PDA

View Full Version : Playing by yourself

joeypants
01-16-2013, 08:17 PM
I just ordered the game and was wondering if anybody has tried playing by them self. It doesn't seem that you are battling any other opponents, so I imagine that playing as one hero and then playing as another wouldn't be much of a problem? Has anybody tried this yet?

sivartalappes
01-16-2013, 08:51 PM
I've done a few solo games where I tried to beat all 12 supervillains in X number of turns.

I soon got bored with this. lol

Ssobaekil
01-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Ive played as 2 decks before. Its not a fun thing, its a see what is good thing. You have to play both decks honestly. I dont draw a new hand unless an attack is played or it's the start of that decks turn. Makes it more fair in the back of your mind.

iceberg
01-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Thats how I currently play until I can get some people at my LGS into it. Standard game is 8 Supervillians, I knock it down to 4, run through a quick game. Change hero, go at it again. But then again, I like the lord of the rings LCG from fantasy flight that has solo rules included.

jbabel
01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
The 2 main ways I have seen to play are:
set up as usual then:
flip a weakness each turn, you lose when all the weaknesses run out (so beat the game in 20 turns)
OR
At the start of each turn destroy X cards from the top of the main deck. X=VP of the current supervillain, you lose when you cannot draw a card from the main deck to eaither destroy it in this way or refill the line up. (it takes ~18-22 turns to go through this method)
So both work about right, 1st way is less work.

LexLuthorJr
01-17-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't do this. I heard it makes you go blind.