produce power after the above example?

I'm sure this just boils down to confusing wording but this has been a hot topic within our play group, that is why we wanted to possibly have an official answer.

Ssobaekil
01-02-2013, 06:11 PM
If you play parallax, then play power. That power is doubled. I believe he says "double your power this turn", so if you play him, then play kick. You have 4 power.

I dont have him handy, but i do not think he says double the power you already have.

But we can wait for an official answer, just in case i am wrong. I dont think i am though. lol

FuriousMILK
01-02-2013, 07:55 PM
He doubles it, Ssobaekil is right. As long as you haven't already spent the power, like you use 12 to buy him then Aquaman's Trident him to the top, draw, and play him, then it's doubled. So anything he "sees" gets doubled.

dynamic_duo
01-02-2013, 08:02 PM
He doubles it, Ssobaekil is right. As long as you haven't already spent the power, like you use 12 to buy him then Aquaman's Trident him to the top, draw, and play him, then it's doubled. So anything he "sees" gets doubled.

I'm not asking about that, it's pretty clear that he will not double spent power.

Still the question is if you play Parallax then Clayface and play Parallax a second time does the power quadruple or simply stay double?

Ssobaekil
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
lets say you have 4 power. play parallax... now your have 8. Clayface -> you currently have 8, now you have 16.

jbabel
01-03-2013, 08:13 AM
since it says 'this turn' all power you play (regarless of when) is doubled (quadrulpled if you play another parallax/clayface him). The easy way to calculate is just move parallax/copies of him to the end of the stack then double it (and double it again if needed).

aoineko
01-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Playing 2 Parallax cards would result in 4x power (2x2).

dynamic_duo
01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Playing 2 Parallax cards would result in 4x power (2x2).

Thank you! This will now end, the never-ending debate in my play group! LOL