PDA

View Full Version : SICK combo!

sivartalappes
01-18-2013, 07:29 AM
My girlfriend did this against me last night. It was sad that it happened to me, but at the same time, it was a pretty cool combo to watch:

Played Robin to...

Pull Bat Signal out of her discard pile and played it to...

Pull Man of Steel out of her discard pile to...

Pull about 40 power worth of super-powers out of her discard pile!

Sick combo!

zimagic
01-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Sweet. I've had the Robin -> Signal chain but never into Man of Steel. Must put that on my to-do list!

Ssobaekil
01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
how bout man of steel, parallex, claface.

next turn, bat signal to pull man of steel.

third turn, bat signal to pull man of steel.

yea, it happened. This is why we removed the Man of steel from the main deck. It's an unbalanced card for sure.

sivartalappes
01-18-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't think it's "unbalanced" at all considering the fact that a) there is only 1 copy of it and b) it costs as much as a super-villian...

chuu
01-18-2013, 10:51 PM
today my wife pulled off that combo on me (i had previously done it to her) but she had way more superpowers in her discard pile than I did so she had like 48 power, then she proceeded to use the Riddler to pick up 13 cards from the main deck and used her last power to kill off lex...

zimagic
01-21-2013, 04:58 AM
Epic combo last night:

I'm playing Wonder Woman and ticking all the boxes: Penguin, Arkham, Riddler 2x Clayface a pile of destroy cards and a couple of Super Strengths. I've triggered WW every single turn except the one I stopped to buy Arkham with. This has got me a couple of Super-villains including Lex Luthor & Parallax.

My draw cards gave me Parallax & both Clayfaces and though I could only generate 7 power apart from that. 7 became 14, then 28, then 56 with the copies of Parallax and I played my final card: Riddler!

I gained the current Super-villain and gained 14 cards from the main deck, 8 of which were Villains which gave me a hand of 5+1+8 = 14 cards when I re-drew at the end of turn.

I won that one.

chuu
01-21-2013, 09:17 PM
my wife keeps getting combos like this all the time...she's too lucky, i can't seem to beat her...sigh. Anyone play games where the cards flipped for their opponent are great (superman, ww, clayface, Suicide Squad) and the ones flipped for you suck (equipment, xray vision, lasso)...

zimagic
01-22-2013, 01:20 AM
my wife keeps getting combos like this all the time...she's too lucky, i can't seem to beat her...sigh. Anyone play games where the cards flipped for their opponent are great (superman, ww, clayface, Suicide Squad) and the ones flipped for you suck (equipment, xray vision, lasso)...

I found this at the start all the time but I found that, if you have a Hero that allows you to extend your hand (WW, Flash, Cyborg), you'll eventually draw out of it. Understanding the value of the line-up against the potential value of cards that could turn up is very important. I've had turns of buying 2-3 kicks if I couldn't beat the Super-villain just to force my opponents to either have a great Super-villain-beating hand or buy the cards in the line-up. The fact that you only refill the line-up at the end of turn is a huge advantage when you play this strategy. Someone will crack, just try to put yourself in a good position to profit when they do.

sivartalappes
01-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah, if the line-up is crap on my turn, I'll just buy kicks in hopes that my girlfriend will be forced to get stuff from the line-up to flip better cards for me... although it usually works against me and something cool WILL flip for me... that I can't afford... but then she can on her turn. :(

MASFUEG0
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Ok guys, why do I keep hearing your wife/girlfriend pulled this combo on you. Man up and give her the "Man of Steel"!!! Just playing. Seriously, that card is not unbalanced. If you have it in your hand and a crappy discard pile, then it's worthless(+3). I pulled it last night along with the card that lets you pull all the heroes in your discard pile. I can't think of it ugh! I got +33 power! Needless to say I beat my wife pretty bad! haha!

chuu
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
last night, deathstroke was the second supervillain and i missed buying him by 1 point, my wife bought him and proceeded to use him to pick up superman and then wonderwoman...i'm going to trying this kick buying tactic..lol..

sivartalappes
01-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Ok guys, why do I keep hearing your wife/girlfriend pulled this combo on you. Man up and give her the "Man of Steel"!!! Just playing. Seriously, that card is not unbalanced. If you have it in your hand and a crappy discard pile, then it's worthless(+3). I pulled it last night along with the card that lets you pull all the heroes in your discard pile. I can't think of it ugh! I got +33 power! Needless to say I beat my wife pretty bad! haha!

What are you talking about? There is no card that pulls all heroes from discard... Bat Signal pulls A hero from discard pile... but the only card that lets you pull all of something is Man of Steel to pull all super powers.

MASFUEG0
01-23-2013, 06:46 AM
What are you talking about? There is no card that pulls all heroes from discard... Bat Signal pulls A hero from discard pile... but the only card that lets you pull all of something is Man of Steel to pull all super powers.

I apologize??? I couldn't remember the card exactly. Maybe I had multiple robins or clayface to duplicate robin. I pulled two Cyborgs btw. Either way the point of this post is, Man of Steel is not unbalanced. Had it again last night and didn't get to use it to its full potential.

sivartalappes
01-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Ok guys, why do I keep hearing your wife/girlfriend pulled this combo on you. Man up and give her the "Man of Steel"!!!

Well, if it helps, as of last night she's apparently no longer my girlfriend. :(

chuu
01-24-2013, 07:42 PM
you guys broke up cuz she beat you again?
Me and my wife were just playing a game and as usual my luck was horrible and hers great, needless to say, i conceded the game after 20 minutes, she wanted to count VPs, i said why bother but did it anyways...58 to 17....lol...

sivartalappes
01-24-2013, 07:44 PM
heh, no... but it was out of nowhere just the same.

zimagic
01-25-2013, 04:20 AM
Me and my wife were just playing a game and as usual my luck was horrible and hers great, needless to say, i conceded the game after 20 minutes, she wanted to count VPs, i said why bother but did it anyways...58 to 17....lol...

Ouch! I've had big winns (and losses!) but never quite that big! What were you doing for that game? 41 point difference is huge!!

I've actually had the tie-breaker come up once in a 3-man game where I lost out on number of villains defeated, I think it ended 28 - 32(2V) - 32(4V)

chuu
01-27-2013, 05:06 PM
i've only had one huge win against my wife, 102 to 52, every other time i've only won by a maximum of 5...she usually beats me by 10-15 points, which is most of the time...i think out of about 20 games we've played, she's won 14...